Tags:
None
Aug 15, 2013
943 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
kurolap wrote:
May 8th, 2013 7:05 pm
Primerica and WFG are real companies that offer people a product or a service. Herbalife, Avon, Amway are also Multi Level Marketing companies that all generate BILLIONS of dollars a year in sales… So people that don't understand the difference between Pyramids and MLM should get educated. Real-estate works similarly - you can open up a brokerage, hire agents and get a percentage of all their sales. The agents of course have to get licensed which costs thousands of dollars. By the way ACN has a lot of professional NHL athletes that are doing this business that don't get paid endorsement money but just like others, have paid $500 and started building a business just like the other people that were according to your statement "suckered" to join. As you can guess, I'm in this business as well :)

-

Yes ACN is endorsed by Trump and they are paying him money…in fact, he featured ACN on his TV show, TWICE. So now what you're saying is not only average people get "suckered" into ACN but NBC was also somehow "suckered into it" lol

So not only are you against this business model, you're also racist? I don't know when you looked at this business but there have been a lot of young successful people doing ACN. In terms of $500 start up fee, given everything that you get, in my opinion it should be more than $500…ACN has over 1500 employees that service YOUR customers, do tech support, Merchant processing, billing etc…So lets assume that the average person in Canada/States makes $30,000/year - multiply by 1500 employees that's $45,000,000 (45 million)…I'll make you a deal…You can join in my team for free but you cough up the 45 million. On top of that they have DOZENS of partners world wide that you can acquire customers. So since you seem to know so much about business- how much would it cost YOU to open up JUST ONE Telus Franchise in your local mall? What about in every mall in Canada…Also lets add Bell TV to the picture along with internet, AT&T, TMobile, Verizon, O2, Virgin and SO many others...

Seems like a lot of educated people and publications are attaching their name to this…maybe you're the sucker? Inc Magazine, Fortune, Wallstreet, USA today etc… So in terms of credibility yes, Trump is exclusively endorsing ACN when it comes to Network marketing companies but also Bell, Telus, AT&T, Verizon (all the other providers I mentioned) also somehow got "suckered" into it? The fact is, that ACN is a customer acquisition company that acquires LOYAL customers for a lower cost than traditional advertising, a lot of the times saving the customers money and sharing the revenues with the Independent business owners.

Whether your friend had a good encounter or not I cannot comment on but let me help you out a bit distinguishing between Multi-Level-Marketing (otherwise known as Network Marketing) and Pyramid Scams…

Network Marketing companies (such as Amway, Avon, Mary Kay, Herbalife, ACN, Nuskin etc) offer either a product or a service and the agents ONLY make money on the distribution of those products either directly through the agent (rep or business owner) OR their team (otherwise known as downline) meaning that you can recruit people and when THEY buy or sell the products or services, you're entitled to an over-ride. (similar to real estate agent/broker relationship)…It can't be through unlimited levels because mathematically it's impossible so every company has different compensation plans.

Pyramid scams are where you get paid to recruit people. Period. People go to jail for this, it's illegal in most (if not all) countries.

When someone joins ACN, the $500 does not go to the person that recruited you, they get NOTHING ($0.00) - the only way your "upline" (people above you) make money is when they help you get customers (whether that's yourself or others)…according to the current compensation plan the new recruit must acquire 3 services (one outside that household) for the person that recruited you to be entitled to compensation known as a CAB or (Customer Acquisition Bonus)

I'm not going to go into TOO much details because I am not an employee of ACN, I'm an IBO ( Independent Business Owner ) but the point is, if you don't want to join ACN, don't. But please don't go saying stupidity like it's a scam…There's only 2 scenarios where it could be a scam. #1. The service doesn't work…ACN already has millions of customers and I have MANY customers…so clearly that's not true and scenario #2 is that they don't pay their reps…Why the hell would I be taking my time and investing my energy in replying to a pretty stupid (in my opinion) post by you if they didn't pay me money… I've made money with ACN and they were never been late for a payment. I've made money in two ways..>#1. Residual income (percentage of the customer's bills) and #2. Customer Acquasition Bonuses. Helping to build a sales force to so say that when THEY acquire customers, they begin earning a residual income and for doing so, the company rewards me for that….3 winners in that scenario - The company (ACN) for getting a new customer, the CUSTOMER wins because they get a better price or value and the IBO that got the customer.

This is a real business done through the multi level marketing model - there are BILLION dollar companies that have already proven that this works, ACN has proven this business works through countless success stories…If someone pays $500 and doesn't make any money, it's not the companies fault. It's like a fat person signing up for the gym and then two weeks later bitching about the fact that they're still fat and saying "LA FITNESS SCAMMED ME" - Go work out and make it happen. If someone spends $3000 on a real estate course and doesn't sell a single home they can't say that the real estate association SCAMMED me…I'm not surprise that some people don't make any money but it's THEIR fault.

ACN works, I still make money on customers I acquired years ago. For some people it takes more time to learn than for others and the only reason I even took this time to write this is because people only complain when something goes wrong, when everything works fine they don't go online and write reviews so if anyone here is considering doing this business, rather than listening to some "Joe Shmo" online - listen instead to the credible publications and success stories of the ones that have actually done it, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. This works if you work, it's called NETWORK MARKETING, not NOTWORK MARKETING (credit goes to Nate on that one lol)
Kurolap, you are a known scammer in a russian-speaking community, starting with your Herbalife fiasco in early 90's, so don't even try.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1424 upvotes
Pickering
murjaan wrote:
Jan 11th, 2010 10:04 am
I am not trying to become a Rep or sales person. just want to know if their connection is stable. I am getting fed up of rogers charging me every month extra money for bandwidth download.
So you're not interested in selling the drugs, you just want to buy them.

Time to face the facts. ACN is a third party provider, with any good third party provider, you can experience extended outages IF you have a service interruption due to two instead of one company investigating your problem. Add to that that ACN is not recognized by those in the know as a good provider.

ACN has also been known to call your phone provider and say that you requested a transfer of service to them so they can get your phone service and long distance service. So you see if you order DSL, they will most likely do just that, whether you like it or not.

You can tell by everybody's reaction here that they are deceitful and crap. Evidence is supported by the scammer that came on here to try to admit to a few things so it seems like he is on your side and then try to discredit all the others.

Do you even have an idea of what speeds you currently get and what speeds you will actually get with ACN? Did you call into retentions and ask for anything?

Look at this little gem, I just found on their website:
Please note that ACN High Speed Internet is only available when bundled with an ACN Calling Plan.
I told you so. BTW, I'm the guy that comes back to your house when you call your current providers to complain. So I get to find out one husband was being cheap and kept on signing up for ACN long distance and they kept on transferring his phone service and sending him Internet modems. Or there was the one where the wife signed up for long distance and they couldn't call because ACN didn't have enough capacity. As soon as I see you have ACN, I have no pity. When your stuff doesn't work, it's always been them and their Mickey Mouse middle man masquerade of being a real business.

Sign with real providers or third party providers that don't do tricky **** and sign you up for stuff you didn't want.

Don't come back asking about CIK either. Things are cheaper for a reason, there is no cheaper option that doesn't sacrifice something. Don't go with the cheapest and sink unpaid man hours into believing you've saved money when you have substandard service and are on the phone all the time.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
2445 posts
175 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Family friend got tricked into ACN phone and internet. Luckily my family got her out of it.
Nov 20, 2013
1 posts
Toronto, ON
ACN SUCKS!!!
11 months ago, I signed up for ACN high speed internet and digital phone service.
Today, I FINALLY had enough and called to cancel.
CONSTANT service interruptions - no internet, slow internet and extremely poor phone reception.
Voice over IP is a huge waste - DON'T EVER GET IT!!!!
Just stop and think, the service goes down and the only way you can contact customer service is by using your cell phone!
ACN customer service is horrible, they never answer their phone within 10-30 minutes, they DO NOT know what they're doing as one rep will tell you one thing and another something totally opposite and all they can offer is "we're sorry you're experiencing problems" but with no fix.
Their answer is always, "turn off the modem for 10 seconds and then restart it and that should do it". Then they hang up.
Why does a modem need to be reset weekly?
Why does one ACN rep tell you to hook up a filter on the phone line, then the next rep says to make sure you didn't install a filter? WTF?
I could use up this forums space just telling you about the trouble with ACN and the terrible or non existent customer service!
DO NOT GET ACN .. EVER!!!
Now just to top it all, today when I called to cancel and explained the month's of problems and how I've documented them in a journal ... the customer service rep responded that I had I month left in my 1 year contract and that If I cancelled early, it would cost me $160! REALLY, after I explained what we've been going through since getting ACN . So I asked to speak to a manager ... guess what I was told? A manager would call me in 24-72 hours!!!! Do you need to read anything more than that to see how awful their customer service is?
Dec 30, 1969
1 posts
murjaan wrote:
Jan 11th, 2010 6:25 am
I currently have rogers high speed Internet. I was thinking switching to ACN high speed internet. I would appreciate any feedback if ACN internet is reliable. does it drop on and off. I need to use for Work. thanks
11 months ago, I signed up for ACN high speed internet and digital phone service.
Today, I FINALLY had enough and called to cancel.
CONSTANT service interruptions - no internet, slow internet and extremely poor phone reception.
Voice over IP is a huge waste - DON'T EVER GET IT!!!!
Just stop and think, the service goes down and the only way you can contact customer service is by using your cell phone!
ACN customer service is horrible, they never answer their phone within 10-30 minutes, they DO NOT know what they're doing as one rep will tell you one thing and another something totally opposite and all they can offer is "we're sorry you're experiencing problems" but with no fix.
Their answer is always, "turn off the modem for 10 seconds and then restart it and that should do it". Then they hang up.
Why does a modem need to be reset weekly?
Why does one ACN rep tell you to hook up a filter on the phone line, then the next rep says to make sure you didn't install a filter? WTF?
I could use up this forums space just telling you about the trouble with ACN and the terrible or non existent customer service!
DO NOT GET ACN .. EVER!!!
Waste connection.....
Mar 27, 2015
1 posts
Hillsburgh, ON
Multi level marketing companies are NOT built on a sustainable business model. Economics studies show that "mark-ups" are needless middleman costs added to a sale and you cannot have a chain of people getting paid for one sale and remain price competitive. This group's [ http://www.mlm-thetruth.com ] research over 18 years, and 500 MLMs uses actual audits to show that over 99% of people lose money. Only the top half on 1% make money. The very worst offenders derive almost all of their income from recruitment fees and the "business" products they sell to new recruits - like ACN. The State of Montana sued ACN and their evidence claims that the average person paid over $500 to ACN and got around $50 back. Of that less than $3 came from commissions on the sale of actual ACN services to their customers. The other $47 came from new recruit fees. On top of it all, it's a great way to lose friends.
Feb 4, 2013
2 posts
Toronto
i signed up for ACN as a favor to a friend of mine who is an ACN rep. I was previously with rogers. A month later I cancelled it and went back to rogers. I got screwed with a $100 cancellation fee.
ACN is absolutely horrible. Internet is slow and the tech support cant really do much. I now realize that's why they have agents. They can't reel you in with proper products so they have agents who "sell" these things and as soon as you sign up you are screwed.
-any change to your service resets your 1 year contract whether it be upgrading or downgrading
-even 1 day after your new cycle and you cancel, they will charge you for the full month. Nothing retroactive.
-the tech support has a list of steps to take to troubleshoot your issue. If they can't figure it out, they contact rogers (for my cable modem) . Unfortunately, it appears that rogers doesnt have much respect for them so ACN is at their mercy and there is no urgency on rogers part to resolve your issue.

ACN is a cash grab. Not customer oriented at all. Seriously stay away. It was the worst customer/tech support experience I have encountered in recent memory
Jul 20, 2016
1 posts
I paid 8.00 as deposit and I haven't gotten an installation date in almost 3 weeks
× < >