Automotive

how to remove brownish orange colored speckles off white paint?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2014 11:42 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 17, 2013
583 posts
36 upvotes
kvilkhu wrote: If you want this fixed in the BEST way possible, you need a clay bar kit, and IronX. Please don't listen to the guys talking about toothpaste and other rubbish.

You are fine leaving it alone for a few weeks to allow for online shipping. If I were you, I would purchase everything online - the clay bar, clay bar lubricant (I recommend Ultima Waterless Wash as a lubricant. It's very slick, very cheap, smells great and does a very good job lubricating the surface), and IronX.

If you use this clay bar only, you aren't guaranteed that the contamination (which is embedded in the paint) has been removed. For this reason you need the IronX. It chemically removes the contamination and makes quick and easy work of it. I recommend doing a clay bar treatment first, and then a treatment (or two, or three depending on the contamination level) of IronX. You'll be surprised when you see the chemical reacting on places that you thought you had thoroughly cleaned with a clay bar. Don't spend a lot of time on the clay bar treatment - just a few quick passes. Judging by the contamination in the pic, you probably have a lot more on the lower parts of the car and the back trunk and rear bumper.
Last night I tried using the toothpaste and it does get rid of those brown orange speckles, just too tiring to do each spot you see. That purple spray you guys talk about is exactly what I need for this job. Just spray on and let the chemicals react and work.
Oct 11, 2007
261 posts
32 upvotes
The toothpaste worked because you're abrading the paint on a micro level. I am willing to bet if you took a light to the paint you would see where the toothpaste application was done. Therefore not the best way. Toothpaste is for teeth ;)
No advertising in sigs - Mods
Oct 17, 2013
583 posts
36 upvotes
kvilkhu wrote: The toothpaste worked because you're abrading the paint on a micro level. I am willing to bet if you took a light to the paint you would see where the toothpaste application was done. Therefore not the best way. Toothpaste is for teeth ;)
you are right the area where we used the toothpaste has a matte finish compared to the shiney areas.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11164 upvotes
oneseasonleft wrote: you are right the area where we used the toothpaste has a matte finish compared to the shiney areas.
Just needs to be buffed out with good wax.

Myself, I have had great luck using Fukken Wax (mods, it's a brand name, not a swear) to get pretty much anything from scratches, bird poop stains, that plastic crap left by my son ramming his toys into my car, etc. Not just for that stuff, it is literally the easiest, and fastest wash and wax you can do. Unless you are going for pro results, it turns out really good for a monthly/bi-weekly/weekly wax.
Oct 17, 2013
583 posts
36 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Just needs to be buffed out with good wax.

Myself, I have had great luck using Fukken Wax (mods, it's a brand name, not a swear) to get pretty much anything from scratches, bird poop stains, that plastic crap left by my son ramming his toys into my car, etc. Not just for that stuff, it is literally the easiest, and fastest wash and wax you can do. Unless you are going for pro results, it turns out really good for a monthly/bi-weekly/weekly wax.
I think I will be waiting for the purple spray to arrive on monday before doing any more rubbing with the toothpaste.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11164 upvotes
oneseasonleft wrote: I think I will be waiting for the purple spray to arrive on monday before doing any more rubbing with the toothpaste.
Probably a good idea. I wasn't suggesting you should use more toothpaste though.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
6567 posts
4487 upvotes
Toronto
oneseasonleft wrote: I think I will be waiting for the purple spray to arrive on monday before doing any more rubbing with the toothpaste.
Bet you're just itching to post pictures of the process aren't you PackardBell?
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A

price error
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Why don't you try the wax since you have it handy?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2049 posts
880 upvotes
Ontario
BeaverLiquor wrote: Bet you're just itching to post pictures of the process aren't you PackardBell?
Sigh...we have to wait till next week.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
You cannot be serious? You know it damages your paint, yet you want to use more tooth paste?!
oneseasonleft wrote: you are right the area where we used the toothpaste has a matte finish compared to the shiney areas.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
neverhaveiever wrote: You cannot be serious? You know it damages your paint, yet you want to use more tooth paste?!
if toothpaste does not work you can try your VIM and see if that works better for ya.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
I really don't get experimenting w/ 'alternative' remedies. Just try the car wax and see what happens. If it doesn't work, no harm. Some of these other 'solutions' could harm your paint.

I had similar specks and after using carswash liquid, etc, to no effect, wax worked w/ no prbs. I don't think you have to go overboard and spend $$$$ to solve this prb. Anyway...
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
tranquility922 wrote: I really don't get experimenting w/ 'alternative' remedies. Just try the car wax and see what happens. If it doesn't work, no harm. Some of these other 'solutions' could harm your paint.

I had similar specks and after using carswash liquid, etc, to no effect, wax worked w/ no prbs. I don't think you have to go overboard and spend $$$$ to solve this prb. Anyway...
reminds me of the cost of wisdom tooth removal thread, some people are so so cheap with their cheapness on rfd.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
nomdesplumes wrote: CLR like some other member was sayin'
nomdesplumes wrote: reminds me of the cost of wisdom tooth removal thread, some people are so so cheap with their cheapness on rfd.
nomdesplumes wrote: if toothpaste does not work you can try your VIM and see if that works better for ya.

:facepalm: stop, just stop.

seriously. stop giving such bad advice you could cause permanent and devastating damage.