How to remove this tap

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2018 8:13 pm
[OP]
Jul 5, 2004
23197 posts
2790 upvotes

How to remove this tap

Renovating my bathroom but I'm stuck. I can't get this tap off. There's absolutely no holes that screws are in. There's nothing to pop off to access screws underneath. It's one whole piece. I've tried pulling as hard as I could as well as twisting in both directions.

The holes you see are where screws were to hold on the decorative piece. I've already removed those, but without getting the handle off, I'm stuck.

3 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3624 posts
2770 upvotes
Toronto
Usually, there is a small set screw under where you place your hand on the handle. Unscrew the set screw, then the handle comes off, then you can access the cartridge, etc. Sometimes the set screw is covered by a small cover.

Typical:

Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
3868 posts
1218 upvotes
This is a moen posi temp faucet. The set screw is underneath the handle. Do not twist or try and pry as you could damage the cartridge.
You will require a 7/64 Allen key to remove the set screw
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Jul 5, 2004
23197 posts
2790 upvotes
Figured it out. The installer/previous owner filled the hole with epoxy of some kind and it looked identical to the rest of the handle. It was very hard to see where the hole is. Had to dig it out with a nail file.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)