• Oct 15th, 2017 2:10 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2011
1676 posts
1475 upvotes
Toronto
Rothesay wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 8:41 am
Even though, Wynne's came out with these poorly thought out public policies (housing, hydro, minimum wage, etc) that will hurt Ontario's economy for years to come, the real sad part is with the very underwhelming performance of Patrick Brown so far, I would not be surprise if she wins another term.
I really don't understand how the other parties can't capitalize on all these inept policies. What are you even in politics for if you can't hammer your opponent on mistakes.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2011
1676 posts
1475 upvotes
Toronto
https://news.ontario.ca/mho/en/2017/9/o ... aster.html

Ontario is increasing access to rental and affordable housing by launching a new team to help streamline the development process and tackle some of the challenges that prevent housing projects from being built.

Over the coming months, the Housing Delivery Group will work with individual developers, municipalities and other organizations to reduce barriers for specific housing projects that meet the needs of local communities. The team will help all parties work together and overcome challenges that prevent new homes from being built.

The team will be led by Provincial Land and Development Facilitator Paula Dill. An experienced urban planner, she has been able to successfully resolve a range of complex, multi-jurisdictional issues.

Establishing the Housing Delivery Group is part of the Fair Housing Plan, a set of 16 comprehensive measures that will help more people find a home that suits their budget, while bringing stability to the real estate market and protecting homeowners' investments.

Making housing more affordable is part of our plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
4719 posts
2748 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
rjg4235 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 4:18 pm
https://news.ontario.ca/mho/en/2017/9/o ... aster.html

Ontario is increasing access to rental and affordable housing by launching a new team to help streamline the development process and tackle some of the challenges that prevent housing projects from being built.

Over the coming months, the Housing Delivery Group will work with individual developers, municipalities and other organizations to reduce barriers for specific housing projects that meet the needs of local communities. The team will help all parties work together and overcome challenges that prevent new homes from being built.

The team will be led by Provincial Land and Development Facilitator Paula Dill. An experienced urban planner, she has been able to successfully resolve a range of complex, multi-jurisdictional issues.

Establishing the Housing Delivery Group is part of the Fair Housing Plan, a set of 16 comprehensive measures that will help more people find a home that suits their budget, while bringing stability to the real estate market and protecting homeowners' investments.

Making housing more affordable is part of our plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.
Typical right after implementing polices that had a direct and immediate negative impact on purpose built rental projects....she shrugs her shoulders...let's set up a task force of cronies while the market continues to smoulder.
Apr 17, 2017
3 posts
Toronto is the business city of not only Canada but also of the world. It is progressive in every sector of business, economy, sports, art, and culture. The demand for rental apartments is increasing every day. So the charges are also increasing. But I do not have idea about behavior of landlord but are you searching rental apartment or something from any website?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9419 posts
1184 upvotes
Toronto
cartfan123 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 7:41 am
Typical right after implementing polices that had a direct and immediate negative impact on purpose built rental projects....she shrugs her shoulders...let's set up a task force of cronies while the market continues to smoulder.
Developers are just going to laugh at this as they cancel their projects.
Jun 15, 2017
263 posts
118 upvotes
Rent price is 46% of gross??
Its like above eligible TDS
Not good
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4364 posts
2115 upvotes
In other parts of the world in major cities generally people need roommates to afford rent.

If you dont want a roomie consider getting a place outside of Toronto like Mississauga, etc where rent is cheaper... if you want downtown or even midtown, get ready to pay the pied piper...
Jun 15, 2017
263 posts
118 upvotes
Sanyo wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:09 pm
In other parts of the world in major cities generally people need roommates to afford rent.

If you dont want a roomie consider getting a place outside of Toronto like Mississauga, etc where rent is cheaper... if you want downtown or even midtown, get ready to pay the pied piper...
How much is a one BR in mississauga?
In downtown its around $2000
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4364 posts
2115 upvotes
Lavaris wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:14 pm
How much is a one BR in mississauga?
In downtown its around $2000
Around $1300-$1500 in the Square one area. Some older apartments you can get 2 beds or even 3 beds for $1500....its a matter of circumstances. people just want fancy looking condos/apts for peanuts... doesn't work that way... top units or top locations = top dollar.
Jun 15, 2017
263 posts
118 upvotes
Sanyo wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:26 pm
Around $1300-$1500 in the Square one area. Some older apartments you can get 2 beds or even 3 beds for $1500....its a matter of circumstances. people just want fancy looking condos/apts for peanuts... doesn't work that way... top units or top locations = top dollar.
I checked around Sq one and found cheapest is 1600 and prince of wales condos and brick stone are around 1750-1900
And one plus den is around 1850 plus
Therre are hardlt 7 1 BR units... too low inventory

If i have to pay 1800 plus for a one BR and if i work kn downtown toronto...
I would use transit fee to pay premium for downtown condo and save 2-3 hrs per day commute
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
6032 posts
2145 upvotes
Toronto
Lavaris wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:34 pm
I checked around Sq one and found cheapest is 1600 and prince of wales condos and brick stone are around 1750-1900
And one plus den is around 1850 plus
Therre are hardlt 7 1 BR units... too low inventory

If i have to pay 1800 plus for a one BR and if i work kn downtown toronto...
I would use transit fee to pay premium for downtown condo and save 2-3 hrs per day commute
that's how it works man... like i dont get it... they want to live down town but don't think demand is high? not sure how governemtn is goign to rescue people... we going to build communist condos soon.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4364 posts
2115 upvotes
daivey wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 11:48 pm
that's how it works man... like i dont get it... they want to live down town but don't think demand is high? not sure how governemtn is goign to rescue people... we going to build communist condos soon.
No one wants to live downtown toronto daivey... no one. its a crap hole, everyone get out so ME ME ME can get a rental for $500 a month in a top notch south facing rental unit... ooo ooo and I wanna be neighbours with Kyle Lowry... oo ooo and and I wanna be near all the action... but everyone get out... I want cheap rent... i deserve it it's all about me me me!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9419 posts
1184 upvotes
Toronto
Sanyo wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 11:58 pm
No one wants to live downtown toronto daivey... no one. its a crap hole, everyone get out so ME ME ME can get a rental for $500 a month in a top notch south facing rental unit... ooo ooo and I wanna be neighbours with Kyle Lowry... oo ooo and and I wanna be near all the action... but everyone get out... I want cheap rent... i deserve it it's all about me me me!
Seriously! There's plenty of examples of that "I love this city... it's got my job, i can walk to work, walk everywhere, uber home in no problem, all the great bars and shops are close by... I can't imagine living anywhere else. Why would you? But what the heck is up with this expensive rent?! I can't even move anywhere now because it's gotten way beyond what it should be (what I'm paying). Get out people.. shoo shoo.. don't you know this is only meant for me? me me!