• Apr 27th, 2011 9:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2003
4466 posts
4 upvotes

How to repair/hide cigarette burn?

Any suggestions on how to repair/hide a cigarette burn? Do car detailing places fix this? if so, how much?

I let my brother borrow my car and he was trying to ash out of the sunroof but missed, and burnt a small hole in the cloth. :mad:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2797 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
yea cigarette burns are brutal...im interested in how to get these out too...might be hard though
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4150 posts
151 upvotes
North York
If your brother was smart he'd not smoke in YOUR car or at least ash out the window
Korean girlfriends? Learn to Google? Save money?
What RFD can do for you?

If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2003
4466 posts
4 upvotes
JAGpilot wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2007 2:44 pm
If your brother was smart he'd not smoke in YOUR car or at least ash out the window
Yeah i know. I specifically instructed him NOT to smoke in my car while I was away. :mad:
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19880 posts
1515 upvotes
A burn of any kind usually permanently destroys material/fabric. Therefore you either need to hide it somehow or replace that entire peice of material. You can't really fix it properly per se, but you may be able to hide it...

How you'd do that is all dependent on what's burned, how bad it is, what kind of material it is, etc--i.e. your particular situation.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2003
3701 posts
139 upvotes
It can be fixed! I worked at a car dealership, last year while attending school and they had a guy come around once in a while to do interior repairs.

He could make cigarette burns disappear. Could not even tell where they used to be. He could also fix cuts in leather cloth, etc. Amazing...could not even tell where the damage used to be.

I do not know how he did it, but it can be fixed.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
2796 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ronny1980 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2007 2:31 pm
I let my brother borrow my car and he was trying to ash out of the sunroof but missed, and burnt a small hole in the cloth.
Where is the burn hole, headliner or seat?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2003
4466 posts
4 upvotes
Whitedart wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2007 6:36 pm
Where is the burn hole, headliner or seat?
headliner.. grey cloth.
Feb 11, 2007
567 posts
I would like to know as well.. there was a mechanic that could hide cigarette burns using some sort of a chemical, but they went out of business and I couldn't get all of them fixed. I know there must be someone out there who can do this!
Oct 31, 2002
996 posts
30 upvotes
Waterloo
Giving this a bump cause I'd like to know too! :)
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10230 posts
3087 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
I hope your brother will be paying for the repair.
Nov 9, 2003
58 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary
bump, this just happened to me aswell not in the headliner but on the rear seat. Anyone figure out how this can be repaired?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15753 posts
1242 upvotes
GTA West
ES_Revenge wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2007 2:50 pm
A burn of any kind usually permanently destroys material/fabric. Therefore you either need to hide it somehow or replace that entire peice of material. You can't really fix it properly per se, but you may be able to hide it...
There are guys who fix this stuff. I bought a used car from a dealership and they said the guy charged $250 to repair one burn in the fabric seat. If you look closely you can see the spot, but it's not really that noticeable.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Nov 9, 2003
58 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Oct 12th, 2008 7:35 pm
There are guys who fix this stuff. I bought a used car from a dealership and they said the guy charged $250 to repair one burn in the fabric seat. If you look closely you can see the spot, but it's not really that noticeable.
$250 damn thats steep..
× < >