• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2018 9:52 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2005
2155 posts
212 upvotes
Not sure if anyone mentioned that their online price may be higher than warehouse.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
charger wrote: As you are all aware, costco does not take visa or mastercard at their warehouses. This is a drag on people who take advantage of Visa and mastercard reward programs (Like the 5% cashback mastercard for instance).

Here's the thing, Costco warehouses do not accept these cards, but costco.ca does! So you can buy anything from costco.ca with these cards.

But now you are saying "But charger, I want to buy something in the warehouse that isn't online."
Well you are in luck here as well, because Costco.ca sells costco cash cards which can be bought here
http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Browse/Produ ... rowse=&s=1

So now you can buy anything at costco no matter how you pay for it.
Man I'm not as interested in Costco as I am about this 5% cashback Mastercard. Where the heck can you get one of those? The most I have ever seen for a general-cashback rate is 1-2%.
May 7, 2005
333 posts
56 upvotes
Oakville
brunes wrote: Man I'm not as interested in Costco as I am about this 5% cashback Mastercard. Where the heck can you get one of those? The most I have ever seen for a general-cashback rate is 1-2%.
The 5% one has been put to sleep just early this month. ;)
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1546 upvotes
Brampton
iExcel wrote: The 5% one has been put to sleep just early this month. ;)
Very sad time indeed> :( ...I saved $6,000 just by using this card @ 5% cashback reward...I will miss it :cry:
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
1328 posts
294 upvotes
Kanata
patrob wrote: Very sad time indeed> :( ...I saved $6,000 just by using this card @ 5% cashback reward...I will miss it :cry:
Wow how did you spend $120,000 a year on a cc? did you buy a car or what?.. :D

So for members, there shouldn't be any hassle checking out using gift cards right? i.e. all those above mentioned scenarios (calling manager, punching 000...) will not apply?
May 7, 2005
333 posts
56 upvotes
Oakville
marklin wrote: So for members, there shouldn't be any hassle checking out using gift cards right? i.e. all those above mentioned scenarios (calling manager, punching 000...) will not apply?
no problem for me to use only gift cards or gift cards with AMEX at checkout.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5785 posts
810 upvotes
marklin wrote: Wow how did you spend $120,000 a year on a cc? did you buy a car or what?.. :D

So for members, there shouldn't be any hassle checking out using gift cards right? i.e. all those above mentioned scenarios (calling manager, punching 000...) will not apply?
For members no problem. They don't mind scanning more than 1 card and you can pay the remaining balance with AMEX/Interac if you like as well.

For non-members I believe it is strictly cash only for the balance after the gift card.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12700 posts
15951 upvotes
akt921 wrote: Not sure if anyone mentioned that their online price may be higher than warehouse.
Because delivery is included in the on-line price. In-store is cash and carry.

Shopping at Costco with cash cards is a big hassle because they always need a supervisors code to ring it up. While waiting, the customer holds up everyone on the line.
Have a nice day!

Jul 29, 2007
11 posts
Canada
Anessa wrote: Yes, they do accept debit.
Is there any way one can pay by debit on costco.ca?
Oct 10, 2006
929 posts
89 upvotes
Halifax
Clueless1 wrote: Is there any way one can pay by debit on costco.ca?

I'm not aware of any site you can use your debit card for purchases.

~C
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1546 upvotes
Brampton
marklin wrote: Wow how did you spend $120,000 a year on a cc? did you buy a car or what?.. :D
:lol: :lol: If I did it would have been an M5 ;)

We bought a new house & all my builder upgrades, my new kitchen cabinets, all my appliances, plus other stuff was all paid for with MC... :twisted:

Was a nice 5% off discount...was good timing when the card came out...Too bad it's dead now...> :( :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5785 posts
810 upvotes
Crowbarfoot wrote: I'm not aware of any site you can use your debit card for purchases.

~C
There is a new service called Interac Online. Currently only available to RBC/Scotia/TD Customers, BMO is coming soon.
Interac Online is an exciting payment option that
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12700 posts
15951 upvotes
Why not get an American Express credit card if you want to charge your purchase? The American Express Card is easy to get.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4374 posts
210 upvotes
May be useful to some:

I called costco today and found out you can use Costco Cash Cards bought in Canada in the US. They will automatically convert to that days exchange rate (not sure what rate they use, but its probably a couple cents lower than the actual exchange rate). You'll probably get a better rate than if you used interact.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1230 posts
582 upvotes
Vancouver
i order a cash card online today and what do i need when i activate my card?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)