None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto

how to spot a fake burberry polo shirt

hey, anyone know the differences between a real burberry polo shirt and a fake one?
40 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7232 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
check on their official site, but as far as i remember, it should be 3 stripes horizontally, and 3 stripes diagonally, but someone can correct me on that
Mar 26, 2006
380 posts
Toronto
what do you want to know?

i have one in my closet that was bought just a few days ago
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
the things i want to know are do the buttons say burberry? are there four holes in the botton and are they cross stitched?

what do the tag on the back of the neck look like? the one i found has burberry london on it.

where are they made? some in England and others in China?

is there a replacement button on the bottom right inside of the shirt?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1386 posts
13 upvotes
I see so many chinese poeple (even kids) with burberry jackets :lol: (or LV purses)

especially old chinese women on the subway to chinatown... funny thing is, everything else they wear is pure garbage.

maybe they saved money from buying garbage to buy the real thing, but they might as well improve overall image than just have 1 authentic item... cuz they raise some eyebrows whether they're fake or not (most likely fake).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9807 posts
1212 upvotes
How did you find this. lol.

I'll do a comparison later when I have time. I bought a fake in HK just for the purpose of comparison. =P
Feb 24, 2005
98 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
yuwing8 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2006 8:15 am
I see so many chinese poeple (even kids) with burberry jackets :lol: (or LV purses)

especially old chinese women on the subway to chinatown... funny thing is, everything else they wear is pure garbage.

maybe they saved money from buying garbage to buy the real thing, but they might as well improve overall image than just have 1 authentic item... cuz they raise some eyebrows whether they're fake or not (most likely fake).

Anyone who has bought one authentic thing probably can't afford to buy anything else! Nice clothes are expensive!

The other day my friend mentioned that going out and buying a complete Chanel outfit would ruin someone's life!
Mar 26, 2006
380 posts
Toronto
peppy5 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2006 5:09 am
the things i want to know are do the buttons say burberry?
yes
peppy5 wrote:
are there four holes in the botton and are they cross stitched?
not sure what you mean by this
peppy5 wrote:
what do the tag on the back of the neck look like? the one i found has burberry london on it.

mine says "burberry london" as well
peppy5 wrote:
where are they made? some in England and others in China?
mine says "made in great britain"
peppy5 wrote:
is there a replacement button on the bottom right inside of the shirt?
yes
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7232 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
i went to a burberry outlet in summer and their polo's state made in china, which is why i didnt bother payin for them

so to confirm, there are burberry polo's made in china
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4559 posts
1690 upvotes
Markham
I was tempted to buy some in China.

Since I couldn't tell in Shanghai, I was pretty sure the ones they were selling were fake. If they had all the colours and every size, it wouldn't seem like over production run off. I thought inside where the neck buttons would be the burberry pattern but that could be just one style. In either case, $7 cdn each is hard to ignore even as regular polos. Tourist price was like $15-$25 depending on bargaining.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
40592 posts
4369 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
tallgirl888 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2006 2:06 pm
Anyone who has bought one authentic thing probably can't afford to buy anything else! Nice clothes are expensive!

The other day my friend mentioned that going out and buying a complete Chanel outfit would ruin someone's life!
yah exactly... its pretty crazy...
imagine some dude..
la cost polo $98
some of those designer jeans $300
some alligator shoes $300
thats $800w/ tax....
even someone working a moddest living $22/hr would have to use up a weeks salary to buy this.
:-0
Aug 24, 2005
774 posts
18 upvotes
The key is to know where to shop.

Outlet centers are great.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2039 posts
3 upvotes
Replica I can live with. something thats the same style but with out the name or logo.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Nov 21, 2004
761 posts
1 upvote
tallgirl888 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2006 2:06 pm
Anyone who has bought one authentic thing probably can't afford to buy anything else!!
Sorry, but what are you, 12?
:rolleyes: