None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7036 posts
89 upvotes
Nepean
tallgirl888 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2006 2:06 pm
Anyone who has bought one authentic thing probably can't afford to buy anything else! Nice clothes are expensive!

The other day my friend mentioned that going out and buying a complete Chanel outfit would ruin someone's life!
eh clearly you haven't met enough people. Nice clothing are expensive for a reason
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
can someone post pics of a fake burberry polo and a real burberry polo? side by side pics would be great of the details that can tell them apart
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
23 upvotes
And some Burburry stuff is made in Romania...it's the world of economic globalization out there.
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9802 posts
1210 upvotes
peppy5 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2006 11:49 am
can someone post pics of a fake burberry polo and a real burberry polo? side by side pics would be great of the details that can tell them apart
When I get home and don't feel like a lazy bum, I'll post some side by side pics for you.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2039 posts
3 upvotes
some times you can just tell by looking at the person wearing it.

:lol:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Dec 29, 2005
146 posts
Mississauga
I used to work for Burberry Asia so maybe I can answer some of your questions.

Smoke is right on everything and here is the question s/he don't know the answer:
[quote="peppy5" post_id="4003141" time="1160557761" user_id="11057"]the things i want to know are do the buttons say burberry? are there four holes in the botton and are they cross stitched?
QUOTE]

The buttons are all cross stitched

Burberry only has the "Burburry London" label. In Japan, they do have "Burberry Blue Label" but only for sale in Japan. Also, the runway collection which is the most expensive collection is called "Burberry Prorsum". If the polo shirt is made in China, it doesn't mean it is fake because Burberry has a lot of things which are made in China now and I believe it will be more and more. Also, there are some polo tees may be what we call "Asia made" which means it is designed and made at Far East rather than design in UK. It mostly appear on polo tees.

If you can buy a Burberry tee at $10 or 20, then it should be fake for sure.
Nov 28, 2005
163 posts
I have a new Burberry Polo that I'm looking to get rid of. I bought it at Channers in London and it's 100% Authentic "made in great britain". The polo is a size large and it's light blue in color. PM me with offers.
Aug 27, 2005
655 posts
33 upvotes
I posted a long time ago about the sad truth that the Burberry & LV crap was coming to Canada...

All of you.... please do yourself a favour and search "Chav" on Google before becoming a fashion parody....

FYI - don't go buying fake fcuk hoodies either....

People... please... get some taste!!! :rolleyes:
There is nothing worse than following a fashion mistake from another country two years after it was all the craze!

Canada...you did it in the 80's ....please don't do it again in the new millenium!!!!!

I am honestly embarrassed for you! Please have the good sense to be embarrassed for yourselves!!!!!!!
I'm not MEAN!....I'm just careful... ;)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
i've seen a burberry polo with 3 buttons and a flap that covers the buttons. did burberry ever do this?
Dec 29, 2005
146 posts
Mississauga
peppy5 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2006 4:11 am
i've seen a burberry polo with 3 buttons and a flap that covers the buttons. did burberry ever do this?
Yes, they do.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5273 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Also check the location of the knight... it should have proper placement. I'm not sure exactly where cuz I'm too lazy to look at mine but yea I'm sure u can find pics of it and compare urs. I have one that is made in great britain which I bought a couple years back and I have 1 that I bought recently and it's made in portugal. Bought the black 1 I had from harry rosen and the red 1 from the burberry outlet in woodbury.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3395 posts
8 upvotes
If you have doubts that its fake, don't buy it, and go buy it online at a known authentic store or go to a B&M store that you know sells real.
:mad: :lol:
Feb 24, 2008
5 posts
Toronto
I don't know any places that sells 100% authentic brand name clothing..(except nikey and adidas and all those brands, FOOTLOCKER) can you tell me some places? thank you
Jun 27, 2007
244 posts
17 upvotes
I guess I would thrust the authencity of clothing from holt renfrew.
Still, the quality of the burberry polo, in therm of tissue and workship, seem's to be under the average of most of the polo in those price.