How to Spot a Fake Lacoste?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2010 10:43 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 31, 2002
59 posts
4 upvotes
I notice a thing on [rfdlink=autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] about the "supposed" real lacoste, it has the lacoste tag made in peru and everything, but almost all the real shirt sold is the Tall version. Even if I over 6 feet, I consider it too long. It's a good fit for people over 6"2 I think. It some of the overstock that they can't sold I think.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
ktan09 wrote:I took some time to look at the differences in a real and fake Lacoste and some ways to tell if they are fake. I bought one from Holt Renfrew and one that I knew was fake off

How well can you spot fake RL Polo's?

Those seem more popular 'round here.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
2015 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the info, not that I could afford a real one.
Deal Expert
Mar 24, 2005
15345 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
me! wrote:How well can you spot fake RL Polo's?

Those seem more popular 'round here.
Not for me, Its all Lacoste in my area, RL is budget but I live in Thornhill supposedly "One of the Top 5 Richest Areas in Ontario"
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
ktan09 wrote:Not for me, Its all Lacoste in my area, RL is budget but I live in Thornhill supposedly "One of the Top 5 Richest Areas in Ontario"
ooooooh. aren't we smug ;)
Aug 27, 2004
924 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
wow, I'm glad Canadians spend so much of their brain power on things that matter.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
7 upvotes
ktan09 wrote:Fashion is a big part in North American lives, this should help all those that did not know how to tell a fake.
I think you missed the bigger picture.
Buying fakes encourages the underground economy, which fuels many illicit activities such as the laundering of drug money to even more sinister terrorism activities.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2002
3855 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
You rock. Thanks a lot for your post! :)
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1584 posts
104 upvotes
ktan09 wrote:Not for me, Its all Lacoste in my area, RL is budget but I live in Thornhill supposedly "One of the Top 5 Richest Areas in Ontario"
very pretentious
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
2740 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary
im sorry if i am crapping.. pm me if i am. if i am then i will take it off.. anyway

since you are showing us the difference between the fake and the real. you say that the lacoste shirt your selling is real. how come there is no tag on it??
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/kt ... G_1327.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/kt ... G_1303.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1584 posts
104 upvotes
what the poster forgot to mention is that sometimes the info tag is on the side seam.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
2740 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary
ok, so they could also be located on the sides and still be authentic.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1584 posts
104 upvotes
Patrick wrote:ok, so they could also be located on the sides and still be authentic.
the "lacoste" tag is always on the collar, the "made in" tag could be behind the lacoste tag or on the side. i tend to steer away from lacoste if its not made in france

Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
I have a couple of these long sleved dress shirts. Bought them at the Bay or somehwhere like that so I know they're legit but...

Can someone explain to me why Lacoste is considered so valuable to pirate? I like the shirts, which is why I bought them, however I also like some shirts I've picked up at Liquidation World, The Bargain Shop, Bi-Ways et al just as much.

Honestly I don't get it - is it just a brand thing?
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)