Fashion & Apparel

How to spot fake Lacoste bag?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2009 4:23 pm
Jun 27, 2008
24 posts
GTA, ON, Canada

How to spot fake Lacoste bag?

I've started this thread because I'm hoping that someone will kindly help me and shed light on this issue.

I've read a lot of articles on fake Lacoste shirts, but not bags, so other than the croc logo, I'm lost as to how to tell the authenticity of a Lacoste bag.

Help please!! Thanks!
16 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2008
2292 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga
Buy at an authorized Lacoste Retail Store.

You might be able to purchase it cheaper from the back of an Harry Rosen's truck, but whats the point if you feel insecure if its real or not, by buying at an authorized Lacoste store, you get the real thing.
Jul 22, 2009
83 posts
1 upvote
GTA
If there is absolutely any doubt in your mind about authenticity, just spend the extra money and buy it from an official retailer... Trust me, it's worth the extra money for the peace at mind
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
5722 posts
508 upvotes
Yeah, the only way to be sure is to buy it from an authorized retailer. But of course people just can't resist the big discount they can get by going through other channels.
[OP]
Jun 27, 2008
24 posts
GTA, ON, Canada
i saw lacoste bags at svp sports outlet, and i was really tempted to buy. it looks to be pretty good quality, but i just don't know how they can be selling at a much cheaper price. so yeah, i'd probably go to a lacoste retailer so i won't have to worry about all that.
Jul 18, 2009
57 posts
Ontario
reiyana777 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2009 12:13 am
i saw lacoste bags at svp sports outlet, and i was really tempted to buy. it looks to be pretty good quality, but i just don't know how they can be selling at a much cheaper price. so yeah, i'd probably go to a lacoste retailer so i won't have to worry about all that.
SVP or any other retailer wouldn't sell fake Lacoste clothes.
[OP]
Jun 27, 2008
24 posts
GTA, ON, Canada
-Paradigm- wrote:SVP or any other retailer wouldn't sell fake Lacoste clothes.
really? thanks for letting me know!
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2009
1432 posts
31 upvotes
If you show pictures, one of us might be able to help.

I usually look at the zipper/buckle if there are any. Fake bags usually have cheap looking zippers.
Jul 7, 2008
128 posts
i say who gives a ****

we all know you arent buying it for quality but vanity and you likely will get a new one before it wears out/breaks anyways. If you cant tell on a close inspection that the quality isn't great just buy it.

"piece of mind" is lame, are you that insecure?
[OP]
Jun 27, 2008
24 posts
GTA, ON, Canada
applecheeks wrote:
Jul 24th, 2009 7:35 am
If you show pictures, one of us might be able to help.

I usually look at the zipper/buckle if there are any. Fake bags usually have cheap looking zippers.
well i don't have a close-up photo, i doubt that the store would allow me to take pictures of their items.

but the one i want is called New Classic Horizontal Shopping Bag.
Banned
Jun 10, 2009
98 posts
North York
personally as long as you buy it froma reputable place (svp for example) or actual Lacoste store/site it should be 99.99% authentic
just dont be getting any lacoste from china town or something :lol:
Get Real. Be rational
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Get Real. Be rational
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

For which the driver replies "I'm Subramaniam, Bala Subramaniam. Balls to you..."
[OP]
Jun 27, 2008
24 posts
GTA, ON, Canada
anujfootmenfrenzy wrote:
Jul 24th, 2009 9:25 am
personally as long as you buy it froma reputable place (svp for example) or actual Lacoste store/site it should be 99.99% authentic
just dont be getting any lacoste from china town or something :lol:
LOL so true.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4042 posts
142 upvotes
vipon wrote:
Jul 24th, 2009 8:23 am
i say who gives a ****

we all know you arent buying it for quality but vanity and you likely will get a new one before it wears out/breaks anyways. If you cant tell on a close inspection that the quality isn't great just buy it.

"piece of mind" is lame, are you that insecure?
+1.

"peace of mind".....lol, its a bag for pete's sake.
× < >