Entrepreneurship & Small Business

how to start a clothing online business ?(any advice about different areas of the business can help)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2018 11:20 am
[OP]
Nov 4, 2018
4 posts
Barrie, ON

how to start a clothing online business ?(any advice about different areas of the business can help)

Hi, I want to start a new clothing brand and selling them online Any advice can help specially on manufacturing.
Last edited by Rounak on Nov 7th, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
7 replies
Apr 13, 2005
367 posts
176 upvotes
Why do you want to start a clothing business?
Based on the advice you're looking for, it seems you're not familiar with the business.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12693 posts
3114 upvotes
Here 'n There
Rounak wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 11:40 pm
Hi, I want to start a new clothing brand and selling them online can I get some advice about sampling, manufacturing and Marketing side of the business?
In other words, "Can someone please create my business plan and business for me?"

You might want to discover the google and do the research and work it takes to create a business. Don't expect others to do it for you.
[OP]
Nov 4, 2018
4 posts
Barrie, ON
I have a fashion industry experience but not online, and I'm just seeking some advice.
[OP]
Nov 4, 2018
4 posts
Barrie, ON
Thanks for your help I defiantly keep that in mind, in other Words" I obviously don't want anyone to do the work for me I simply want others ADVICE about starting up an online clothing business"
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
3964 posts
1248 upvotes
Calgary
Create a brand, design your clothes or pay someone to design, sign with a clothes manufacturer such as the link below (random ad), get a business license and insurance, sign with a website with card processing option, build SEO on the site or pay someone to do it for you, start marketing and pay for advertising.

Note how every single one of those are expenses, you are already running at well over a few thousand in start up expenses and you have not sold a shirt yet? You need a business plan, no one here can do that for you.

A simple google search for clothing manufacturer got some info. How would you be able to run a business if you have not even attempted a bit of research?

https://solutions.intrepidsourcing.com/ ... LcQAvD_BwE
[OP]
Nov 4, 2018
4 posts
Barrie, ON
I have done a lot of research but I want to hear peoples tips and experience, things you might not be able to find online.
Thx anyway
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6205 posts
778 upvotes
Toronto
Clothing is very competitive. Unless you have some kind of angle or advantage, it will be a tough slog.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)