Entrepreneurship & Small Business

How succesful would it be to open a gun store in toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2011 7:19 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 5, 2010
107 posts
9 upvotes
Burlington
I am against guns, would make Canada 100% gun free (hand guns, automatic guns) if I could. However, I would support gun ranges as private, regulated and controlled business. There will always be a people who like to fire guns so give them what they want. Go, pay, shoot gun whole day but walk away with none. Range owner should actually encourage police to drop by at any time to check things out. Would make everything run safer and smoother.

I often go to Florida and many times go to local gun range. It's called Take Aim in Sarasota. There is a selection of 20-30 handguns you can rent for 15 buck. Lane rental is 15 bucks, box of ammo is 20 bucks, some targets about 2 dollars each. So two people go there, pay about 80-100 bucks and have a lot of fun for hour - hour and half. There are young people, girls, women, older fellows and everybody leaves happy. That shop not only rents but also sells guns but i would take out that component in Canada.

Similar is with street races. Kids like to race around in fast, modified cars. We know that is against a law, but would be perfectly all right to rent them racing track and let them spin the wheels all they want in controled enclosed environment.

So sell guns big NO, rent them on range YES and profitable.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 8, 2009
4006 posts
125 upvotes
markopas wrote:
Apr 6th, 2011 6:05 pm
Read your own quote.. it works well in AMERICA and the last time I checked we weren't that.

Why don't you go visit a few guns stores and ask them how things are working out for them, I would assume they are doing alright but wouldn't make a difference if you were located in the outskirts or within the city.

Why don't you open up your shop across the border, I sure business would be bangin' :twisted:

Non citizen's can't own guns in usa, need to be at least a pr.

Besides most things that work well in AMERICA as you put it work well in Canada. Go to a mall and you will see more American stores and you will be lucky to find more than 5 canadian ones. If you really believe that starting a business that works well in America should never be started in Canada then 98% of businesses in Canada would not exist.

Nah, us gun business is a bit crowded, it is not as profitable as having the only gun business in a city of 2-3 million people. But good advice, I could ask around and do some research.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 8, 2009
4006 posts
125 upvotes
Bf2fighter wrote:
Apr 6th, 2011 8:48 pm
I am against guns, would make Canada 100% gun free (hand guns, automatic guns) if I could. However, I would support gun ranges as private, regulated and controlled business. There will always be a people who like to fire guns so give them what they want. Go, pay, shoot gun whole day but walk away with none. Range owner should actually encourage police to drop by at any time to check things out. Would make everything run safer and smoother.
I am against gun control, I would give every canadian a gun or the right to have a gun if I could. I do not support any gun control except restricting mental people from having them. In fact I think it is your right to self defense to have a gun. Police should not have any access to information about who has a gun or who does not have a gun because that goes against privacy rights. People have the right not to be treated like criminals. Besides if we let only police and criminals have guns then what kind of society will we have, I'll tell you, a police state and a criminal state. I believe most people are fundamentally good and therefore can be trusted with guns. Although maybe a small % of people may be psychotic and use guns to shoot people, the reality is that Canada shares a border with the largest weapons producer in the world so banning guns is a fantasy. Besides since most people are good and we agree there are psychos out there, then there is nothing wrong with having a gun to shoot a deranged lunatic who may have a gun (ie. if people at columbine high school had guns, those shooters would be dead and more students would be alive).

Bf2fighter wrote:
I often go to Florida and many times go to local gun range. It's called Take Aim in Sarasota. There is a selection of 20-30 handguns you can rent for 15 buck. Lane rental is 15 bucks, box of ammo is 20 bucks, some targets about 2 dollars each. So two people go there, pay about 80-100 bucks and have a lot of fun for hour - hour and half. There are young people, girls, women, older fellows and everybody leaves happy. That shop not only rents but also sells guns but i would take out that component in Canada.
Nope, everyone has a right to guns, taking away this right infringes on liberty and freedom of canadians. Now the government of Canada thinks they are in a position to tell grown law abiding adults what is good and bad for them, the government ought to get its own house in order and stop killing people in foreign countries, torturing its own citizens in syria, or in toronto like the cop who broke the suspects arm, or brutalizing its own citizens in the g20. Guns are not a problem in our society, it is not even in the top 100.
Bf2fighter wrote:
Similar is with street races. Kids like to race around in fast, modified cars. We know that is against a law, but would be perfectly all right to rent them racing track and let them spin the wheels all they want in controled enclosed environment.

So sell guns big NO, rent them on range YES and profitable.

Nope, sell guns, everyone has a right to self defense and freedom.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30077 posts
4786 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
jungeon wrote:
Apr 7th, 2011 4:28 pm
I am against gun control, I would give every canadian a gun or the right to have a gun if I could. I do not support any gun control except restricting mental people from having them. In fact I think it is your right to self defense to have a gun. Police should not have any access to information about who has a gun or who does not have a gun because that goes against privacy rights. People have the right not to be treated like criminals. Besides if we let only police and criminals have guns then what kind of society will we have, I'll tell you, a police state and a criminal state. I believe most people are fundamentally good and therefore can be trusted with guns. Although maybe a small % of people may be psychotic and use guns to shoot people, the reality is that Canada shares a border with the largest weapons producer in the world so banning guns is a fantasy. Besides since most people are good and we agree there are psychos out there, then there is nothing wrong with having a gun to shoot a deranged lunatic who may have a gun (ie. if people at columbine high school had guns, those shooters would be dead and more students would be alive).

The above comment is totally stupid

Canadians have a right to own a gun. We just have better gun control laws. They are not banned

You only need to cross paths with one psycho and it is all over. Because guns are hard to obtain, our casuality rate is almost non existant.

If every kid in Columbine had a gun, the funerals would have lasted weeks. Friendly fire still kills.

I have a simple solution.

Move to the US and open your gun store.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2007
1489 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
jungeon wrote:
Apr 6th, 2011 5:29 pm
guns don't kill people, dummies with guns do.
Heroin also does not kill, the junkies kill themselves. I want my right to sell heroin to your kids.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2766 posts
441 upvotes
slavka012 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2011 6:51 pm
Heroin also does not kill, the junkies kill themselves. I want my right to sell heroin to your kids.

That's some logic you've got there... :facepalm:

I don't see a problem with responsible adults, who have taken the necessary courses and passed the background checks, owning firearms. Most of the shootings in Canada are done with weapons which have been smuggled from the US so it's not like criminals and psychos can't get their hands on guns
Jesus saves, I spend
[OP]
Banned
Jul 8, 2009
4006 posts
125 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Apr 7th, 2011 6:11 pm
The above comment is totally stupid

Canadians have a right to own a gun. We just have better gun control laws. They are not banned

You only need to cross paths with one psycho and it is all over. Because guns are hard to obtain, our casuality rate is almost non existant.

If every kid in Columbine had a gun, the funerals would have lasted weeks. Friendly fire still kills.

I have a simple solution.

Move to the US and open your gun store.

No we have worst gun laws.
No deal I open my gun store in toronto, in jane and finch, jope to see you all there :cheesygri
O yes there would be mass funerals if say a few people had guns at columbine, but when the students knew o the cops who have guns were coming they shot themselves rather than fight to the death. Had someone else pulled a gun and shot back they would have probably ran away when they saw their best friend head get blown away.
Nov 14, 2004
778 posts
147 upvotes
lol

I love how people are responding to this thread as if this guy is serious
Mar 3, 2010
588 posts
42 upvotes
I agree with Bf2fighter, gun free Canada would be the best solution. It is hard to achieve but it is doable. Why would any person need to own the handgun, for what purpose? We have police to protect us against criminals. If there would be automatic 1 year in prison sentence if found gun on somebody's person and + 2-3 years if that person committed a crime you would see people dumping a guns or giving them to police.

That would take out out of control collectionists having 30-50 guns and home. They get homes broken into and piles of guns stolen. Why the hell you need to collect guns? It is deadly weapon. Only police should be authorized to have handgun. I like idea that if you really like and need to handle firearm there should be a gun range, open to public. You pay some money and attend to your hobby, go home happy, nobody gets hurt. Just remember those statistics Michael Moore presented in his movie. In France, Germany where there is a gun control about 50-60 people get killed by firearms in one year, obviously by criminal activity and illegal guns. In the same time about 11000 people get killed in gun free country of USA. How that sounds?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30077 posts
4786 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
dubey wrote:
Apr 8th, 2011 3:41 pm
lol

I love how people are responding to this thread as if this guy is serious

I guess it's time for the troll to crawl back under that bridge.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 8, 2009
4006 posts
125 upvotes
ZackP wrote:
Apr 8th, 2011 4:50 pm
I agree with Bf2fighter, gun free Canada would be the best solution. It is hard to achieve but it is doable. Why would any person need to own the handgun, for what purpose? We have police to protect us against criminals. If there would be automatic 1 year in prison sentence if found gun on somebody's person and + 2-3 years if that person committed a crime you would see people dumping a guns or giving them to police.

That would take out out of control collectionists having 30-50 guns and home. They get homes broken into and piles of guns stolen. Why the hell you need to collect guns? It is deadly weapon. Only police should be authorized to have handgun. I like idea that if you really like and need to handle firearm there should be a gun range, open to public. You pay some money and attend to your hobby, go home happy, nobody gets hurt. Just remember those statistics Michael Moore presented in his movie. In France, Germany where there is a gun control about 50-60 people get killed by firearms in one year, obviously by criminal activity and illegal guns. In the same time about 11000 people get killed in gun free country of USA. How that sounds?
No gun free canada, guns for everyone. People need to own handguns for self defence, it is part of culture, it is part of hunting, and part of sport. The supreme court has ruled the police have no legal responsibility to protect civilians only to investigate crimes after they occur. Despite the famous "to protect and serve" slogan, notice it doesn't say who! It is not civilians. There is nothing in a police officers contract that says they are required to protect civilians. Otherwise police officers who patrol neighbourhoods with out of control crime could be sued for failure to protect citizens. A police officer could know a murderer is in a house and could see a murderer stab a woman to death and wait for the murderer to come out the house and then let him walk free and say that he is investigating the crime, he has no responsbility to stop the stabbing even if he witnesses it. Now a good police man (which many of them are) would likely step in, but many who think I want to go home tonight alive and uninjured wouldn't.

People collect lots of deadly weapons, and according to the court a weapon is any item used to enhance ones natural ability to inflict damage. So a gun is not necessarily a weapon unless it is used as a weapon. So someone using a handgun for sport shooting is not legally speaking using or possessing a weapon. How much people does USA have, how much does france have? US has a homicide rate of 5 per 100,000 France a rate of about 2. Funny though utah has a homicide rate half that of france and they are a state that basically allows anyone to have any gun. Besides you do not talk about how many of those homicides in america are self defense.\

It sounds like America has more freedom than the french and germans to me, any country where the government has all the power is a country where its a matter of time before the government because a dictatorship. Hmm. sarkozy banning head scarves, deporting romas, invading libya, german = hitler; seems to make sense to me. gun control leads to dictatorship.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
It wasnt that long ago when there was about 2 hunting/gun stores right in downtown Toronto, on Yonge St. (north of Wellesley, near the old Gasworks).
I suppose the cost of prime downtown real estate, and a lack of a hunting/gun hobbyist (legal) clientele in downtown forced them to close their doors.

The concept could still work, but I think you'd want to align yourself in an area near where hunters go (maybe set up shop in Vaughan near Bass Pro and try and compete with them) or a range or some other sport shooting area.

Lets try and stay on topic folks, and not deride the OP with political viewpoints on gun laws, as they dont apply here. If you dont like the current legislation, work on your local politician to get it changed. Until then, get over it.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4639 posts
1035 upvotes
Kitchener
open your gun store, you'll be the only one prepared in Toronto when the zombie outbreak happens :lol: