Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
2536 posts
39 upvotes

How to take proper pictures?

Whenever I try to take closeup car pics, i always see my own reflection in the picture. Its really annoying. How do I take pictures without getting an reflection?

Also, is there a way to photoshop out the background that is reflected in the car?

Here is an example pic that i took. The camera used was a Canon Rebel XTi.

[IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... y27238.jpg[/IMG]
Luckyinfil wrote:
May 18th, 2010 5:23 pm
No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

UMM HOW i word this... ok u take 20 lbs no lifting for 30lb if guy, so divide 2 u dont sit, u get 10 but for guy it no 30, so 20 would be for guy if u werent a girl ?
7 replies
Sep 3, 2006
400 posts
Shoot further away? But you lose the wide angle feel (though you didn't show that in this pic).

You could also use a tripod and do a remote release. This way you'll have a smaller object to Photoshop out in post-production.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15024 posts
1783 upvotes
Oshawa
Shoot in the shade, and stand farther away.

http://www.palmiericoncepts.com/Phototips.htm
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1572 posts
146 upvotes
The shift feature of a tilt-shift lens can also help move your reflection outside of the frame.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
2536 posts
39 upvotes
Thanks for the suggestions.. but im not technical with cameras.

So, in order for me to take decent pics with stock XTi lens, I should move away and zoom in?

Any other ways?

Also, is tehre a way to photoshop out the watermarks?
Luckyinfil wrote:
May 18th, 2010 5:23 pm
No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

UMM HOW i word this... ok u take 20 lbs no lifting for 30lb if guy, so divide 2 u dont sit, u get 10 but for guy it no 30, so 20 would be for guy if u werent a girl ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6273 posts
66 upvotes
Etobicoke
It has nothing to do with camera or lens. Even if you shoot that shot with $$$ camera or lens, you'll still get your reflection in the shot.

Never mind the camera & lens, just stand in front of car and you'll see your own reflection.

So, cast away the camera and lens, and think about how you can eliminate your own reflection when standing in front of that car (or a mirror).

The trick to shooting highly reflective subject is to place the subject in a place without a lot of light which creates reflections. Then, you slowly add light sources and angle it in such a way so lights do not bounce off of you. And when light doesn't bounce off of you you won't see yourself in the reflection.

Google "Studio lighting" for more info.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2217 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
1. somewhere in the shade
2. remote it or you can use the 2,10 second delay and walk away
3. use a circular polarizer
4. park it in a parking lot with as little around you as possible.

it is hard to get a car with no reflections coming from it... especially if its clean.

GL!