• Dec 6th, 2006 9:35 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1800 posts
374 upvotes

How to tell fake ________ ?

Since there is a lot of threads going around about how to tell fake from real id thought it would be really nice and easy for people to actually go to one thread and find all the brands. This thread is intended for people to ask about how to tell fake from reals and receive replies. So to start off...

How can you tell real from fake for:
1. BAPE
2. AF1
3. puma
4. urban behaviour
5. club monaco
6. Banana Republic

if any RFDs could shed some light thatd be great.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3133 posts
16 upvotes
syntex101 wrote: Since there is a lot of threads going around about how to tell fake from real id thought it would be really nice and easy for people to actually go to one thread and find all the brands. This thread is intended for people to ask about how to tell fake from reals and receive replies. So to start off...

How can you tell real from fake for:
1. BAPE
2. AF1
3. puma
4. urban behaviour
5. club monaco
6. Banana Republic

if any RFDs could shed some light thatd be great.

Am I the only one who finds it weird that Bape and AF1's are on the top of the list, followed by brands that are probably the least of peoples worries about being fake?? Urban Behaviour???!?!?!!
Wealth Is Of The Heart And Mind, Not The Pocket
Nov 26, 2006
152 posts
Haha. I was thinking about the same thing about Urban Behaviour. Who would want to fake that when they copy a lot of other store's styles?
Jun 11, 2006
427 posts
North York. Toronto
I think the list should go something like this in no particular order.

Bape
Chanel
LV
Prada
Gucci
Armani
Ferragamo
Tommy Hilfiger
Kenneth Cole
CK
Coach
Ralph Lauren
Burberry
Lacoste
Rolex
Breitling
IWC
+ Many many others that are famous

People tend to fake stuff from a brand that is very very famous, but these famous brands sometimes have really crappy design, so I don't understand why people buy some of this stuff...
The above list contains brands that I think most people would know/care about and are faked alot.
Aug 4, 2006
846 posts
23 upvotes
UB? UB sooo doesn't fit in that list? anyways on ebay if u know how then u can probablly find the right guides which explain how u can tell
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2005
5218 posts
1240 upvotes
Burlington
Urban Behaviour? Must be a joke.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
hugejazz wrote: I think the list should go something like this in no particular order.

Bape
Chanel
LV
Prada
Gucci
Armani
Ferragamo
Tommy Hilfiger
Kenneth Cole
CK
Coach
Ralph Lauren
Burberry
Lacoste
Rolex
Breitling
IWC

People tend to fake stuff from a brand that is very very famous, but these famous brands sometimes have really crappy design, so I don't understand why people buy some of this stuff...
The above list contains brands that I think most people would know/care about and are faked alot.
What about

Yves St Laurent
Versace
Ferre or GF?
Nike and Adidas- I know not high end, but there are tons of fakes.

Fake Juicy Couture

Also not a specific brand, but I find that at the mall most of the purses and bags are all fake leather- even the $100 Nine West ones :mad:
-sometimes they just put "man made material"
-pleather
simili leather
leatherette
ultrasuede

Also alot of the bags sometimes just say "Leather Trim" on the tag and the rest of the bag is similated "leather" but so well done it is hard to tell.
-basically youre getting a bag with just leather handles and most people don't realize that
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Nov 26, 2006
152 posts
Like Nine West, most bags, even Guess ones are not made or real leather because they are expensive. The man made materials just give them the look without the heavy price tags. Even though Nine West and Guess still charge a lot for bags.
Jul 19, 2003
778 posts
106 upvotes
Markham
I'm selling some fake UB's. Pm within.
Banned
Feb 16, 2006
1098 posts
hugejazz wrote: I think the list should go something like this in no particular order.

Bape
Chanel
LV
Prada
Gucci
Armani
Ferragamo
Tommy Hilfiger
Kenneth Cole
CK

Coach
Ralph Lauren
Burberry
Lacoste
Rolex
Breitling
IWC

Don't know why, but I find these brands (Tommy Hilfiger, CK, Kenneth Cole) really out of place and low par. Although you WILL see their occassional items being worn in GQ etc. Is it just me?
Jun 11, 2006
427 posts
North York. Toronto
I didn't include those names because I think they look good, I included those names because people fake them alot.

Average people on the street don't know what brand is good anyways, they just like to wear brands that everyone else wears, and Tommy Hilfiger etc match that well... so people tend to fake that.

Once again, that list is only a small list of brands that I see faked alot, it is not "What brand I like the most!", it is not conclusive, there are others that I know I missed.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
1lilrockerchick wrote: Like Nine West, most bags, even Guess ones are not made or real leather because they are expensive. The man made materials just give them the look without the heavy price tags. Even though Nine West and Guess still charge a lot for bags.
Ok, what I don't get is that instead of buying a Guess bag, youue could get a nice leather bag for less than that!

I've seen quite a few nice leather bags for under $80- some low as $50 even.

but I guess if you are only going for the trendy look and must have the Guess name on your bag- thats what you're paying for.
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2893 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
urban behaviour clothes are like buy one get 10 free now.. i dont think anybody would fake it.. dont worry its all real. if somebodys selling you a jacket for 20 bucks. accept that its real, infact, hes probably ripping you off. LOL