None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2004
3485 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto

how is Tuckers Marketplace?

So I've heard the radio commercials but whats the place like?

What type of food? whats the price? and whats the deal with the made to order buffet?
120 replies
Jun 23, 2004
528 posts
7 upvotes
Beautiful Downtown S…
and i say this in a good way
general fare would be:roast beef , roast turkey , ham , seafood , pastas , chicken dishes , rices , some pretty good spicy chicken legs , and of course all the salads , breads , soups you could ever need
i don't frequent the place but neither do i shy away from it
honestly can't remember the price (obviously it wasn't/isn't out of line)
very relaxed atmosphere , not the peanut shell after work stop off

i enjoy it
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
4 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
Yeah, I always wanted to know too. Their website has nothing except for their addresses. Some info would be great. :)
Jan 7, 2004
170 posts
In ottawa anyway i find its gone way downhill and is really expensive for what you get.

not many meat selections, mainly cheap vegetable fare. i really like the pasta and desert bar though. You're looking at around 17 or 18 bucks i think + tax + tip + drink.

I guess its not that bad for bytown market standards and the food isnt that bad but there are better places out there. it also may vary from city to city.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1387 posts
67 upvotes
I went to the one in missisauga (on mavis/brittania) And it sucked, not worth the money at all
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
I've never been there for dinner but I have for lunch. For lunch I would have to say it's a huge steal. From what I recall lunch is only $8 and they have a pretty good variety. Pizza, make your own pasta, seafood, lasagna, roast beef, roasted chicken etc.

I've never been there for dinner but I will probably try it out one day. I've been there for lunch maybe two times but it's been almost 2 years since I went. The last time I went was on my birthday for a free lunch :cheesygri
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8639 posts
604 upvotes
GTA
I would say not worth the money for dinner either
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1942 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
Been to Eglinton Tucker's many times. Free on birthdays. Food is CDN fare good value.
Apr 7, 2003
867 posts
66 upvotes
North York
Iron Chef Ajax wrote:Been to Eglinton Tucker's many times. Free on birthdays. Food is CDN fare good value.

Is the new one there any different?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1220 posts
87 upvotes
it is one of the most awful restaurants I've ever been to.

I've been to the one on Eglinton and Warden, and the one on pickering - complete garbage. Especially the one in pickering. The service there was so bad that we wrote a letter of complaint, so we were given a free dinner so that we could try again, and the service was just as bad the second time, and the food was still awful! And I only went to the one in scarborough for a work function, I work right near it...

My top 3 restaurants that I will never go back to:

1. Mother Tuckers
2. Montanas
3. I can't remember the name of the place, it's right accross the tuckers at warden and eglinton, it used to be 'boy on a dolphin'... it'll come back to me...
Jan 8, 2004
677 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Tuckers Market place is amazing! Their buffet rocks! Head their for their lunch for $8...but avoid the dinner buffet...they are quite costly.

Admittedly one of the best buffet's around. Further, it is my personal favourite in terms of roast beef. I simply haven't had a better roast anywhere else...except my mother's of course. :-)

A~
Jan 8, 2004
677 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not sure what you're talking about....what service do you need when you are just eating a buffet? How was the food aweful? Lol...they have the best chili around!
prof_frink wrote:it is one of the most awful restaurants I've ever been to.

I've been to the one on Eglinton and Warden, and the one on pickering - complete garbage. Especially the one in pickering. The service there was so bad that we wrote a letter of complaint, so we were given a free dinner so that we could try again, and the service was just as bad the second time, and the food was still awful! And I only went to the one in scarborough for a work function, I work right near it...

1. Mother Tuckers
2. Montanas
3. I can't remember the name of the place, it's right accross the tuckers at warden and eglinton, it used to be 'boy on a dolphin'... it'll come back to me...
Jun 23, 2004
528 posts
7 upvotes
Beautiful Downtown S…
prof_frink wrote:it is one of the most awful restaurants I've ever been to.

1. Mother Tuckers
2. Montanas
...but who do you blame for bad service at a buffet?
get my drift?
anyway, i disagree (at least about the scarborough location),perhaps your co-workers got to the buffet before you and stripped it
i have never done lunch there though , maybe it is different

edit-it would appear that once again my thunder has been stolen by some forum of rascal :lol: (not enough coffee yet to get my fingers loose)
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1220 posts
87 upvotes
thrifty1 wrote:...but who do you blame for bad service at a buffet?
get my drift?
anyway, i disagree (at least about the scarborough location),perhaps your co-workers got to the buffet before you and stripped it
i have never done lunch there though , maybe it is different

edit-it would appear that once again my thunder has been stolen by some forum of rascal :lol: (not enough coffee yet to get my fingers loose)
1. The staff was eating out of the buffet while the paying customers were trying to get food.

2. The staff behind the areas where they serve you were chatting and you had to get there attention to serve you, and when they did, they were all disgruntled about it.

3. The food was cold.

And as for the selection, honestly its awful. I'm not going to judge your taste in foods, but to me, I've had better food at an office pot luck.
Jun 23, 2004
528 posts
7 upvotes
Beautiful Downtown S…
prof_frink wrote:1. The staff was eating out of the buffet while the paying customers were trying to get food.

2. The staff behind the areas where they serve you were chatting and you had to get there attention to serve you, and when they did, they were all disgruntled about it.

3. The food was cold.

And as for the selection, honestly its awful. I'm not going to judge your taste in foods, but to me, I've had better food at an office pot luck.

...i'll be back
btw , what kind of office? ("had better food at an office pot luck") you work across the road? what are you judges and prosecutors doing going to our restaurants anyway?
(just kidding)
× < >