• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2017 10:22 pm
Tags:
Feb 11, 2007
706 posts
202 upvotes
It is legit and the great thing about ordering from Dell, through Ebates, is that the cashback shows up pretty well right away unlike Amazon where you have to wait a bit before it shows. Ebates pays out 4 times a year so you have to wait until then to get paid. You have a choice on how you want to be paid as well. I just took advantage of the 10% and got the notice that I received over $30 back from purchasing from Dell.

One time I ordered a steam machine from Dell. There was 10% cashback and I got over $100 back. I actually ended up cancelling the order because Dell kept delaying it. I had ordered it as part of a boxing week sale and by the time April was coming, I had still not received it. I still got the cashback. I informed Ebates that I had actually cancelled the order and they said it didn't matter. I still received the cash back.
Feb 19, 2011
88 posts
44 upvotes
So far, I always got my money from Ebates.ca. My march check bounced, but still, the CS was friendly enough to send me back another check.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
2916 posts
1103 upvotes
renaudco wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:18 am
So far, I always got my money from Ebates.ca. My march check bounced, but still, the CS was friendly enough to send me back another check.
Did they also pay your bank's returned item fee?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1649 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
I bought an engagement ring from Blue Nile last year. The cash back was something close to 2%. I got back like $260, it was awesome.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3098 posts
442 upvotes
Alberta
redkulat wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:40 am
I bought an engagement ring from Blue Nile last year. The cash back was something close to 2%. I got back like $260, it was awesome.
$13,000+ engagement ring...lucky lady.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1649 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:52 am
$13,000+ engagement ring...lucky lady.
Ha i gave the wrong number. I just checked, it was 4.5% cashback on GCR.ca so you can figure out the amount for that :P. couldn't afford a ring for that much!
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
17645 posts
2900 upvotes
Thornhill
I've gotten over $700 in Ebates over the past few years, it's pretty legit.
May 6, 2014
11 posts
2 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I have used Ebates for about a year now and gotten rebates cheque no problem.
Jul 4, 2005
150 posts
13 upvotes
ebates is awesome!! deposit via Paypal is easy... i was also sent a cheque when i first started using it.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
2916 posts
1103 upvotes
Use Incognito/Private Mode because chances are RFD and other websites already infiltrated your cookies for their own benefit when you clicked on links.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1112 posts
42 upvotes
Woodbridge
Supercooled wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 8:28 am
They are running a promotion on Dell Canada with an impressive 10% cash back. I know my math is rusty but If I make a purchase on something over $2,000 I'd get back $200 in cold hard cash? They mentioned something on their website about being paid in quarterly. WHat's that about? Are they going to send $50 every 3 months?

The reason I ask if it's legit is because I've read some stories of people not getting their moneys.

No, paid in quarterly means you'll get paid whatever the amount you earned in that time period. So you'll get $200 and whatever other cashback you earned before the cutoff is for this time period.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3098 posts
442 upvotes
Alberta
I use my daughters eBates.ca account for buying stuff in Canada and log into eBates.com with the same login/password for buying from the US.
Banned
Mar 9, 2017
27 posts
The use of the Ebates

Ebates usage is very simple, just to make a long story short. If you have something want to buy, such as the building recently proposed to buy a mattress, take a fancy to a deal on Fatwallet, from slightly more high-end than wal-mart Sears. Then open the Ebates, input Sears in the search box, see a 6% rate of return.

Click into the Sears at Ebates page. You will find that Ebates not only provides a rebate entrance, also listed in the merchant discount information and code (more comprehensive than North America save letters) in a timely manner. "Shop Now" as long as any one from entering, eligible code will automatically take effect, but a few times also need to manually input, you can check before placing orders.

Ok, click on any of the "Shop Now", you can leave Ebates enter sears.com
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel