Shopping Discussion

How to use up/spend Shoppers Optimum points?

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2010 1:39 pm
Dec 6, 2008
771 posts
Alberta boy

How to use up/spend Shoppers Optimum points?

Ive been collecting for years and years and I think its about time I reward myself. I was told you cannot spend it in the store, wtf? What the hell is the point then? For bragging rights? I just checked my balance and I have 286,303 Opt. points.

I want to be able to use those points towards stuff I need to buy!
6 replies
Feb 10, 2009
655 posts
Wanna share?

Seriously though, of COURSE you can use the points in store. You go buy your item, tell the cashier you'd like to use your points and bingo bango, you get a discount.
Apr 14, 2010
405 posts
75,000 points will get you $150.00 worth of merchandise (or you can wait for a bonus redemption day and get $200.00 for 75,000 points). When you get to the cash register just tell the cashier that you want to pay with your points.

You can use them for anything in the store. You can only redeem a maximum of 75,000 points per transaction though. If you're buying multiple items you can split them between different bills, but if you buy one thing that costs more than $150 (or $200 on bonus day) you'll have to pay the difference.

Hope that helps!
May 26, 2010
11 posts
1 upvote
That's crazy if anyone tells you that you can't redeem your points. I remember my mom redeemed twice in one day!
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1382 posts
wait till fall when they start selling ps3's thats if u want one of those

if not they are suppose to be expanding their electronics in fall so maybe something else you may want might come up
Jan 5, 2009
573 posts
Toronto, ON
how did you not redeem them for so long? I've never even reached 75k yet

14k points shy of $800 on bonus redemption day, ps3's sound good if and when they come out and maybe a camera/Wii/DS or even 6+ months of food
Mar 30, 2010
739 posts
You do have to pay the tax though, even on redeem your points day.

Plenty of folk get upset when they realize that they cannot pay the tax with points. Just saying........

I'd wait til there's a $200 value for 75000 points, can't beat $50 of free stuff!
× < >