• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2018 5:22 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
1728 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto

How is The Village at York University?

I'm looking to rent out a room for the rest of the school year. Anyone have any experiences or comments about the area/townhouses?

Thanks.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
2788 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
I'm in the village right now. I like it because there's no stupid restrictions like living on res (signing in guests, etc). I think it also works out to be slightly cheaper too.

The main issues are that you have to cook for yourself (unless you have lots of money and an iron stomach to eat out all the time) and there's less of a social life compared to living on res. If you normally commute then its going to be awsome because its really nice to be able to come out and chill with the other people on res whenever you want or just wake up 15mins before class.

I would look around in the neighborhood east of sentinel since those houses are generally newer. Try to find a place where you don't have to share a washroom with so many people, if you have the money a master bedroom would be nice.
Heatware: spikyazn (11-0-0)
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
1728 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
sPiKyAZN wrote: I'm in the village right now. I like it because there's no stupid restrictions like living on res (signing in guests, etc). I think it also works out to be slightly cheaper too.

The main issues are that you have to cook for yourself (unless you have lots of money and an iron stomach to eat out all the time) and there's less of a social life compared to living on res. If you normally commute then its going to be awsome because its really nice to be able to come out and chill with the other people on res whenever you want or just wake up 15mins before class.

I would look around in the neighborhood east of sentinel since those houses are generally newer. Try to find a place where you don't have to share a washroom with so many people, if you have the money a master bedroom would be nice.
Nice. I'm meeting my landlord today/taking a look at my room. What are your ammentities, lease rates and conditions?
Feb 26, 2006
117 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
I live in the village, and I have to say I love it.

One Price includes:

Furnished room, with all Ikea Furniture (it's not the cheap stuff) including Bed, Dresser, Bookshelf and Desk

Cable 75 Channels
Internet
Home Phone in the kitchen to use during the day
All Utilities
Cleaning Service that comes every 20 days
Study Area
Living Room with Big Screen TV
Free Laundry

What more can I ask for?

Lease was 12 months.
Apr 6, 2008
155 posts
Dubai
How much are you paying?

I plan to move into Village next year in May.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
1728 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
hitender_s wrote: How much are you paying?

I plan to move into Village next year in May.
I'm looking at $450 a month for the rest of the Fall/Winter school year. It's a small room (with a window), and it includes a bed/dresser/desk, high-speed internet, full kitchen and appliances, washer/dryer, cable TV and air-conditioning.
Sep 9, 2007
191 posts
9 upvotes
I can't wait to move into The Villages.

I'm first year in rez and it's nice that you meet people, but paying lots of money for constant unhealthy food is annoying.

Also signing in people/limited freedom in general is annoying.

I had a small "party" in my room last week and the Don was knocking on my door to keep it down, wasn't even loud.

The only problem is I don't really want to have to pay for the summer months, since I won't be there then. Maybe if I was able to land a job on york campus over the summer then it would be sweet.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
2788 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
NiftyScent wrote: Nice. I'm meeting my landlord today/taking a look at my room. What are your ammentities, lease rates and conditions?
8 months, 500/month, 3rd floor w/ big walk out balcony (room is kinda small). Comes with internet and cable.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
1728 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
sPiKyAZN wrote: 8 months, 500/month, 3rd floor w/ big walk out balcony (room is kinda small). Comes with internet and cable.
I'm set to move out Tuesday on a 7 month lease. My rooms kinda small too. Whatever, the kitchen and freedom makes up for it. BTW, I think I read that you go to Schulich too? What's your name? I'm in first year. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
2788 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
NiftyScent wrote: I'm set to move out Tuesday on a 7 month lease. My rooms kinda small too. Whatever, the kitchen and freedom makes up for it. BTW, I think I read that you go to Schulich too? What's your name? I'm in first year. :)
Cool another Shoe-licker...ygpm
Apr 6, 2008
155 posts
Dubai
NiftyScent wrote: I'm looking at $450 a month for the rest of the Fall/Winter school year. It's a small room (with a window), and it includes a bed/dresser/desk, high-speed internet, full kitchen and appliances, washer/dryer, cable TV and air-conditioning.
Oh alright. But I was actually asking sboardgurl. :)
Feb 26, 2006
117 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
I'm paying $550 because I have the biggest room in the house that includes a walk-in closet and my own bathroom.

There are other cheaper rooms here that include all the amenities, depending on your price range.

I just think it's so much easier to pay one price instead of dealing with splitting all the bills. Hassle Free, and less complicated as to who owes what to who.
Apr 6, 2008
155 posts
Dubai
~sboardgurl~ wrote: I'm paying $550 because I have the biggest room in the house that includes a walk-in closet and my own bathroom.

There are other cheaper rooms here that include all the amenities, depending on your price range.

I just think it's so much easier to pay one price instead of dealing with splitting all the bills. Hassle Free, and less complicated as to who owes what to who.
Wow it's a great deal than what I'm paying here, which is $850 a month! ($4200+$2500 Meal Plan for 8 months).

I could pull out $600 a month and I don't mind, what you get for $550 a month is just great.
Jan 26, 2007
23 posts
with the prices that everyone is saying here does that include utilities?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
2788 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
keivan135 wrote: with the prices that everyone is saying here does that include utilities?
Most places include utilities + internet/cable.
Aug 22, 2018
1 posts
Hi I and my friend are in search of residence because the residence on york I campus is filled up we need a spot
Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)