Automotive

How or where can I change the remote control battery for mitsubishi car key??

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2011 6:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 15, 2009
22 posts

How or where can I change the remote control battery for mitsubishi car key??

I just wondering how or where can i change the remote control battery for mitsubishi car key?
I've tried to ask the mitsubishi dealership, they said they don't have stocks for the battery right now or whatelse ..... (actually, he didn't said it clear)
so, I wanna change it by myself, could somebody give me an idea?

thank you so much
11 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
2645 posts
167 upvotes
Mississauga
This reminds me of what I saw at Honda. A guy came in and asked how much to replace the battery in his crv remote. The service advisor said it uses a special battery and it would cost $18 plus they replace it for free. I held my laughter for a bit.

Op. Open up the remote or look through the manual. It should tell you what type of battery it uses. Sometimes you can find the lithium battery at dollarama.
Dec 6, 2007
792 posts
8 upvotes
There are dozens of different types of Mitsubishi remotes. The latest model FAST key battery can be bought at any local store, its the exact same one as used on computer motherboards (CR2032).
[OP]
Sep 15, 2009
22 posts
thanks guys!!! but i am concerned about how to open the remote, it seems no screws or button on it..... :(
Dec 6, 2007
792 posts
8 upvotes
You still haven't said what car and what year. It says how to open it in the manual.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
2645 posts
167 upvotes
Mississauga
BeBuBeBu wrote:
Nov 1st, 2011 3:28 pm
it is mitsubishi lancer 08

what key do you have

http://www.autotransponder.com/2008_mit ... ry_remotes

Most of them have a notch/opening on the side somewhere that allows you to put a flat object and wedge it open.
If you see a screw, then unscrew that too.

If it's the FAST key, look here: http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40101
[OP]
Sep 15, 2009
22 posts
Hi all,

I just replaced a new battery in the remote control.
The problem is its doesn't work when i pressed the button?!!? The alarm doesn't turn on!!
WHY ME!!?!!!!!??!?!?!?
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
527 upvotes
BeBuBeBu wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2011 6:06 pm
Hi all,

The problem is its doesn't work when i pressed the button?!!? The alarm doesn't turn on!!
WHY ME!!?!!!!!??!?!?!?

because you are the lucky one.
are you sure you put it in with the polarity correctly? :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7664 posts
761 upvotes
North York
BeBuBeBu wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2011 6:06 pm
Hi all,

WHY ME!!?!!!!!??!?!?!?

Swap batteries with the other remote.

If the other remote works and this one still doesn't work then either this 2nd remote has to be reprogrammed for the car, or the remote is broken.

If you want to reprogram the remote ... google for the instruction for your specific car.
× < >