Beauty & Wellness

How and where do I buy Propecia or Finasteride in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2017 10:35 am
[OP]
Aug 24, 2014
194 posts
7 upvotes
North York

How and where do I buy Propecia or Finasteride in Canada?

1. Do I need doctor's prescription for this hair loss medicine everytime I purchase it?

2. What is safest and most cost effective way to buy this medicine?

3. Some people seem to drive all the way to Niagara Falls or to New York, why?

4. Is purchasing it online safe? Any suggested websites?
1 reply
Oct 6, 2015
600 posts
286 upvotes
gushingtears wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 7:07 am
1. Do I need doctor's prescription for this hair loss medicine everytime I purchase it?
Yes, it is a prescription medication in Canada. It can only be dispensed by a licensed pharmacy on a doctors' (or other licensed prescriber's) order.
2. What is safest and most cost effective way to buy this medicine?
As generic finasteride 5mg from your pharmacy. Cut the pills up or nibble a bit off or take a little bit of powder. Dose doesn't particularly matter as the FDA studies show it to be highly effective at even a fraction of the 1mg dosage. Keep away from pregnant women or women who may become pregnant!!! It is known to cause birth defects!!
3. Some people seem to drive all the way to Niagara Falls or to New York, why?
Sounds dumb. Its generic, and its cheap at the pharmacy. If you want to save on the dispensing fee, go to Costco. You're allowed to use their pharmacy without a membership, and they charge $4 for dispensing versus the typical $10-$12 you'll pay at the big chains.
4. Is purchasing it online safe? Any suggested websites?
You never know what you actually get with the online sites. Its pretty cheap. A years supply will set you back under $40, even if you go to expensive retail pharmacy. If you have an employer drug plan, there's a good chance they'll even cover it. It is often covered under provincial drug plans if you have coverage in the usual fashion, as it is reasonably commonly prescribed to elderly men to ease prostate symptoms.