• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2018 5:45 pm
[OP]
Feb 23, 2015
349 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

How will a 4K PC display be better than 2560 by 1440

I only use the PC for business type of apps. I don't do games or video. Display is a 27" 2560 by 1440

If I get a basic 4K display will there be improvements? I am hoping the text will be sharper as the smallest text is difficult to read. I know I can increase font size but that reduces the amount of information on screen.

Display card is nvidia quadro k620 which is a workstation graphics card.

Will a pricier 4K monitor make text sharper than the cheapest one?
5 replies
Feb 4, 2018
976 posts
48 upvotes
Unlikely, not for a 27", unless you sit 5" away from the screen.

It would come in useful however, if you need to find details in a document (like a PDF) that require you to look really closely at the screen.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
3957 posts
646 upvotes
BizDeveloper wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 9:52 pm
If I get a basic 4K display will there be improvements? I am hoping the text will be sharper as the smallest text is difficult to read. I know I can increase font size but that reduces the amount of information on screen.
I saw a significant benefit in text quality going from a WQHD 27" (Dell U2713HM) to a 4K WQHD (Dell P2715Q). On Firefox, RFD thread text is still quite readable at 50% zoom and in Visual Studio, the text is just readable even with a font size of 6.
[OP]
Feb 23, 2015
349 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Just for office work, not games.
I saw two listed on BestBuy but sold out. LG and HP ones.
Card is Nvidia quadro k620

If anyone aware of them post details. GTA
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9261 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
costco

samsung 40inch 4k tv. or lg 43inch 4k tv can't go wrong with either, looks like you do cad work.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Mar 29, 2015
228 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
http://tools.rodrigopolo.com/display_calc/

Enter your current monitor into that and see if your viewing distance is already considered retina. If not then you should see a benefit from a 4k monitor. If it is but you frequently lean forward to see stuff, use the lean distance to calculate if it is retina or not.

Also enter the new monitor you are thinking of getting to see if that will be retina at your optimal viewing distance.