Careers

How would I word this to possible employer's HR?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 5:07 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3280 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
SquirreI wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:57 pm
I actually read it, the day the email was sent. Not sure what story I was writing in my original post... really busy at work the past 2 weeks, with a lot of paperwork and sleep deprivation, so I am definitely not thinking straight. But I did read it after work, but by that time I think I couldn't think of a response or didn't have time. It is my because of my irresponsibility or carelessness that I didn't reply right away though. And that definitely does give a very bad impression, and I understand that. I hope we can leave this debate at that. I'm not sure why this is lecturing is necessary, other than to purposely berate me, for something that I fully understand.
Absolutely not my intention to berate or put you down. Unfortunately the perspective of HR needs to be considered heavily regardless of who you are or your specific intentions, which is what I was trying to do. They may interpret it all differently, but it's likely best to assume the worst and prepare to deal with people making decisions about you in a vacuum. I truly hope it all works out for you but I wouldn't be doing you any favours by focusing on your intentions as opposed to your actions, as that's all the decision makers will judge you on without actually meeting with you.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2016
753 posts
202 upvotes
TotallyKiller wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:04 pm
Absolutely not my intention to berate or put you down. Unfortunately the perspective of HR needs to be considered heavily regardless of who you are or your specific intentions, which is what I was trying to do. They may interpret it all differently, but it's likely best to assume the worst and prepare to deal with people making decisions about you in a vacuum. I truly hope it all works out for you but I wouldn't be doing you any favours by focusing on your intentions as opposed to your actions, as that's all the decision makers will judge you on without actually meeting with you.
My question is what HR contact expects someone to come in ON the day?
"Obama is the quintessence of all that is wrong with America today.. people looking at the superficial which is skin color and ignoring idiotic behavior." - the poster AndySixx 😲 :facepalm:
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2016
753 posts
202 upvotes
So Squirrel has gone dark :D - did you say you were available that day - the day the HR rep asked you to come in?

If that is the case, that changes everything.
"Obama is the quintessence of all that is wrong with America today.. people looking at the superficial which is skin color and ignoring idiotic behavior." - the poster AndySixx 😲 :facepalm: