Entertainment

How would you feel if a YouTube channel you really liked shut down?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2018 10:49 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
206 upvotes
Markham, ON

How would you feel if a YouTube channel you really liked shut down?

I don't think I would really care because there are too many things to watch.

I also think that anyone who is serious about film making and may have started their career on YouTube had a different beginning of exposure to potential audiences. YouTube is just another platform for people to showcase their work.

What do you think. I don't believe there are any discussion on YouTube under entertainment. I did a quick search.

My original question was how will you feel if a channel you start on YouTube shut down.

My final question became what are your thoughts on YouTube.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2338 posts
345 upvotes
In another world
PewDiePie warned his fans he was going to shut down his channel for good after so many hits, and he didn't.
Obviously a marketing scheme that probably made him earn more fans.

As I don't follow him, I felt nothing about it.

Edit:
I just follow one guy who teaches photography, that's it.
YouTube is filled with a lot of good things but also with tons of garbage.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
194 upvotes
My interest is oriented toward something insightful so the channels I've subscribed to aren't highly controversial to get shut down. If it does happen, I'd be tad disappointed. There will eventually be something better to fill in the gap so no biggie.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
I used to watch a married couple in Japan who ended up shutting down their channel because they wanted to have a baby and didn't want social media exposure of the kid. That's understandable. Lots of channels people have really liked have vanished suddenly over the years, most notably Kevjumba, and the world keeps spinning on. It's a change, but people have their reasons.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
The couple from Texas? Rachel and Jun?
Piro21 wrote: I used to watch a married couple in Japan who ended up shutting down their channel because they wanted to have a baby and didn't want social media exposure of the kid. That's understandable. Lots of channels people have really liked have vanished suddenly over the years, most notably Kevjumba, and the world keeps spinning on. It's a change, but people have their reasons.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapo-Findo wrote: The couple from Texas? Rachel and Jun?
No, their channel is still active. It was the other Japanese guy/white girl couple, but I forget their actual names right now.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Texan in Tokyo
Piro21 wrote: No, their channel is still active. It was the other Japanese guy/white girl couple, but I forget their actual names right now.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25984 posts
10377 upvotes
I had my original account shut down for violations many years before Youtube paid for content. I never made a channel again as i have little interest in doing so even if it pays. So, if channels get shut down, I don't feel anything. There is lots of free content anyway and not necessarily on Youtube...
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
I mainly watch tech tubers (watch a bunch of CES coverage this week) with some video game, comedy and twisty puzzle (I'm a nerd, I get it) channels... very little chance of those getting taken down unless it's a copyright strike. I don't watch those vlog, YouTube drama, click bait channels... but that doesn't stop YouTube from constantly suggesting them in my feeds. I didn't know who Logan Paul was until this month... where literally everyone had a "reaction video".

I would be pissed if I started a channel, put a ton of work into it, had some success and it got shut down. But the rules seem really easy to follow.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
Life goes on.

Not attached to the app.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Youtube community is a cesspool. A lot of dreck to parse for good information. If I could turn off recommendations I would. Two channels that make me want to reach through my computerand throttle their necks are tanner fox and movlogs.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5186 posts
1829 upvotes
Mississauga
Piro21 wrote: I used to watch a married couple in Japan who ended up shutting down their channel because they wanted to have a baby and didn't want social media exposure of the kid. That's understandable. Lots of channels people have really liked have vanished suddenly over the years, most notably Kevjumba, and the world keeps spinning on. It's a change, but people have their reasons.
Well you're supposed to be supporting the Canadians and watching Eat your Sushi / Eat your Kimchi / Simon & Martina instead... :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6493 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Poppwl wrote:
My original question was how will you feel if a channel you start on YouTube shut down.
I hope Logan Paul, Jake Paul, RiceGum, Tanner Fox, Cameron Dallas, etc. etc. etc. shut down. It's a bunch of people doing a whole lot of nothing. Just mindless crap for the 5-25 age group.
I started visiting youtube back in 2005 when it first went online, before Google bought it. I remember the good ol' days of 240p videos lol.
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)