• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2017 1:34 pm
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
116 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto

how's rental market in Cambridge ON?

We're planning to book a new house in Cambridge but not sure of the rental market there.
This is an investment property so want to be able to rent it out easily.

Thanks
11 replies
Dec 31, 2013
27 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
Get a property manager for you house, he knows the market and have experience. It will be easy to rent it out with help.
Based on your questions I assume you live some other city, property manager save you a lot of headakes as well
To answer your question, it should be easy to do it, but may take a little bit longer comparing to summer time.
Alex Shapovalov
Real estate investor @ Yaplex Investments
email: alex[at]yaplex.ca | cell: 647 328 3809 | web:https://yaplex.ca
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
116 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Alex, thanks. Is there a better place for investment?
Maybe Hamilton, Kitchener/Waterloo or east end whitby/oshawa?
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
4210 posts
847 upvotes
Toronto
saimakhan11 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 12:07 pm
Hamilton and Oshawa are still great buys. I wouldn't go out to KWC...too far from Toronto. Having said that, I will admit that I don't know the KWC market that well.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Mortgage Agent and Real Estate Sales Representative
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
1033 posts
335 upvotes
saimakhan11 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 8:13 pm
We're planning to book a new house in Cambridge but not sure of the rental market there.
This is an investment property so want to be able to rent it out easily.

Thanks
I have a coworker that lives in mississauga and purchased a new build two years ago.
He is currently renting to an older couple that has a business in kitchener.
There are tech. companies and the kitchener area is growing.

It took probably about 2 weeks to find people to rent. I would say still not as hot as the GTA, but decent demand.
Jan 3, 2017
198 posts
147 upvotes
CdnRealEstateGuy wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 7:07 pm
Hamilton and Oshawa are still great buys. I wouldn't go out to KWC...too far from Toronto. Having said that, I will admit that I don't know the KWC market that well.
I would have to disagree with this. I don't know about Hamilton but Oshawa and anywhere in the Durham region area are not great buys anymore. I've been looking to add another investment property in this area for a while but can't make it work due to the huge increases we've seen over the last couple of years due to the shenanigans happening in Toronto.

Bare bones townhouses are selling for 400k People are snatching up anything decent for over asking in 1-2 days and bidding wars are becoming the norm now.

The average selling price in Durham for a single detached is almost $700k, Oshawa specifically is over $600k, Not great for investment property purposes
Feb 21, 2010
425 posts
71 upvotes
Scarborough
does anyone know about rental market in Kingston? I looked at an advertisement for investment property and am wondering if there is demand for real estate in Kingston or if the builder is just preying on GTA spillover effects
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
116 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
The homes by DeSantis just sent out the email for registration.
This is in Stoney Creek starting at mid $400's.

Is this a good buy?

UPDATE: Something odd I noticed in agreement. The furnace/HRV have a rent of $50/month.
I have never seen this before. But there is a buy-out options. Seems the builder is pawning this off onto the buyer.
Last edited by saimakhan11 on Mar 25th, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 31, 2007
270 posts
7 upvotes
Scarborough
Oshawa rental wise you can find people. I know couple of people that properties there. renting. To students or some to family. But prices have gone up way too much over there. U may want to buy already build home.
Jan 5, 2008
949 posts
120 upvotes
saimakhan11 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 12:07 pm
Cambridge market is hot right now.. many listings at 500 to 600K are getting 50 to 100K over asking. Realtors are having bidding parties.....
I hope the demand keeps up for at least another 2 yrs as that is when I will be selling. Cambridge is 50 mins from Downtown TO when no traffic.... i know there always is...and is less than 30 mins from Miss

I bought my house for 300K 8 yrs ago and would get 625K if not more now....
[OP]
Sep 25, 2012
116 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunately, the market has gone cold right now. Let's see how things look in a few months.
I am holding off on a purchase for now.
Apr 10, 2017
391 posts
104 upvotes
jblade44 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2017 11:20 am
Cambridge market is hot right now.. many listings at 500 to 600K are getting 50 to 100K over asking. Realtors are having bidding parties.....
I hope the demand keeps up for at least another 2 yrs as that is when I will be selling. Cambridge is 50 mins from Downtown TO when no traffic.... i know there always is...and is less than 30 mins from Miss

I bought my house for 300K 8 yrs ago and would get 625K if not more now....
which area in Cambridge are you? sq ft of your home?