• Sep 14th, 2012 8:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6087 posts
43 upvotes

HP 15.6" AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M Laptop (G6-1D44CA) - Grey

I wasn't able to get any info here or pretty much anywhere on the notebook at Future Shop. It's $130 off at $349.99. http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... PLaptop_en

Was thinking of using it to replace the wife's Dell M1330 that is starting to have issues. Any thoughts?
4 replies
Nov 14, 2008
496 posts
136 upvotes
Thats a pretty decent price. Not much to say about it really because its a basic laptop for those on a tight budget. These AMD APUs are fine for watching HD videos, light gaming because the AMD integrated GPU (which is also the CPU) is superior to the intel 4000. Pity its a HP. If I had a budget of $350 and no more and needed a laptop, I would buy this.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1910 posts
119 upvotes
I have a similar laptop.

I hate the keyboard with a capital H. Non standard layout, shortcut keys along the left side so I hit calculator instead of ctrl every time. I use the top region of the enter key so hit slash instead of enter as its only one key high.

HDD is slow but what do you expect.

Otherwise no major complaints.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6087 posts
43 upvotes
Yeah, the keyboard sucks big time. The responsiveness of the unit wasn't good the first day or so. I had to restore to factory defaults. Then I realized that HP and Windows was doing it's own thing in the background and the responsiveness of the laptop has improved. It's also really lame that it doesn't come with it's own Windows 7 DVD.
× < >