Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] HP 24" w2408h LCD monitor refurb $299 at staples one day only!!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2008 12:01 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5017 posts
1326 upvotes
dangit..oh well...

I think it's Hawt too

I think ghettogal's hawt too

Kaitlyn might be hot too....

I think any female RFDer's pretty hot lol...there's something about a woman that's frugal that turns me on :D
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13500 posts
3852 upvotes
London
deezz wrote: dangit..oh well...

I think it's Hawt too

I think ghettogal's hawt too

Kaitlyn might be hot too....

I think any female RFDer's pretty hot lol...there's something about a woman that's frugal that turns me on :D
frugal with their money............................not with yours :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5017 posts
1326 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: frugal with their money............................not with yours :lol:
LOL if that's the case then they can be frugal with the curb lol

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
855 upvotes
Also managed to get the $30... screen (panel quality) wise looks the same as the LG24" i got for 299 during compu2000's grand opening sale (new not ref). Great deal... wonder what type of sale Staples will have with this screen next time (kinda want another now altho i have 9 screens in my computer room...). :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5017 posts
1326 upvotes
GVRtrader wrote: Also managed to get the $30... screen (panel quality) wise looks the same as the LG24" i got for 299 during compu2000's grand opening sale (new not ref). Great deal... wonder what type of sale Staples will have with this screen next time (kinda want another now altho i have 9 screens in my computer room...). :cheesygri
do you have a 24" you'd be willing to part with? like the LG? What kind is it?
why 9 monitors?! Do you use them all for each for a specific purpose?

Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
14199 posts
3234 upvotes
Markham
deezz wrote: do you have a 24" you'd be willing to part with? like the LG? What kind is it?
why 9 monitors?! Do you use them all for each for a specific purpose?
he is "GVRtrader "
I guess, he trade Stocks??
Jul 28, 2002
611 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
this 9 monitor setup is useless without pics!
Keigotw wrote: he is "GVRtrader "
I guess, he trade Stocks??
99% of the stuff I own comes from RFD!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4279 posts
68 upvotes
GVRtrader wrote: Also managed to get the $30... screen (panel quality) wise looks the same as the LG24" i got for 299 during compu2000's grand opening sale (new not ref). Great deal... wonder what type of sale Staples will have with this screen next time (kinda want another now altho i have 9 screens in my computer room...). :cheesygri
Just goes to show how RFD can cause you to spend more than you need.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
1354 posts
30 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: For those not happy with this W2408
future shop has this Samsung SyncMaster 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor (245BW) $349.99

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... _Tracking#

WebID: 10086756
Mfr. Part Number: LS24HUBCFV/XAA
Monitor Type LCD
Analog vs Digital Analog & Digital DVI (HDCP)
Brightness 400 cd/m2
Built in TV Tuner No
Contrast Ratio 3000:1
Maximum Resolution 1920 x 1200
Other MagicColour, Narrow Bezel
Product Dimensions 56.0(W) x 44.4(H) x 25.0(D) cm
Product Weight 8.4 kg
Response Time 5 ms
Screen Size 24"
Speakers Included No
Warranty 3 Year Parts & Labour

More Information

FEATURES:

160 Degrees Viewing Angle

30 - 81KHz Scanning Frequency

I bought the sumsang one before, it's really crappy(images and plasic), i like hp one...
Feb 20, 2007
322 posts
9 upvotes
Hey what do you all mean no hdmi on this monitor?

Isn't there a hdmi slot? I'm pretty sure mine has one, if not I don't know what the hell that slot is for. First slots closest to the audio/usb jacks

Anyway either way this monitor is bad ass, by far the best I've ever owned.
Upgrading from a basic dell 22.1" and could not be more impressed
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
14199 posts
3234 upvotes
Markham
kanimara wrote: Hey what do you all mean no hdmi on this monitor?

Isn't there a hdmi slot? I'm pretty sure mine has one, if not I don't know what the hell that slot is for. First slots closest to the audio/usb jacks

Anyway either way this monitor is bad ass, by far the best I've ever owned.
Upgrading from a basic dell 22.1" and could not be more impressed
What we all received from Staples is W2408 (NO HDMI)
but we all Wanted W2408H (Which has HDMI)

Look @ the pictures below and tell us which one you see in the back of your monitor
or look @ the bottom right conner of your monitor, Does it say HP W2408 or HP W2408h ?

W2408

W2408H
Jul 27, 2008
27 posts
City of Champions
Brush wrote: I'm loving the monitor right now! I recently just bought the Logitech X-540 because of the cheap deal going on. I hooked it up to my monitor and its sweet! I tried playing my PS3 on it and got it to work with a DVI to HDMI cable. Now when I play music, I love the sound coming out from the speakers with the bass. Its my perfect setup. Great monitor, cheap and awesome speakers and love it for gaming.
So just get a dvi-hdmi cable for the video, what is needed for the audio if say I connect it to the Logitech x-540?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2001
2336 posts
81 upvotes
I got my visa credited $30, but it was just a straight $30... not $30+ tax. mislead? :mad:

Also hp sent me some of my missing cables.. Power, VGA, DVI. No Audio or USB.... BUT they did send me a panel for an hp 68xx multifunction.. WTF? :confused:

I feel shafted overall. sigh.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
can2000 wrote: Just checked more details, it was not that deal.

Pending approval of your order, the following item(s) will be delivered.

Sku: 600007
Description: 19" SONY SDMHS95PB MONITO
Qty: 1
Price(Each): $549.95
Scheduled delivery 2/28/2006 by DHD

Merchandise Total: $549.95

Coupon 60652: -$30.00 Staples Coupon
Coupon 52717: -$20.00 Staples Coupon
GST (or HST): $35.00
PST : $40.00

Order Total: $574.95
hm... it's a lil shocking to hear you weren't PMing... that's so ... un-RFD-like :-0

you sure you didn't send some online PM form asking for PM and then rec'v credit back ? this wouldn't be shown in the order... but rather they send out an email saying if the PM was accepted, and if so, how much was credited back to your CC.

--------
Impossibles wrote: Doesn't paying $500+ seem so wrong for an LCD now?
nowadays, perhaps so, but back in those days when 19" LCDs were still "new", $500 was like the normal (sale) price....

however, i agree $500 is a bit much back during that time considering the deal i posted a few mths later was considerably less....
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
bonzo wrote: I just got a call from a staples rep area code 306. Explaining the situation to me (staples placed a order for the w2408h but received the non h model from HP and the web people were not aware) she offered me a $30 dollar if I keep it. I asked what happens if I want to return it? she said it would be finale sale if I accept.
i can't understand how they can do that... if you do decide to return it, all they have to do is refund you the credit less $30 discount. simple as that.

kinda makes me think there's sth fishy about these LCDs and that "they don't want to keep it"....
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!