• Jan 16th, 2014 2:03 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
3206 posts
1739 upvotes
Markham
For AiO computers, I do prefer Asus and Lenovo. Recently they have done an amazing job with theirs. Asus's even comes with its own subwoofer.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5186 posts
1829 upvotes
Mississauga
I bought one of these for a relative a year ago. Had a RAM failure after 6 months, but was covered by HP
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13375 posts
8307 upvotes
Brampton
We had one of these. They get extremely hot and require you to constantly clear the vents using compressed air to keep going.

HP = Horse poop. They look great.

The Dell All in Ones are a much better design. A few of my clients have those.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
tebore wrote: We had one of these. They get extremely hot and require you to constantly clear the vents using compressed air to keep going.

HP = Horse poop. They look great.

The Dell All in Ones are a much better design. A few of my clients have those.
I like all of them since they are all made$$$ in China ...glory to the Motherland !
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1447 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
My buddy actually ha an HP all in one and, I have to admit, it is pretty neat. You save a lot of space and, presumably, the specs aren't terrible.
Personally, though, I'd rather have a tower because in the event I want to upgrade or if something needs to be replaced, it can be done without compromising the entire system.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
EdT586 wrote: These slim line computers are known as "disposable" PCs. Once something like the power supply or anything else dies, you chuck it out since the parts are all proprietary and will cost more to repair than buying a new one !
Certain parts are, such as the mbd. Others, such as memory, HDD, and optical drive are standard and easily switched.

AIOs usually have an external power brick which should be easy to replace, though I've never had one fail on me, possibly because I use a decent surge protector, as everybody should.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
EdT586 wrote: I like all of them since they are all made$$$ in China ...glory to the Motherland !
Why are you here? Afraid to work?
Banned
Jun 2, 2009
2738 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Solsearchin1 wrote: Since your in the market for an AIO, check out the Lenivo A720 or A720, easy to repair and upgrade. The Asus ET series ones are also in the same boat. I don't think I'd ever recommend HP, it's hard to get by the amount of ***** they put out.
Thanks this one looks like it has some great reviews as well
Idle hands are the devils playthings
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
EdT586 wrote: No, to bug your basis arse !
Hmm... I recognise the words. Not sure what's meant though. :lol:

Is that actually English?