Expired Hot Deals

[Adobe.com] HP ENVY h8-1409 Desktop - i7-3770 / 1TB HDD / 10GB RAM / Windows 8 - $699.00 @ FShop

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2013 11:16 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 3, 2006
304 posts
103 upvotes
Craven

[Adobe.com] HP ENVY h8-1409 Desktop - i7-3770 / 1TB HDD / 10GB RAM / Windows 8 - $699.00 @ FShop

More offers from Adobe.com
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... a5c0a3en02

Hard to even build for this price.

Some nice features including Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements, Beats Audio, Bluetooth, Wireless Lan and 1 GB AMD HD 7570 video card with HDMI.

None left on-line, but lots in Regina, SK and perhaps elsewhere.
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2005
5532 posts
351 upvotes

Sold Out

Quantity Remaining: 0

Limit 1 per household
Sold Out

Went to a few stores toda in GTA looking for one with no luck :(
Oct 1, 2002
315 posts
23 upvotes
....Went to a few stores toda in GTA looking for one with no luck :( [/QUOTE wrote:
You posted at Dec 27th, 2012 05:54 AM, the day has not even started yet and you went to a few stores already?
stv
Tool & Die maker
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24043 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
HD 7570 video card is sloooow
May 18, 2012
541 posts
139 upvotes
MARKHAM
Stv wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 6:46 am
You posted at Dec 27th, 2012 05:54 AM, the day has not even started yet and you went to a few stores already?
he's trying to prevent other RFD members from going to futureshop to check...what a ***** !
[OP]
Dec 3, 2006
304 posts
103 upvotes
Craven
moufasa wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 7:11 am
he's trying to prevent other RFD members from going to futureshop to check...what a ***** !
Whoa, take it easy... my computer is posting the times wrong, as well as my location and I can't seem to change it. I'm in Regina, not Toronto and I posted that last night, not at 6 in the morning. For example, this post says 2:31 pm and it's 8:30 in the morning. My clock on my desktop is correct. Any ideas why it's doing this?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2005
5532 posts
351 upvotes
had it in my cart and got an error while checking out... now its outta stock again :(
Oct 13, 2007
352 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks op! Sitting on one left in box here in Red Deer. Only 100 off, but would be tough to build to same spec. Before I bite I could easily upgrade video card if a good deal comes up couldn't I? Looking at mainly htpc and moderate gaming. Quick reply would be appreciated as I sit on a box in futureshop :)
Sep 2, 2008
333 posts
13 upvotes
Halifax
m2teach wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 3:09 pm
Thanks op! Sitting on one left in box here in Red Deer. Only 100 off, but would be tough to build to same spec. Before I bite I could easily upgrade video card if a good deal comes up couldn't I? Looking at mainly htpc and moderate gaming. Quick reply would be appreciated as I sit on a box in futureshop :)
Warning chances are the power supply probably sucks and wouldn't be recommended for a powerful card.... just a heads up
Oct 13, 2007
352 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks for the feedback. I think something is hatching I've been sitting on it so long
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2004
3888 posts
270 upvotes
Stv wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 6:46 am
Cracks me up
Dec 25, 2012
54 posts
91 upvotes
Windsor
Imago wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 9:31 am
Whoa, take it easy... my computer is posting the times wrong, as well as my location and I can't seem to change it. I'm in Regina, not Toronto and I posted that last night, not at 6 in the morning. For example, this post says 2:31 pm and it's 8:30 in the morning. My clock on my desktop is correct. Any ideas why it's doing this?
Go to My options
then click edit user options, you should see the time zone, select the timezone your in if its different default setting
Jul 6, 2008
61 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
The problem with all the ready-to-go/pre-built computers from HP, Dell, etc, is they amaze you with the processor (never unlocked), they put a huge amount (many times unnecessary) of memory (you've got no idea which brand and latency numbers), a usually big HDD (no brand specification), and then a low end of current generation graphic card (in some cases they charge a premium to upgrade to just a decent one). After all this - you've got a case with minimum air flow, a basic motherboard (just look at the back panel and you've got the idea) that you have no idea of brand and specs (what expansion it supports, etc), a power supply that usually is the bare minimum to support the installed components...maybe enough to support a minimum GPU upgrade. So in essence you pay a lot more than the stuff it's really worth. Of course - they have to make money somehow.
They make everything possible for you to NOT be able to upgrade...so you come back and buy another one. Of course you could still upgrade but you might need to change so many pieces...better build another one.

Better pick your own and for the same money or just a bit more you could get at least two times the quality/power of components - and for example at NCIX (for $50) or TigerDirect (not sure the price) they assembly and test it for you. Just pick it up, hook up the monitor and router/internet and you're good to go. With NCIX if you get their assembly they give you a year warranty for that (something not working - call them).

Anyway - my 2c.
× < >