Expired Hot Deals

[Adobe.com] HP ENVY h8-1409 Desktop - i7-3770 / 1TB HDD / 10GB RAM / Windows 8 - $699.00 @ FShop

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2013 11:16 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 3, 2006
304 posts
103 upvotes
Craven
mariov25 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 5:25 pm
Go to My options
then click edit user options, you should see the time zone, select the timezone your in if its different default setting
Thanks! Let's see if it's accurate now...

For gadgetseek1, here's a link to the specifications below. Most of the components are identified except for the 1TB hard drive. The motherboard is a IPMMB-FM (Formosa). The power supply is 460 watts.

What do you think? I haven't opened the box yet, but I've put computers together before and if you think I can put together something better for about the same price at say, NCIX, I'm all ears!

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... peId=12454
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1488 posts
119 upvotes
hmm, our current hp m9250f i purchased back in 2008 is acting up and i feel like its time for a replacement.

Ive had the DVDDrive on my current tower die and got it replaced from HP (Refurb DVD drive tho). Also currently one of the ram sticks died so i had to replace it myself.

Any other desktop TOWER only deal for this boxing day thats worth it (power per dollar value ;) )

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2005
5527 posts
351 upvotes
the i7 alone will cost you around $300....
Jun 25, 2009
902 posts
135 upvotes
The cpu is the only good thing about it. It has a crappy case/mobo/video card/power suppy.
Oct 31, 2009
356 posts
70 upvotes
it really depend on what you want to do with this computer. if you want to play BF3 or Assasins Creed 3. Then this is really not a good idea. I have bought a hp pavillon quad core in 2008. only thing left from that machine is the cpu, board and the memory. I put a new cpu fan, power supply, video card and changed the tower. And since then I always want to change the ramaining parts. Now from what I have learn how the parts from those manufacturers sucks, I really don't recommend buying those machine. But again it all depend what you want to do.

"Only valuable parts is the cpu" as some people say here. You guys can't believe how true this is. For example my friend bought a Dell Xps last summer and the usb 3 is on a pci add on card. Even a 50$ motherboard of last summer has USB 3. So only god knows how old this board is.

those tower give you impression that those computer can upgrade easily, but like other people say, you'll be so limited. Look at the speed of memory 1333mhz, i'm not saying that's slow but most memory are at least 1600mhz now. about the price i'm pretty sure if you have bought parts from boxing day, you would have assemble a better computer with the same price tag.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1575 posts
110 upvotes
fanfaron wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 12:36 am
it really depend on what you want to do with this computer. if you want to play BF3 or Assasins Creed 3. Then this is really not a good idea. I have bought a hp pavillon quad core in 2008. only thing left from that machine is the cpu, board and the memory. I put a new cpu fan, power supply, video card and changed the tower. And since then I always want to change the ramaining parts. Now from what I have learn how the parts from those manufacturers sucks, I really don't recommend buying those machine. But again it all depend what you want to do.

"Only valuable parts is the cpu" as some people say here. You guys can't believe how true this is. For example my friend bought a Dell Xps last summer and the usb 3 is on a pci add on card. Even a 50$ motherboard of last summer has USB 3. So only god knows how old this board is.

those tower give you impression that those computer can upgrade easily, but like other people say, you'll be so limited. Look at the speed of memory 1333mhz, i'm not saying that's slow but most memory are at least 1600mhz now. about the price i'm pretty sure if you have bought parts from boxing day, you would have assemble a better computer with the same price tag.
You can easily upgrade the video card in this machine as the power supply has the juice to support it - the power supply is likely a Delta DPS-460CB with triple 12V rails totalling 330+ watts available between them. This motherboard also have USB3, and the machine comes built-in with Bluetooth 4.0 and dual-band 5.0ghz and 2.4ghz wireless N support. You are not going to build one yourself for this cheap unless you really cheap out on components, in which case you might as well get an pre-built. Like others mentioned, the CPU alone is $300; with an OEM version of windows, you'll have just a bit over $300 to get a case, video card, motherboard, dual band wireless LAN, bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, ram, hard drive, DVD drive.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2005
5527 posts
351 upvotes
Sale extended till the 3rd... Hoping theres a restock.
[OP]
Dec 3, 2006
304 posts
103 upvotes
Craven
JackyTheBeaver wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 1:15 am
You can easily upgrade the video card in this machine as the power supply has the juice to support it - the power supply is likely a Delta DPS-460CB with triple 12V rails totalling 330+ watts available between them. This motherboard also have USB3, and the machine comes built-in with Bluetooth 4.0 and dual-band 5.0ghz and 2.4ghz wireless N support. You are not going to build one yourself for this cheap unless you really cheap out on components, in which case you might as well get an pre-built. Like others mentioned, the CPU alone is $300; with an OEM version of windows, you'll have just a bit over $300 to get a case, video card, motherboard, dual band wireless LAN, bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, ram, hard drive, DVD drive.
You're right, the computer I'm using to type this is an HP I've had for a few years, an AMD Athlon 64 something or other... and it's been great. I put a 750 watt power supply in it to run an upgraded video card with HDMI out to my home theatre, increased the memory to a whopping 3 GB's, installed a 1 TB hard drive and a blu-ray burner under the OEM DVD burner and I was happy as a clam for quite a while.
I'm doing a lot of wedding photography and DVD's for clients now, and rendering takes quite a while on this machine so I thought I'd upgrade before the end of the year, (for tax purposes).
I think this new one will do me just fine. I'll exchange the power supplies, keep whichever video card is better, (I can't remember what I've got in this old one), put in the blu-ray burner and give this old one to some deserving soul in my family. All good!
May 1, 2008
209 posts
127 upvotes
Winnipeg
Can somebody recommend a power supply that fits this case and also good video card to play Battlefield three.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1575 posts
110 upvotes
brotherhood wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 11:32 am
Can somebody recommend a power supply that fits this case and also good video card to play Battlefield three.
The HP H8 series case utilizes regular sized ATX power supply units, and the default 460W Delta PSU can easily support an AMD 6850 as some of the other H8 units come equipped with a reference AMD 6850 card. Depending on which video card you buy, you do not even need to upgrade your power supply.
Apr 2, 2008
946 posts
104 upvotes
has anyone successfully upgraded the graphic card? to like AMD HD 7770??

cuz it was on sale again for 699$ over easter weekend
× < >