Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Microsoft Store] HP Stream 7 Tablet $99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2015 11:30 am
Tags:
None
155 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2157 posts
618 upvotes
Scarborough
Great deal
Apr 11, 2006
826 posts
818 upvotes
Richmond
Wow.. 1GB RAM. That's crazy little for a Windows tablet.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3346 posts
2442 upvotes
Montreal
kidd604 wrote: Wow.. 1GB RAM. That's crazy little for a Windows tablet.
Got one for work and it runs more than sufficiently even with only 1gb
Nov 23, 2012
475 posts
327 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
kidd604 wrote: Wow.. 1GB RAM. That's crazy little for a Windows tablet.
I'm more worried about the cpu...
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3346 posts
2442 upvotes
Montreal
venmcss wrote: I'm more worried about the cpu...
Quad core cpu for something you would most likely not use for heavy usage is really plenty.

And office comes with it for a year and unlimited onedrive
Oct 22, 2010
286 posts
136 upvotes
Maple Ridge
huh so fully windows 32bit? if so not bad. could use it for light servers like comms or regular tab for word etc
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2003
1773 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
i was going to buy this but the functionality is so limited. the screen is too small for anything other than youtube videos which android does best. although you can edit documents and stuff.

- it doesnt have HDMI. miracast is available but lags so you cant watch movies using that.
- you can connect a usb mouse and keyboard but if you do that you cannot charge at the same time
- no bluetooth

i was hoping it would replace my loud and energy hungry i7 2600k r9 280x desktop when im only surfing the net but with all these limitations i think ill save the $100 bucks.
MY RIG:

C2D E6400 2.1ghz @ 4.2ghz (ran stock only - fast enough - idle 23'C, max load - 39'C)
4gb Kingston DDR2-800 PC6400
Biostar Tforce 965p
ATI 4850 w/ Accelero 2 cooler. (idle 40'C, max load 50'C)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7309 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
This is a good deal. You can sell the office 365 on ebay for $30-$40 so you end up paying $60-$70.

Lets say you buy this and it comes out to $112, you sell the office 365 for $35, so your net cost is 77. Suppose you use it for 1 year, and you sell it for $50, so you will be out $27 but you get a years worth of use out of it.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7309 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
hamhead wrote: i was going to buy this but the functionality is so limited. the screen is too small for anything other than youtube videos which android does best. although you can edit documents and stuff.

- it doesnt have HDMI. miracast is available but lags so you cant watch movies using that.
- you can connect a usb mouse and keyboard but if you do that you cannot charge at the same time
- no bluetooth

i was hoping it would replace my loud and energy hungry i7 2600k r9 280x desktop when im only surfing the net but with all these limitations i think ill save the $100 bucks.
Yes lack of HDMI is a borderline deal breaker. I am pretty sure that you can get a cable that will charge and allow you to use the OTG function. It has bluetooth.

On my list of grievances is no GPS, with the right software this would be a kick ass GPS unit, most GPS units have half the resolution this tablet does.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2003
1773 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
toalan wrote: Yes lack of HDMI is a borderline deal breaker. I am pretty sure that you can get a cable that will charge and allow you to use the OTG function. It has bluetooth.

On my list of grievances is no GPS, with the right software this would be a kick ass GPS unit, most GPS units have half the resolution this tablet does.
yes you're right theres bluetooth, so you can connect a bt mouse while charging from the usb port, but can bt connect both bt mouse and bt keyboard at the same time? i think not.

so still deal breaker

i guess ill go with the chinese tablets that have separate power port, micro usb otg, bt, AND HDMI!!
MY RIG:

C2D E6400 2.1ghz @ 4.2ghz (ran stock only - fast enough - idle 23'C, max load - 39'C)
4gb Kingston DDR2-800 PC6400
Biostar Tforce 965p
ATI 4850 w/ Accelero 2 cooler. (idle 40'C, max load 50'C)
Nov 21, 2013
168 posts
53 upvotes
3rd Rock
Thanks OP! This will be a perfect cheap tablet for my kids. The most significant difference with this tablet and the bagillion other Chinese made alternatives, is that at least with HP (and maybe even Microsoft as the seller) - you have a chance at warranty support.

“Anyone who can only think of one way to spell a word obviously lacks imagination.”
― Mark Twain
Apr 11, 2006
826 posts
818 upvotes
Richmond
daviiiiiid wrote: Got one for work and it runs more than sufficiently even with only 1gb
Huh. Go figure. Do you use Windows Apps, or desktop applications? I have Windows 8.1 running on my PC and after boot up the usage is more than 1 GB already :p I've never seriously used a Windows 8.1 tablet before so I don't know how much RAM is really needed.
Oct 7, 2012
80 posts
88 upvotes
good deal! $10 more off with student discount
Oct 7, 2012
80 posts
88 upvotes
hamhead wrote: yes you're right theres bluetooth, so you can connect a bt mouse while charging from the usb port, but can bt connect both bt mouse and bt keyboard at the same time? i think not.

so still deal breaker

i guess ill go with the chinese tablets that have separate power port, micro usb otg, bt, AND HDMI!!

dude, cheap Chinese product only comes with 16GB storage (this one has 32GB), don't be stupid, and you won't get lag on miracast for video steaming (the lag shows only on operation)

plus warranty support, plus OTA port helps you to connect as many as USB devices you want.
Apr 17, 2006
83 posts
82 upvotes
hamhead wrote: yes you're right theres bluetooth, so you can connect a bt mouse while charging from the usb port, but can bt connect both bt mouse and bt keyboard at the same time? i think not.
Dude, you really got to get your facts straight before posting. I run a bt-keyboard, bt-mouse, and a bt-presentation clicker, all simultaneously at work every day! Yes there is a limit (7), depending on the hosts configuration, but it's definitely more than one.
Mar 17, 2006
48 posts
15 upvotes
Ordered , with Ebates 3% , Paypal 5% and MasterCard Capital One Costco 2% :-)

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2004
1582 posts
35 upvotes
I actually need to buy 10 of these for a commercial use.

Any idea if I can stack the 1 year subscriptions to office 365 so that I have office prepaid for the next 10 years?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2003
4067 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
so close and yet so far. Great CPU, but 1gb of ram is bad. This is enough to run TABLET apps but certainly not full windows apps, i.e. desktop browser with extensions.

Wait for black friday/boxing day people - Baytrail/Snapdragon s4 chip + 2gb ram 8" tablets at ~$100 range will be abound indeed.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
'Sash[DSL wrote:;20605789']so close and yet so far. Great CPU, but 1gb of ram is bad. This is enough to run TABLET apps but certainly not full windows apps, i.e. desktop browser with extensions.

Wait for black friday/boxing day people - Baytrail/Snapdragon s4 chip + 2gb ram 8" tablets at ~$100 range will be abound indeed.
are u sure?? nexus 7 BNIB fhd might be 99$ soon but thats 7inch, i need 8 inch but FAST and cheap
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)