Computers & Electronics

HP Touchpad Thread (Android installation instructions on OP)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2016 11:57 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5010 posts
260 upvotes
Kanata
So, no Chinese language input as well and no apps on that. Anyway, can't complain for the price but too bad I wouldn't be able to buy it for parents because of these language problem though.
killoverme wrote:
Aug 20th, 2011 12:37 pm
i'm updating mine now, but i don't think they do. you can read chinese text though.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5010 posts
260 upvotes
Kanata
How can we use dropbox on it? Also, can we transfer documents from PC to the tablet?
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1137 upvotes
Mississauga East
Another problem!

Was anyone about to get a bluetooth connection with Nokia N8?
My Touchpad does not see my N8 bluetooth
My N8 does not see my Touchpad bluetooth
Dec 17, 2006
271 posts
33 upvotes
Went to futureshop locally and was looking for accessories for my new toy. I read in the Mega thread about Futureshop selling the touchstone changer for half price. Well at my shop they didn't...looked at me crazy when I asked them to check the price. Still sitting at $69.99....and so was the keyboard....

:cry:

will keep looking...

cheers....
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28318 posts
823 upvotes
Am I the only one who got one of these with blacklight bleeding?

And Jubus, is it ever slow to load up a page, like this one! Took about three minutes.
May 23, 2007
547 posts
15 upvotes
Wasteland
zz000ter wrote:
Aug 20th, 2011 1:09 pm
Another problem!

Was anyone about to get a bluetooth connection with Nokia N8?
My Touchpad does not see my N8 bluetooth
My N8 does not see my Touchpad bluetooth

Same here with my Samsung Galaxy Captivate. I think Touchpad is only meant to work with Palm and HP Pre smartphones via Bluetooth.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1137 upvotes
Mississauga East
If it is only meant to work with Palm and HP Pre smartphones via Bluetooth then that is just as stupid as a RIM Playbook needing a Blackberry for connectivity. No wonder this thing died. How stupid is it for HP to expect people to get only Palm and HP Pre phones. I was really looking forward to being able to take advantage of my Mobilicity unlimited data.

Next irritant: The Touchpad doesn’t have extensive codec support and it doesn’t generate thumbnails for videos.

HP Touchpad supports :

HP TouchPad Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
HP TouchPad Audio Formats: DRM-free MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV

I put a few mp4 files into a video directory and Touchpad does not show file names. huh?
Now to encode all videos I want to watch - arrrrgggghhhh

Does anyone know of a good/free mp4 converter?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
6619 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
zz000ter wrote:
Aug 20th, 2011 6:12 pm
If it is only meant to work with Palm and HP Pre smartphones via Bluetooth then that is just as stupid as a RIM Playbook needing a Blackberry for connectivity. No wonder this thing died. How stupid is it for HP to expect people to get only Palm and HP Pre phones. I was really looking forward to being able to take advantage of my Mobilicity unlimited data.

Next irritant: The Touchpad doesn’t have extensive codec support and it doesn’t generate thumbnails for videos.

HP Touchpad supports :

HP TouchPad Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
HP TouchPad Audio Formats: DRM-free MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV

I put a few mp4 files into a video directory and Touchpad does not show file names. huh?
Now to encode all videos I want to watch - arrrrgggghhhh

Does anyone know of a good/free mp4 converter?

KalemSoft Media Player
May 28, 2007
24 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
How do I install ANDROID OS? :confused:

Thanks!
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1137 upvotes
Mississauga East
Is anyone else trying to connect HP Touchpad to a MacBook?

I get paired, I can send files to Touchpad but then can't do much else.
I can't browse the Touchpad from MacBook.
When I try to browse the Touchpad I get a message that says Services not Available.

I can browse my Nokia N8 via Bluetooth from my MackBook
Dec 10, 2007
362 posts
18 upvotes
i installed preware on my touchpad, but i need to find the preware app store? and a movie player and figure out how to load hp movies (file size 4gb or larger) onto it.
Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7451 posts
325 upvotes
Canada
man_alone wrote:
Aug 20th, 2011 4:25 pm
Same here with my Samsung Galaxy Captivate. I think Touchpad is only meant to work with Palm and HP Pre smartphones via Bluetooth.

I've read online some people saying they've had success with mobile wifi hotspots and their Nexus S phones and iP4's.
He died for me, I live for him.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2482 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
How's the keyboard? I saw someone review it and they said it's not good for fast typers, as you can't press more than 2 buttons at a time.

Maybe he didn't update it.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2002
2631 posts
447 upvotes
Wouldn't it be nuts if the user base for webOS explodes so much due to HP blowing out all the Touchpads... to a point where developers actually take notice and decide to start puting some resources into building webOS apps?
How crazy would that be.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2009
1210 posts
148 upvotes
vinh46t wrote:
Aug 20th, 2011 8:38 pm
How do I install ANDROID OS? :confused:

Thanks!

Dream.

-Transcend
Pride.Honour.Respect.Love.