None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
269 upvotes
Kitchener

[Dell] HP W2207H 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor for ~300 YMMV

I bought this monitor after testing a bunch of 22 wide and none of them performed like the NEC I have at work.... which is a $1500 LCD.
I almost gave up on my quest when I saw the HP W2207H .
This monitor even tough is a TN shines among all other , the image is crisp and beautiful and the text is easy to read. It has height adjusting and 90deg rotating base.
The only thing I didn't liked was the price at 349 but I bit the bullet and bought it. After deciding to return the Dell, Asus and Acer.
After paying 395.50 at Staples I used the price comparison search on RFD and ... Tada Buy.com had it for much less , 315.99 minus 5% and with free shipping, FINAL PRICE 300.19+tax=339.1
I went back to Staples, after passing by Futureshop where they denied the PM , and to my surprise they PM'ed and gave me %5 off :
Final price ~334 tax in which is a STEAL for the quality of this monitor.

IMHO even at 339 tax in from Buy.com is a STEAL for the quality and features.

http://www.ca.buy.com/prod/W2207H_LCD_M ... 27924.html
[IMG]http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G ... AJDE_1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://hpshopping.speedera.net/www.shop ... aa_300.jpg[/IMG]

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
It sure has all the bells and whistles:

* HDMI input
* Built-in Speakers
* Built-in USB Ports
* 90* Rotate to Portrait
* Height Adujustable Stand
* Piano black finish...mint

That's a good price (Reg $349+TAX), this model rarely goes on sale. A couple months ago Bestbuy offered $50 trade-in on LCDs and they hid all the W2207H - just had refubs and some RFDers had difficulty getting the manager to honour the $50 credit. Trade in old PC or Monitor for ANY HP computer or LCD...BB sure made it tough.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11435 posts
14708 upvotes
This monitor has a glossy screen which is bad for rooms with lots of lights.
You see a lot of reflections.

And only 1 year warranty compared to 3 yr. for the Samsung brand.
Have a nice day!

Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6188 posts
822 upvotes
The warranty on this bothered me when I was looking around last winter. Virtually every manufacturer has a 3 year warranty on their monitors. But HP, which charges more than just about anybody for this 22" monitor only has 1 year. It did appear to be a beautiful monitor though.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
269 upvotes
Kitchener
Warranty is the "weak" point of these monitors but I preffer that to the fuzzy feeling of 3 years of warranty and a crappy display.

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
look30 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2008 11:55 pm
I bought this monitor after testing a bunch of 22 wide and none of them performed like the NEC I have at work.... which is a $1500 LCD.
you're kinda comparing apples 'n oranges there.

this panel is likely a TN (considering the price) and your $150 NEC one is likely a higher quality non-TN panel
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Dec 29, 2006
628 posts
71 upvotes
For the 90 degree rotation, the base of the stand is larger than other LCDs. Otherwise it is perfect IMO.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
269 upvotes
Kitchener
mahjongmaniac wrote:
Jun 27th, 2008 12:48 pm
you're kinda comparing apples 'n oranges there.

this panel is likely a TN (considering the price) and your $150 NEC one is likely a higher quality non-TN panel
Thank you for explaining it to me......the mahjong's way.

I just wanted to explain the excellent quality of this monitor even tough is a TN has same quality like a VERY high end monitor so I wasn't comparing apples with orange but more like frozen strawberries to fresh picked tropical fruits shipped same day with FedEx for you enjoyment.

Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
24897 posts
2919 upvotes
Hamilton
Beautiful LCD。
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Apr 27, 2005
405 posts
77 upvotes
Montreal
this monitor should also be on sale during the canada day sale for futureshop where it should be $297.49 (15% off of $349.99)
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
The pivot is just a gimmick. Those who have this monitor dont use it much.

With a TN panel and the 90 degree pivoted, 1 side of the screen will appear darker than the other - that is the feature of a TN panel. TN panel after all is designed to be viewed horizontally at a certain angle if you want the colors to look somewhat uniform.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2005
1029 posts
29 upvotes
look30 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2008 11:55 pm
I almost gave up on my quest when I saw the HP W2207H .
This monitor even tough is a TN shines among all other , the image is crisp and beautiful and the text is easy to read. It has height adjusting and 90deg rotating base.
The only thing I didn't liked was the price at 349 but I bit the bullet and bought it. After deciding to return the Dell, Asus and Acer.
After paying 395.50 at Staples I used the price comparison search on RFD and ... Tada Buy.com had it for much less , 315.99 minus 5% and with free shipping, FINAL PRICE 300.19+tax=339.1
I went back to Staples, after passing by Futureshop where they denied the PM , and to my surprise they PM'ed and gave me %5 off :
Final price ~334 tax in which is a STEAL for the quality of this monitor.

IMHO even at 339 tax in from Buy.com is a STEAL for the quality and features.

http://www.ca.buy.com/prod/W2207H_LCD_M ... 27924.html
[IMG]http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G ... AJDE_1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://hpshopping.speedera.net/www.shop ... aa_300.jpg[/IMG]
Theres your problem right there..u shoulda tried samsumg, I've got the entry level 2220WM, and even this units kicks ass. And it comes with speakers, piano black finish..yadda yadda

oh and i grabbed it back in March for $240

[IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/ ... _large.jpg[/IMG]
May 28, 2004
681 posts
53 upvotes
Dirty Sanchez wrote:
Jun 28th, 2008 2:08 am
Theres your problem right there..u shoulda tried samsumg, I've got the entry level 2220WM, and even this units kicks ass. And it comes with speakers, piano black finish..yadda yadda

oh and i grabbed it back in March for $240
More info about samsung? where did you get it?
Thank you