• Sep 2nd, 2019 9:24 am
Tags:
Apr 2, 2004
135 posts
18 upvotes
Burnaby
original wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:46 pm
I needed some Japanese Yen before my trip so that I can have the local currency for getting to hotel from the airport. For the local withdraw in Japan, Stack MasterCard did the trick!

I don't think there is such thing to set the maturity option via online banking with HSBC Canada. I called their customer service a few months before the GIC matures and was told I the system would only open its update about one or two weeks before it matures.
If you fly into any one of the major airports in Japan, you shouldn't have problem finding a 7-11 ATM. 7-11 is also pretty much every where in urban areas of Japan, unless your trip involves somewhere really rural.

Maturity option is there, done it many times before. If you don't change it, the default is to renew.
Sep 6, 2006
28 posts
69 upvotes
satoshi wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 2:03 pm

Maturity option is there, done it many times before. If you don't change it, the default is to renew.
Not for RRSP
Dec 26, 2007
73 posts
15 upvotes
Sorry if i missed this, anyone knows how the interests are paid, monthly or at promotion end? Thank You
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4108 posts
1497 upvotes
Global Village
Sumba wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 2:22 pm
Sorry if i missed this, anyone knows how the interests are paid, monthly or at promotion end? Thank You
Paid monthly.
All day I dream about sports
Sep 7, 2011
53 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Why are there all these savings deals that don't apply to TFSA accounts? Is there some reason that those account are disliked by the banks?
Dec 25, 2013
914 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
micah356 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 3:17 pm
Why are there all these savings deals that don't apply to TFSA accounts? Is there some reason that those account are disliked by the banks?
I think they require more work for them to maintain/ more paper work for them
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4108 posts
1497 upvotes
Global Village
micah356 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 3:17 pm
There are limits to how much you can contribute to a TFSA each year, this promo wants you to deposit as much $ as possible.
All day I dream about sports
Aug 3, 2007
585 posts
257 upvotes
Thanks OP!

+120 days @ 3.00% and no need to beg is good enough for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1228 posts
169 upvotes
Edmonton
Just curious if there are any other 3%+ out there currently besides HSBC? i need to rotate out of current RBC high interest account.

TIA
Jun 26, 2010
563 posts
294 upvotes
Vancouver
satoshi wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 1:34 pm
Especially for those with a HK Premier MC and frequent HK often. There are so many restaurant and promo perks.

Like everything else, one needs to be an informed and savy consumer.
Restaurant perks? Haven't heard about this. I just became a Premier customer last month.
May 2, 2017
262 posts
407 upvotes
Can anyone share exp. Transferring $ from eq to hsbc? Is it free? Easy eft transfers? Free back from hsbc? Just have to confirm after being charged by rbc from transfering eft out. Tia.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1224 posts
1496 upvotes
Toronto :)
How easy is it to transfer money back out of this account? Are there any fees to transfer out back to tangerine after promo period ends?
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
Apr 13, 2017
489 posts
140 upvotes
Guys, its seems more complicated than that. Based on terms , only new balances are eligible. If you already have a checking account, you cannot move that money into HRS account.

Bonus Interest will only be calculated on New Deposits of up to CAD 1,000,000 in your HRSA. This means
both your HRSA Balance and your Total Deposits balance must increase. Bonus Interest will be applied to
the amount by which your HRSA Balance or Total Deposits increased, whichever is lower.
For example:
 If you deposited $3,000 to your HRSA but you withdrew $3,000 from your Chequing account, your Total
Deposits have not increased. Bonus Interest will not apply.
 If you deposited $3,000 to your HRSA and you withdrew $1,000 from your Chequing account, your Total
Deposits increased by $2,000 ($3,000 - $1,000). Bonus Interest applies to $2,000.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4148 posts
1849 upvotes
Seanne wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 7:21 pm
Can anyone share exp. Transferring $ from eq to hsbc? Is it free? Easy eft transfers? Free back from hsbc? Just have to confirm after being charged by rbc from transfering eft out. Tia.
Set up links with micro deposits into HSBC from EQ or Tangerine, you will have to push or pull from those two if you want to deposit or withdraw from HSBC to avoid charges I think
May 2, 2017
262 posts
407 upvotes
mkl38s wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 7:57 pm
Set up links with micro deposits into HSBC from EQ or Tangerine, you will have to push or pull from those two if you want to deposit or withdraw from HSBC to avoid charges I think
I now see that theres a limit of 3 debits on hsbc. Yea its easy to set up from eq or tangerines end, i guess.