Expired Hot Deals

[HSBC] HSBC- Receive up to $700 when you start banking with us.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2020 2:17 am
Oct 7, 2007
158 posts
49 upvotes
Ontario
Is this still on? The link in the OP gives me 404 now.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2162 posts
485 upvotes
Good you are late as I feel that staff at HSBC are extremely constrained by HQ regulations. They have no leeway to make small decisions or exemptions (say wave the 5-day hold on a bank draft) unlike my current banker.
Jan 11, 2017
33 posts
146 upvotes
Has anyone received the bonus or referral $ who signed up in September?
Sep 5, 2014
56 posts
138 upvotes
calgary
I applied in september and got the referral bonus in november. Still waiting for the payroll bonus though
Jul 23, 2008
81 posts
13 upvotes
1094197 wrote: Has anyone received the bonus or referral $ who signed up in September?
I signed up in September, got the refferal bonus but not the $500 Premier Account Opening Bonus or the $100 Payroll Bonus yet...
Apr 23, 2017
494 posts
301 upvotes
Signed up in Aug - got the referral bonus end of Dec, but haven't received the welcome bonus of $500 - Signed up under their newcomer program. If you've received the WB from HSBC, could you post your timeline, so we can estimate when the bonus can be expected to hit the account?

HSBC probably has the worst customer service - no response from my RM, in spite of multiple emails. TIA!
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Jan 14, 2018
45 posts
5 upvotes
yugsekwaf wrote: Signed up in Aug - got the referral bonus end of Dec, but haven't received the welcome bonus of $500 - Signed up under their newcomer program. If you've received the WB from HSBC, could you post your timeline, so we can estimate when the bonus can be expected to hit the account?

HSBC probably has the worst customer service - no response from my RM, in spite of multiple emails. TIA!

lol ya my rm would just hang up on me lol

here is the terms and condition my rm sent me

nowhere it says how much you have to hold for how long

only condition is to have it within thirty days and keep it open

i m just gonna keep bothering the customer relationship people until i receive it, i like being perseverant =)

Premier Welcome Offer
a. Conditions for Eligibility
To be eligible for the Premier Welcome Offer, you and any individual holding the Premier Chequing Account with you
must:
(i) open an Premier Chequing Account in the Offer Period, which must be in good standing for the Premier
Welcome Offer to be paid;
(ii) hold a minimum of $25,000 CAD in Total Relationship Balance with HSBC within thirty (30) calendar days
of chequing account opening;
(iii) be a New HSBC Customer
(iv) register for HSBC Online Banking within thirty (30) calendar days of account opening; and
(v) comply with all relevant terms and conditions for products you open with HSBC.
b. Fulfilment
(i) The Premier Welcome Offer will be paid into your Premier Chequing Account within six (6) months after
meeting the Premier Welcome Offer criteria set out in section 1(a).
(ii) For joint accounts, a maximum of one bonus will be paid per Offer. For each customer, a maximum of one
bonus will be paid per Offer.

c. Clawback
(i) The Premier Welcome Offer is subject to the condition that the Premier Chequing Account must remain
open, and be in good standing for at least one (1) year after the end of the month during which the
Premier Welcome Offer is received.
(ii) If you fail to meet the condition above, you will be obligated to repay the full amount of the Premier
Welcome Offer to HSBC. We may withdraw the full amount of the Premier Welcome Offer from your
Premier Chequing Account or any account you have with HSBC or send you a demand to repay the full
value of the Premier Welcome Offer to us within one (1) month.

d. To be eligible for the Premier Welcome Offer, at least one of the individuals holding the Premier Chequing Account
must be of age of majority in his or her province of residence
Nov 26, 2014
836 posts
478 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got my referral bonus on September 2019. Why am I still not receiving my $300 in 2020 Feb? Anyone got it yet?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1085 posts
261 upvotes
Winnipeg
EZSAVE wrote: Got my referral bonus on September 2019. Why am I still not receiving my $300 in 2020 Feb? Anyone got it yet?

The terms and conditions say you should see the $300 6 months after you meet the requirements ... of opening a chequing account and depositing $5,000 with HSBC. I completed that in mid November so I will look for the $300 to be deposited in mid May.

b. Fulfilment
(i) The Advance Welcome Offer will be paid into your Advance Chequing Account within six (6) months after
meeting the Advance Welcome Offer criteria set out in Section 2 (a).
Feb 13, 2020
2 posts
2 upvotes
I signed up during first week of Dec 2019, received the referral bonus within that month, and just received my welcome bonus exactly 2 months after the opening.
I still don't know how long I have to keep my minimum deposit of $10,000 there. If someone has moved their deposit to another bank within the first year pls share your experience.
Mar 1, 2007
121 posts
28 upvotes
Hi guys,

Here is the summary of mine.

Account opened on Sept 24, 2019
First Deposit on Oct 1 , 2019
First payroll on 3rd week of Oct, 2019
STEP Bonus of $350 on Mid Nov, 2019
Welcome bonus $500 received on Feb 18, 2020

hope this helps and give an idea when to expect your Welcome bonus.
Aug 22, 2012
91 posts
77 upvotes
Opened the Advanced account

Account opened on Sept 08, 2019
First Deposit on Sept 10th 2019 of the minimum 5k
First payroll on deposited Sept 20th 2019
STEP Bonus/Referral Oct 23rd 2019
Payroll Bonus November 11th 2019
Welcome bonus of $300 received on Feb 21st 2020 ~5 months in

Easy $500 but now looking at options to keep 5k there for 1year at the best rates, maybe a GIC to avoid clawback
Feb 13, 2020
2 posts
2 upvotes
lunchboxofficer wrote: I signed up during first week of Dec 2019, received the referral bonus within that month, and just received my welcome bonus exactly 2 months after the opening.
I still don't know how long I have to keep my minimum deposit of $10,000 there. If someone has moved their deposit to another bank within the first year pls share your experience.
So I called their Customer Service number and got confirmed by the rep that
(1) I'm safe to move my 10k somewhere else now that I've received my Welcome Bonus, without getting fined
(2) I can only close my account after 1 year of account opening
(3) as it's part of the Newcomer program, my banking fee is waved for the first year which means I can have $0 daily closing balance
Jan 11, 2017
33 posts
146 upvotes
Is it normal to get the $300 bonus before the $100 referral? Its been 5 months and got my $300 bonus but no referal for some reason
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6161 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
any idea when the next new account offer will be?