Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
HSBC

HSBC World Elite Mastercard, FYF, 40K in Pts >$3k Spend, No ForEx Fee, $100 Travel Credit

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 10:22 am
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3803 posts
4164 upvotes
Mordor

[HSBC] HSBC World Elite Mastercard, FYF, 40K in Pts >$3k Spend, No ForEx Fee, $100 Travel Credit

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 9, 2020
Retailer:
HSBC
More offers from HSBC
HSBC finally has the FYF deal back.

- FYF ($149 value)
- 20k pts. after activation or first purchase (worth $100 in travel rewards)
- 20k pts. after $3000 spending in first 90 days
- $100 travel credit
- No foreign transaction fee (no 2.5% fee)

Quebecers:
- 20k pts. after activation or first purchase
- 50k for just keeping the card open and active for 90 days
104 replies
Oct 21, 2018
150 posts
340 upvotes
Too bad it doesn't support Google Pay.
Jul 14, 2014
186 posts
478 upvotes
Markham
And too bad 20,000 points = $100 only
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5656 posts
9601 upvotes
BC
Been using my Stack MasterCard for my travels. No foreign exchange fees, ATM fees or annual fee.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
peakingduck wrote: Been using my Stack MasterCard for my travels. No foreign exchange fees, ATM fees or annual fee.
What’s that got to do with this offer?
Dec 26, 2007
604 posts
377 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know what the $100 travel credit can be used for? I heard it works to upgrade airplane seats and buy lounge pass, not sure what else...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
Legatinho wrote: Does anyone know what the $100 travel credit can be used for? I heard it works to upgrade airplane seats and buy lounge pass, not sure what else...
Baggage fee
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2811 posts
3875 upvotes
That’s it $100 credit ? Kinda lame, no?
Aug 27, 2009
347 posts
238 upvotes
Legatinho wrote: Does anyone know what the $100 travel credit can be used for? I heard it works to upgrade airplane seats and buy lounge pass, not sure what else...
Airline tickets.
Oct 13, 2017
246 posts
444 upvotes
Halifax
From their website list: https://rewards.hsbc.ca/en-CA/Travel/TravelLogin

To redeem Points for a credit to your HSBC Mastercard Account, you must be enrolled in the HSBC Rewards Program and your HSBC Mastercard Account must be in good standing.
You can redeem Points for a credit to your HSBC Mastercard Account when you make a purchase of airline tickets, vacation packages, car rentals, hotels, cruises, rail tickets and tours with your HSBC Mastercard if you are enrolled in the Rewards Program at the time of the eligible travel purchase.
You can only submit one redemption request with respect to an eligible travel purchase.
You must redeem Points for a credit within 60 days of the eligible travel purchase transaction date and after the charge has been posted to your HSBC Mastercard Account. Evidence of purchase may be required.
You can redeem the Points available on the date of redemption in accordance with the Redemption Schedule in effect at the time of redemption.
The number of Points you can redeem with respect to an eligible travel purchase is subject to a minimum and the number of Points can only be greater than the minimum by specified increments of Points.
The statement credit will appear on your monthly HSBC Mastercard account statement within the next two billing periods. A request for statement credit is final and cannot be reversed.
Points can only be redeemed for a statement credit up to the amount of the eligible travel purchases charged to your HSBC Mastercard Account. Any charges to your Account that are not covered by the available statement credit will remain on the Account and you will continue to be responsible for payment of that remaining amount.
Redemption Schedule is subject to change at any time without notice.
All Terms and Conditions of the HSBC Rewards Program apply.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
$100 annual travel enhancement credit77 View footnote 7
Redeemable towards select airline seat upgrades, airline baggage fees and airport lounge passes.

Don’t confuse with the additional points awarded that you can use for all travel purchases. This is in the link in OP.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9869 posts
1912 upvotes
TO
I remember having their cc back in 2015… boy do they make you jump through hoops. I had to fax it or mail my travel essentials to redeem$100. Also they have tiers for redemption. It's not as easy as to use 20k to write off$100 of travel. Read their terms carefully.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
3021 posts
1533 upvotes
Burnaby
SammyDavis wrote: $100 annual travel enhancement credit77 View footnote 7
Redeemable towards select airline seat upgrades, airline baggage fees and airport lounge passes.

Don’t confuse with the additional points awarded that you can use for all travel purchases. This is in the link in OP.
YMMV until its fixed, but you can usually redeem against airfare. 2 major annoyances with this card are that you have to redeem within 60 days of eligible travel purchase and the redemptions against travel purchases start at 25k points and in increments of 10k after that so keep that in mind otherwise you will have points that are junk and you cant redeem.
Feb 25, 2013
174 posts
161 upvotes
Vancouver
Applied for this last year. The travel credit was simple to claim as long as it meets their requirements.
For the longest time it showed ferry tickets as something that I could click to claim but it won't let me redeem. And then I booked hotel through Groupon travels and it let me apply the credit.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2681 posts
1732 upvotes
Home
swifire wrote: Applied for this last year. The travel credit was simple to claim as long as it meets their requirements.
For the longest time it showed ferry tickets as something that I could click to claim but it won't let me redeem. And then I booked hotel through Groupon travels and it let me apply the credit.
Yup, Ferry's don't work. I tried to call it in, they can't do it.
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12708 posts
6222 upvotes
simplypop wrote: That’s it $100 credit ? Kinda lame, no?
NBC gives you $250 in travel credit (parking, seat upgrade and baggage). Some may complain they make you jump through the hoops with them. I have done it three or 4 times without an issue.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2019
1104 posts
1244 upvotes
HSBC is one of the worst banks I have ever dealt with...
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
3271 posts
5842 upvotes
Toronto
SCOPster wrote: HSBC is one of the worst banks I have ever dealt with...
I don't like dealing with their branch, but in terms of online chatting, getting promised rewards from signing up and spending, HSBC is pretty good.
Jun 26, 2010
912 posts
680 upvotes
Vancouver
TorontoEh wrote: I remember having their cc back in 2015… boy do they make you jump through hoops. I had to fax it or mail my travel essentials to redeem$100. Also they have tiers for redemption. It's not as easy as to use 20k to write off$100 of travel. Read their terms carefully.
They've come along way from this. You don't need to mail or fax anything in. Their system automatically identifies travel purchases and it's up to you to decide which expenses to redeem your credit against.
If anything, the system often mis-identifies expenses and allows you to redeem credits against expenses when you're not supposed to.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)