• Dec 5th, 2018 5:26 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jun 15, 2018
3 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
Same here! Don't see any value from the investment service they provide, as from any other private banking service either, not a comment specific to HSBC Jade. Older and not willing to deal anymore with my money, it could be an option I suppose.
Dec 27, 2017
146 posts
50 upvotes
Ontario
a3hs83hs wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 11:05 am
Same here! Don't see any value from the investment service they provide, as from any other private banking service either, not a comment specific to HSBC Jade. Older and not willing to deal anymore with my money, it could be an option I suppose.
Agreed - I wasn't suggesting it is just their managed investment service that I don't see value in. I don't see the value in paying those fees to anyone. :)

My guess it is helpful for those with sudden inheritances that don't know what to do with it though.
Apr 14, 2006
91 posts
20 upvotes
St Johns
HSBC premier client here... curious why do you bank with them other than having the ability to have accounts in other countries?
May 11, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
tradinghumble wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 4:09 pm
HSBC premier client here... curious why do you bank with them other than having the ability to have accounts in other countries?
That's my only reason. I have HK and USA accounts and credit cards and find value in that. Otherwise, I find one bank to be little different from the next.
Mar 23, 2009
313 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
I like the multiple country accounts, having a cc in each country I have setup. I like that their loc is tied to your Chequing so acts like a lower interest overdraft and so I don't have to worry about having enough money in there to cover bills. I like the 2 factor authentication for online banking, especially in light of recent bank compromises (simplii, bmo).
Dec 27, 2017
146 posts
50 upvotes
Ontario
tradinghumble wrote:
The ability to do quick and "free" international transfers and transactions easily is a biggest part of it. Another big part is the quality of service from my RM. If they ever figured out a way to use their large footprint of premier clubs, etc. to offer true meeting spaces in all their major branches to be used for business meetings when in different areas - like a hotel lounge type deal, that would be a kicker. They used to promise something like that - but never delivered.

On the Jade product, they gave Ethiad Gold. If they gave a more useful travel perk like that type of status with something like Air Canada or Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines or BA, that would be beneficial too.
Apr 14, 2006
91 posts
20 upvotes
St Johns
Thanks I don’t need accounts in other countries or fly Etihiad, only thing holding me with HSBC P is the fact that I don’t pay any fees and the MasterCard is good for points and I can use at Costco
Dec 27, 2017
146 posts
50 upvotes
Ontario
tradinghumble wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 8:47 pm
Thanks I don’t need accounts in other countries or fly Etihiad, only thing holding me with HSBC P is the fact that I don’t pay any fees and the MasterCard is good for points and I can use at Costco
If that's the case, you likely should just get one of the free online banking accounts and get a good Mastercard that gives useful points. RFD is filled with lots of other suggestions besides HSBC that do both of those well.
Sep 22, 2005
571 posts
68 upvotes
BC
tradinghumble wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 8:47 pm
I don't need accounts in other countries either, and I think Etihad gold membership is gone now.
What I like about hsbc is apple pay so paying at costco is like a breeze(below 200), no FX charges is also a big plus.
Oct 28, 2013
4 posts
5 upvotes
Ontario
Question for HSBC clients: are you and your partner both able to review joint credit card statements online?

My wife and I are (were?) moving our accounts over to HSBC and we signed up for a joint jade mastercard. I am the primary user, and she is listed as the secondary user. I can see our credit card transactions online, but the card does not appear on her online banking profile. We tried calling customer service, but the rep was... less than helpful. We have the same credit card setup at TD (I am also the primary user and she is the secondary user) and we are both able to see the card and associated transactions, as well as make transfers, on our respective online banking profiles. This all seems pretty basic...
Dec 27, 2017
146 posts
50 upvotes
Ontario
saturna wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 12:59 am
Question for HSBC clients: are you and your partner both able to review joint credit card statements online?

My wife and I are (were?) moving our accounts over to HSBC and we signed up for a joint jade mastercard. I am the primary user, and she is listed as the secondary user. I can see our credit card transactions online, but the card does not appear on her online banking profile. We tried calling customer service, but the rep was... less than helpful. We have the same credit card setup at TD (I am also the primary user and she is the secondary user) and we are both able to see the card and associated transactions, as well as make transfers, on our respective online banking profiles. This all seems pretty basic...
We see any accounts that are joint on both logins, and individually titled accounts only show up for us with the primary account holder. For the joint accounts we can make transfers through both logins. We didn't set up the Mastercard that way, so it only appears in the primary account. As I recall when they set up the joint display of joint accounts (the RM did it) they had to go into some additional backend system to properly link the accounts as they didn't appear at first. When they did that it ended up treating all of the joint accounts as different, in that they can't be placed onto the composite statement and are issued separately. Haven't looked into changing that anytime recently though, so I don't know what the options are nowadays. I'd suggest raising the issue with your RM and hopefully they can get it resolved by getting the accounts properly coded in the backend.
Dec 27, 2017
146 posts
50 upvotes
Ontario
a3hs83hs wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 8:45 am
Check with your RM because my RM gave me a new Investdirect phone number and it is different than the Premier one, and the new phone number was not included in the documentation of the new debit card. For now, my first call was answered in a few seconds and the agent seem to be less stressed and take more time to explain stuff. For now, the best (only real?) perk with Jade. I had so many bad experiences with the Premier priority line, calling from abroad and waiting for 30, 40 minutes... Never use emails to contact them for security reasons. No change for the Mastercard phone number though.
Thank you for this. I did get a new phone number for the HSBC Investdirect Jade line from my RM. Calling it the recording says it is the Jade line, and there was about a 5 second delay to get connected to an agent when I tested it. Nice!
Oct 28, 2013
4 posts
5 upvotes
Ontario
Optimizer88 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2018 11:40 am
We see any accounts that are joint on both logins, and individually titled accounts only show up for us with the primary account holder. For the joint accounts we can make transfers through both logins. We didn't set up the Mastercard that way, so it only appears in the primary account. As I recall when they set up the joint display of joint accounts (the RM did it) they had to go into some additional backend system to properly link the accounts as they didn't appear at first. When they did that it ended up treating all of the joint accounts as different, in that they can't be placed onto the composite statement and are issued separately. Haven't looked into changing that anytime recently though, so I don't know what the options are nowadays. I'd suggest raising the issue with your RM and hopefully they can get it resolved by getting the accounts properly coded in the backend.
Many thanks - I will followup with my RM
Mar 23, 2004
37195 posts
3712 upvotes
Markham
tradinghumble wrote:
That's the only reason I am still with them.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Jul 7, 2012
256 posts
40 upvotes
Kanata
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 2:10 am
That's the only reason I am still with them.
Ditto - I am actually looking at the real value since there are options to transfer money internationally at a more controllable cost (thinking transferwise).