Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2017
146 posts
50 upvotes
Ontario
pedanticus wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2018 3:32 pm
For anyone who’s upgraded an existing account to Jade, did your chequing/savings account numbers stay the same? I’d guess the MasterCard number would change, but not the bank accounts? Can anyone confirm?
That is correct. The chequing and savings account numbers stayed the same, but the Mastercard number changed. Investdirect account numbers all remained the same as well.
Dec 3, 2003
190 posts
25 upvotes
Does anyone have a RM in Toronto they would recommend? I'm intrigued by the offerings including the WE MC and lower mortgage rates available to Premier/Advance as I build my real estate portfolio. I have a good mortgage broker but I understand HSBC operates outside broker channels.

I can call the main line to set up an appointment but the Google reviews of branches in the Financial District and Chinatown are concerning... would prefer to connect with someone who knows what they're doing instead of randomly walking into a branch! Feel free to PM or post in the thread (assuming that doesn't violate any rules).

Much appreciated!
Mar 26, 2018
17 posts
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask how does the premier account compare to other banks such as CIBC imperial account?
Are there any comparable bank accounts such as the premier? Thank you!
Mar 26, 2018
17 posts
CR7777 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 10:38 am
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask how does the premier account compare to other banks such as CIBC imperial account?
Hi any updates on this please?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4993 posts
645 upvotes
Ottawa
CR7777 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 1:41 pm
Hi any updates on this please?
no, the premier is very unique and offer certain services which the big 5/6 don't offer for "free" ...

depending on yr needs, i think it may be "cheaper" over the long run to sign up with cibc ... unless there is a specific service which only hsbc can provide for free or otherwise ...
Mar 26, 2018
17 posts
Thank you for the information. I'm trying to figure out which banks offer similar accounts such as HSBC premier.
It seems to me that BMO and RBC do not have such offering as HSBC. It's either private banking or just regular accounts.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
4993 posts
645 upvotes
Ottawa
CR7777 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 2:30 pm
Thank you for the information. I'm trying to figure out which banks offer similar accounts such as HSBC premier.
It seems to me that BMO and RBC do not have such offering as HSBC. It's either private banking or just regular accounts.
whats specific services or features you are looking for iima ?
Aug 2, 2018
53 posts
48 upvotes
CR7777 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 10:38 am
Hi everyone,

if I have 100k, I would definitely go for hsbc. CIBC imperial doesn't give u free bank draft unless u have their vip chequing account. But for the vip account you either pay $30 a month or put $5000 as a hostage. HSBC... u have $1 in your chequing, as long as u have 100k overall, u r good.
Oct 27, 2012
279 posts
71 upvotes
GTA
I just noticed that HSBC added a new qualification category for Premier. You can now get it with a $6,500/month income deposit, with proof of $100,000 in deposits/investments in Canada with any other bank.

Maybe now I can switch out of the craptastic InvestDirect to Questrade and just move my payroll over!
Aug 2, 2018
53 posts
48 upvotes
ozzie16 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 9:42 pm
I just noticed that HSBC added a new qualification category for Premier. You can now get it with a $6,500/month income deposit, with proof of $100,000 in deposits/investments in Canada with any other bank.

Maybe now I can switch out of the craptastic InvestDirect to Questrade and just move my payroll over!
Yes, you would qualify, but you will have to keep at least $100k with HSBC to "maintain".
Apr 2, 2004
128 posts
9 upvotes
Burnaby
goingaround1 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 12:45 am
Yes, you would qualify, but you will have to keep at least $100k with HSBC to "maintain".
Chequing Accounts
Statement of Disclosure

In order to qualify for HSBC Premier you must have an active HSBC Premier chequing account, and meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:

• Total Relationship Balance of $100,000 (CAD) or more, or
• Total Mortgage Amount of $500,000 (CAD) or more, or
• Total Monthly Income Deposit of $6,500 (CAD) or more plus confirmation of $100,000 or more in deposits and/or investments in Canada

I can see how it can be confusing, as it doesn't specifically state whether the deposits and/or investments have to be held through HSBC.

I would say probably best to check with a RM or the bank directly on whether the $100,000 deposits and/or investments in Canada can be held at ANY financial institute within Canada.

Seems like qualification for Jade has been revised as well...

HSBC Jade

Eligibility criteria
HSBC Jade is available to you if:

You maintain personal deposits & investments of $1,000,000 with us, OR
You hold with us a combination of a personal mortgage with an original amount of $1,500,000 or more and personal deposits & investments of $500,000.
Apr 13, 2017
237 posts
41 upvotes
This 6500 deposit - can this be joint income deposit ?

Also, is it possible to convert from single to joint account ?
Nov 10, 2018
125 posts
48 upvotes
satoshi wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 3:00 am
• Total Monthly Income Deposit of $6,500 (CAD) or more plus confirmation of $100,000 or more in deposits and/or investments in Canada
Devaluing Premier even more. That's not even that much money, especially if joint deposits count
May 1, 2015
486 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto, ON
straysheepie wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 3:09 pm
Does anyone have a RM in Toronto they would recommend? I'm intrigued by the offerings including the WE MC and lower mortgage rates available to Premier/Advance as I build my real estate portfolio. I have a good mortgage broker but I understand HSBC operates outside broker channels.

I can call the main line to set up an appointment but the Google reviews of branches in the Financial District and Chinatown are concerning... would prefer to connect with someone who knows what they're doing instead of randomly walking into a branch! Feel free to PM or post in the thread (assuming that doesn't violate any rules).

Much appreciated!
PM me, I can put you in touch with my RM.
If you did not switch to the $60 10GB plan when everyone else did you are not a true RFD'er 😝
Running successful Spotify group buy since June 2018
Running successful Netflix group buy since Dec 2017