• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2017 12:50 am
Tags:
None
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3288 upvotes
Markham
I ordered a new debit card at the end of Sept, and it was mailed on Oct 2nd per my RM. 3 weeks later, still not here. Hoping I will get it before Nov comes, but i really doubt it. UGH.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Oct 4, 2006
228 posts
33 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 7:20 pm
I ordered a new debit card at the end of Sept, and it was mailed on Oct 2nd per my RM. 3 weeks later, still not here. Hoping I will get it before Nov comes, but i really doubt it. UGH.
You have a much better RM than me. Mine just got back from mat leave and I had to go into the branch to sign paper work for my upgrade for the mastercard. I also haven't talked to her in almost 2 years now since she was on mat leave, came back then went in mat leave again like 10 months after that.
Oct 27, 2012
252 posts
51 upvotes
GTA
Well that's better than my RM, who I am not on speaking terms with anymore after that spat I had with them last year. I just call telephone banking or the branch manager when I need anything done (the answer is always no anyways.)
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3288 upvotes
Markham
Yannerd wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 5:45 pm
You have a much better RM than me. Mine just got back from mat leave and I had to go into the branch to sign paper work for my upgrade for the mastercard. I also haven't talked to her in almost 2 years now since she was on mat leave, came back then went in mat leave again like 10 months after that.
Well mine is a new RM, so she will probably be more enthusiastic until a few months later. And i still DO NOT have my new debit card. Wish they can just bloody courier it to me.
ozzie16 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 5:57 am
Well that's better than my RM, who I am not on speaking terms with anymore after that spat I had with them last year. I just call telephone banking or the branch manager when I need anything done (the answer is always no anyways.)
You should change branches. I live near the Peachtree one, but the branch i deal with is in sauga.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Oct 28, 2017
4 posts
just upgraded from advance to premier. it took nearly 3 weeks to show the change in the chequing account but the savings is still advance.
will there be a lag to have savings upgraded too? my MC is also still showing advanced only
still don't have any new cards in the mail.
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3288 upvotes
Markham
Finally go the HSBC China PIN in the mail...after 4 months of fighting with IBC/HSBC China. Now if the card can come ASAP i would really appreciate it...

But my new HSBC Canada atm card still has not arrived, and it's been a whole month already. Oh HSBC :facepalm:
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Dec 5, 2016
173 posts
137 upvotes
Vancouver
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 7:26 pm
Finally go the HSBC China PIN in the mail...after 4 months of fighting with IBC/HSBC China. Now if the card can come ASAP i would really appreciate it...

But my new HSBC Canada atm card still has not arrived, and it's been a whole month already. Oh HSBC :facepalm:

sorry for not following the earlier posts, but you CAN open HSBC China in Canada, correct? I'm with Premier but no RM. and the premium banker has been giving me false info?
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3288 upvotes
Markham
NikL636 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 12:35 am
sorry for not following the earlier posts, but you CAN open HSBC China in Canada, correct? I'm with Premier but no RM. and the premium banker has been giving me false info?
Yes you can, it all depends if IBC lets you or not.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Dec 5, 2016
173 posts
137 upvotes
Vancouver
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 1:01 am
Yes you can, it all depends if IBC lets you or not.
Do u mind if you could clarify a bit more - in what scenarios would they say no? I was inquiring and the premium banker immediately said no.
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3288 upvotes
Markham
NikL636 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 1:04 am
Do u mind if you could clarify a bit more - in what scenarios would they say no? I was inquiring and the premium banker immediately said no.
Not sure, but ppl have said they have refused to open accounts if IBC deems the reason to be insufficient.

Who is this premium banker? I thought it's your RM but you said you dont have one.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3703 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 4:19 pm
Not sure, but ppl have said they have refused to open accounts if IBC deems the reason to be insufficient.

Who is this premium banker? I thought it's your RM but you said you dont have one.
premium banker is 1 level down from premier RM ... LoL ...
when my RM went on leave, she delegated to a premium banker ...

anyway, the RM is not going to open foreign bank account for you ...
you have to do it yrself via the IBC ... ie., you need to contact the IBC yrself ... not yr RM ...

once you contact the IBC, they will get yr profile and determine whether they can open the account for you ...

for example, i have tried to open bank account in the US ... they asked me a few questions ... then said insufficient reason to open the account ...
but i was able to open other accounts in other countries where they think i have sufficient reasons to open them ... :)
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3288 upvotes
Markham
ValueHunter999 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 4:27 pm
premium banker is 1 level down from premier RM ... LoL ...
when my RM went on leave, she delegated to a premium banker ...
Oh, they call it Premier Officer here for some reason, that's the RM's assistant basically.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
3703 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 4:31 pm
Oh, they call it Premier Officer here for some reason, that's the RM's assistant basically.
yes, ... iirc ... he reported to her (my rm) ...
ooma home phone
1x fongo
2x Telus prepaid plan
1x Zoomer $36 plan
2x koodo $30 plan, 2x koodo $28
Dec 5, 2016
173 posts
137 upvotes
Vancouver
angel_wing0 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 4:19 pm

A premium banker is the account manager that helps clients other than premier clients. I opened my premier with a PB. I asked her if she will refer me to a RM, she said no she can help me.

However, she did everything wrong to my account: 1. I asked for US anc Cdn cheque and she never ordered for me; 2. She never ordered me premier debit card and I was on temp card for months; 3. She had my account charged monthly fee for the first month (first 6 months fee waived it should be, as in their fees disclosure book); 4. She wrongly put an initial "G" in my middle name on my MasterCard - the thing is that I do not have a middle name at all!!! I contacted MasterCard and they cannot make a correction. She named me an initial, which my mother didn't!

She should feel lucky I didn't file a formal complaint, and I didn't quit HSBC.

I'd like to have a RM now, but seems hard to find a decent one these days.
Mar 23, 2004
36357 posts
3288 upvotes
Markham
^ i would change my branch right away if I met a useless Premier Officer like that.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Snuupy