Personal Finance

HSBC promo (upto $600 for new clients, requires mimimum $5,000 balance, direct deposit, credit card application/rewards)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2018 9:25 pm
May 19, 2015
672 posts
243 upvotes
projector wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 7:05 pm
Nice. I contacted support today about the lack of payroll bonus (cause I was pretty sure that being told to wait a 4th month was bullshit), sure enough I got a different answer. I was given an apology and told it was being sent to the backend to investigate. If I don't receive it within 3-5 days, I'm to contact support again. I inquired about Step bonuses as well. I was told to wait 3 months. I explained "the same 3 months that my payroll deposit bonus was supposed to arrive within, but didn't?". A few hours later, the step bonuses I was waiting for arrived. Still waiting for that elusive payroll bonus.......
I've been waiting for a call back since beginning of this week... I'm getting seriously irritated with the missing step bonus. Going to escalate with a supervisor next time I call. Such bs.
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Sep 10, 2015
231 posts
67 upvotes
Edmonton, AB T6X 1B7
I used my HSBC WE card to pay for an Air Canada ticket. When I went to the reward site, I was able to use my Travel Enhancement Credit of $100 towards this ticket. After my $100 was credited, I was able to use my points towards payment on that same ticket!
Jul 6, 2017
25 posts
16 upvotes
Québec
Just an update on my HSBC bonuses.

Opened account on October 16th
First payroll deposit: October 25th
Referal bonus: November 6th
Payroll bonus: December 5th
Welcome bonus: December 6th

That's pretty much it.
[OP]
Jun 1, 2015
156 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary, AB
So anyone stop their direct deposit after getting the $100 payroll bonus, care to report back if the $100 was clawed back etc?
Sep 10, 2015
231 posts
67 upvotes
Edmonton, AB T6X 1B7
I think they've hooked me as a regular customer! Astonished Face I've started using their credit card for at least 50% of my purchases, so that payroll deposit comes in handy for my card payments. What little there is left after all my bills have been paid have just been transferred to my better than nothing savings account. Their e-transfer limit is $5k each time so I'll e-transfer as I want to other investments. The last transfer is to Tangerine for a GIC so it's just 5 minutes in front of the computer as I've linked the 2 accounts already. If it wasn't for the fact that HSBC GIC rates are so much lower than Tangerine, I would have used HSBC for that too!
Jul 25, 2018
190 posts
58 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
nerdqc wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 6:17 pm
Just an update on my HSBC bonuses.

Opened account on October 16th
First payroll deposit: October 25th
Referal bonus: November 6th
Payroll bonus: December 5th
Welcome bonus: December 6th

That's pretty much it.
Wow. Congratulations. This is like best case scenario.
Apr 13, 2017
250 posts
42 upvotes
After depositing the 5k, can I purchase gic same day? Or 5k has to be in checking account for atleast 1 business day to earn the welcome bonus ?
Jul 25, 2018
190 posts
58 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
headleygrange wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 8:09 am
After depositing the 5k, can I purchase gic same day? Or 5k has to be in checking account for atleast 1 business day to earn the welcome bonus ?
Same day is fine. I brought $5,000 cash with me to my appointment and deposited and moved it into the TFSA GIC immediately.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3175 posts
1002 upvotes
Global Village
headleygrange wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 8:09 am
There is a 4 business day hold on deposits, you can avoid it by using cash or Interac E-transfers.
All day I dream about sports
Apr 13, 2016
77 posts
19 upvotes
so i'm assuming this offer hasn't been renewed past dec 1?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2008 posts
186 upvotes
North Vancouver
Be careful though, I recently join HSBC aiming for this new customer offer, HSBC approved everything for me then send me a email cancel all of them 5 days later, said it's due to back in 2011 they closed my account for too much cash transactions.......I know we have a account been closed by HSBC before but thought it was under my wife's name, who's gonna remember all this and HSBC don't have any warning during application, in the end I wasted 3 hours and 1 credit check for nothing.
May 19, 2015
672 posts
243 upvotes
I must say HSBC is THE shittiest, unorganized, rude and incompetent bank I have ever had to deal with. This is considering I’ve dealt with scotiabank and BMO before. Been on and off hold for over 1.5 hrs and no one can figure out why bonuses aren’t applying properly. The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing because branches don’t communicate with a central system and branches are incompetent.

I can’t wait until I can close this account.

Sign on for the bonus if it temps you but don’t count on getting all of it.

Jul 25, 2018
190 posts
58 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
SignedA wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 7:21 pm
I must say HSBC is THE shittiest, unorganized, rude and incompetent bank I have ever had to deal with. This is considering I’ve dealt with scotiabank and BMO before. Been on and off hold for over 1.5 hrs and no one can figure out why bonuses aren’t applying properly. The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing because branches don’t communicate with a central system and branches are incompetent.

I can’t wait until I can close this account.

Sign on for the bonus if it temps you but don’t count on getting all of it.
Yeah, I don't think they were really equipped to handle this promotion. I'm not trying to give them a break, just makes me wonder why they thought they could be so ambitious. I mean, I shouldn't be terribly surprised, there are two branches in my entire city.
As long as I get my money, I guess I'll be happy. They shouldn't expect to keep me as a customer for the effort I've had to put in though....

But goddamn if that HSBC WE MC doesn't look absolutely gorgeous.....
May 19, 2015
672 posts
243 upvotes
projector wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 7:36 pm
Yeah, I don't think they were really equipped to handle this promotion. I'm not trying to give them a break, just makes me wonder why they thought they could be so ambitious. I mean, I shouldn't be terribly surprised, there are two branches in my entire city.
As long as I get my money, I guess I'll be happy. They shouldn't expect to keep me as a customer for the effort I've had to put in though....

But goddamn if that HSBC WE MC doesn't look absolutely gorgeous.....
But like how is this ambitious? This should all be automated...
5k within 30 days (Y or N)
Y = $300
N = $0

Referral = $100 when conditions met (Y or N) etc etc

Like why isn't there an electronic file so they can go - oh yes I see you referred 2 people - expect your $100 x 2 by Y date as per T&C. Instead it's like, let me contact x branch and y branch and wait for them to call you (if they ever get their $h!t together).

What's so good about the WE MC? Family member got offered it but idk if its worth it - I mean FYF but afterwards? Should they upgrade to it? Only 20k in points, the other 55k you need to spend over 10k on the card.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

headleygrange