Personal Finance

HSBC promo (upto $600 for new clients, requires mimimum $5,000 balance, direct deposit, credit card application/rewards)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2020 4:37 pm
Nov 25, 2003
716 posts
449 upvotes
BC [what me worry?]
mkl38s wrote: opened the advance account late August and deposited $5K too. Still no $300 bonus even today. has anyone else received the bonus yet?
OPs post said three months after opening account.

late Aug - late Sep.....1
late Sep - late Oct......2

You should expect to receive your bonus sometime in November.
I've been away for a while....
Banned
Mar 13, 2017
332 posts
60 upvotes
Anyone receive the $100 for their direct deposit bonus yet? If so, how long does it take and how many direct deposit payments are required within your first 3 months? Is 1 enough?
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
beatles89 wrote: Anyone receive the $100 for their direct deposit bonus yet? If so, how long does it take and how many direct deposit payments are required within your first 3 months? Is 1 enough?
Have not received it yet. Should have it by November 23rd. I've checked with customer service several times. They've told me that it takes the full 3 months. I've only had 3 payments paid from my place of work and those were in the span of two days.
I've been told I qualified.
Banned
Mar 13, 2017
332 posts
60 upvotes
projector wrote: Have not received it yet. Should have it by November 23rd. I've checked with customer service several times. They've told me that it takes the full 3 months. I've only had 3 payments paid from my place of work and those were in the span of two days.
I've been told I qualified.
Great. Will probably only get 2 pays in there myself so hopefully that's okay.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1534 posts
406 upvotes
beatles89 wrote: Anyone receive the $100 for their direct deposit bonus yet? If so, how long does it take and how many direct deposit payments are required within your first 3 months? Is 1 enough?
I received "Transfer XXXXXXXX STEP Bonus" $100 in the advance chequing account right after my payroll direct deposit came in, so i think it is direct deposit bonus, not referral bonus.
Also I chatted with HSBC agent and after checking with management he said direct deposit must be kept going for a full year although he acknowleged that it was not clearly stated in the T & C. So it is a grey area, I guess one can initiate a chat and capture the chat as proof of an agent saying direct deposit not required for a full year.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
STEP Bonus stands for "Share The Experience Program"
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1733 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
Got the account and wait three weeks for the credit card. Could consider a good deal, just need some patient.
Simple is the best.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes
I opened up an Advance account on August 17, deposited $5000 immediately, first payroll deposited August 30. Still haven't gotten the $300 account opening bonus or the $100 direct deposit bonus.

The only thing I have got is the referral bonus from being referred, and two referral bonuses from referring people.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1534 posts
406 upvotes
projector wrote: STEP Bonus stands for "Share The Experience Program"
Sorry, my bad, did not know what STEP is, so no bonus yet for direct deposit
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19723 posts
28591 upvotes
Vancouver
cbt123 wrote: I opened up an Advance account on August 17, deposited $5000 immediately, first payroll deposited August 30. Still haven't gotten the $300 account opening bonus or the $100 direct deposit bonus.

The only thing I have got is the referral bonus from being referred, and two referral bonuses from referring people.
How long did it take you to get those referral bonuses? I made one referral and didn't get any bonuses of any kind yet.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
phht wrote: I received "Transfer XXXXXXXX STEP Bonus" $100 in the advance chequing account right after my payroll direct deposit came in, so i think it is direct deposit bonus, not referral bonus.
Also I chatted with HSBC agent and after checking with management he said direct deposit must be kept going for a full year although he acknowleged that it was not clearly stated in the T & C. So it is a grey area, I guess one can initiate a chat and capture the chat as proof of an agent saying direct deposit not required for a full year.
Not in the T&C, no need. I already saved a copy of their T&C. I don't need an agent telling me otherwise.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: How long did it take you to get those referral bonuses? I made one referral and didn't get any bonuses of any kind yet.
All of them came within 3 weeks of the other party opening an account.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
Still waiting here too, for the step bonus only. Can anyone confirm the credit card $100 bonus arrives as points on the credit card or as a cash deposit in the chequing account?
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
slowtyper wrote: Still waiting here too, for the step bonus only. Can anyone confirm the credit card $100 bonus arrives as points on the credit card or as a cash deposit in the chequing account?
It's 20,000pts on the WE MC.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
slowtyper wrote: Thanks any idea how long that takes to arrive?
I think pretty fast. I wanna say after first statement or first purchase. Within a few weeks for sure. I got my $1000 spend 10,000pts as well shortly after.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Kiraly wrote: How long did it take you to get those referral bonuses? I made one referral and didn't get any bonuses of any kind yet.
23/Aug/2018 - Account opened and $5,000 deposited (referred by someone)
07/Sep/2018 - STEP Bonus' deposited. I had referred a couple people during the last week of August, and all 3 STEP Bonus' hit on this same day.

As for a bit more accurate info regarding when the HSBC WE MC pts hit my account, I don't have that info because I still haven't received my MC Statement yet >.<
Aug 14, 2012
428 posts
430 upvotes
North Vancouver
projector wrote: It's 20,000pts on the WE MC.
It's only 20k pts on the PREMIER WE. There is no stated extra bonus for regular WE, but I did receive 5k.
slowtyper wrote: Thanks any idea how long that takes to arrive?
My extra 5k came after about 1 month with the card, about 5 days after I hit $1k spend, not sure if it's connected to either.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
604reefer wrote: It's only 20k pts on the PREMIER WE. There is no stated extra bonus for regular WE, but I did receive 5k.

My extra 5k came after about 1 month with the card, about 5 days after I hit $1k spend, not sure if it's connected to either.
It depends when you applied I guess. I received 20,000 when I applied Aug 23rd. IIRC the promotion may have ended on Sep 4th. Strange though, that the fine print still mentions the Welcome Bonus.

https://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/personal/bankin ... mastercard
Aug 14, 2012
428 posts
430 upvotes
North Vancouver
projector wrote: It depends when you applied I guess. I received 20,000 when I applied Aug 23rd. IIRC the promotion may have ended on Sep 4th. Strange though, that the fine print still mentions the Welcome Bonus.

https://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/personal/bankin ... mastercard
Ok, yes, I got the 20k + 10k promotion as well.

But, I think what slowtyper was wondering was whether the additional bonus (on top of the CC welcome bonus, list in the T&C for opening a bank account) would post, which is separate.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)