• Jul 16th, 2010 1:16 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
6024 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
enricor wrote: has anyone every tried to return a bag? ...we are charged, it's on our receipt, so, we should be able to return it.

i.e. you carry your groceries out to the car, and the bag stretches, tears, or has a hole in it, so you return the bag and ask for a refund.

if this is really about the environment, and not about the $$ they should be happy to take it back.
Lol, this is one of the funniest posts I've ever read on RFD. I'm actually laughing out loud after reading this.

"I'd like to return this plastic bag as I am unsatisfied with it."
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2004
1749 posts
325 upvotes
enricor wrote: has anyone every tried to return a bag? ...we are charged, it's on our receipt, so, we should be able to return it.

i.e. you carry your groceries out to the car, and the bag stretches, tears, or has a hole in it, so you return the bag and ask for a refund.

if this is really about the environment, and not about the $$ they should be happy to take it back.
You raise an interesting point...if you buy one item from a store and pay a bag fee, if you decide to return the item in the same bag should you not be entitled to a refund for the bag also?

IME, some stores do credit the bag fee and others don't.
Sword of Omens....Give me deals beyond deals!
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: People who are actually doing something significantly "green" when they shop don't have a trunk...

Who said anything about doing anything significantly green? I've got so many of those reusable bags that i've gotten for free from various places, that it's an easy solution for people who don't want to spend the big 6 cents to buy one
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
4218 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
plastic bag charges are a rip-off. anyways, carrying re-usable bags in the trunk actually decrease fuel economy and the car consumes more gas and in the end, hurts the environment which defeats the purpose of bringing your own bag. plastic bags are just additional profit for the company.

i've read in a BMW magazine that every gram of weight counts, i think it was an issue on how far can 5 L of gas travel in a BMW 5 series. Of course, the winner refused to even carry a pen in the car because it will hurt fuel economy. yah, you may be laughing that a gram doesn't make a difference but it does in the long run.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
1790 posts
334 upvotes
Sprite_TM wrote: plastic bag charges are a rip-off. anyways, carrying re-usable bags in the trunk actually decrease fuel economy and the car consumes more gas and in the end, hurts the environment which defeats the purpose of bringing your own bag. plastic bags are just additional profit for the company.

i've read in a BMW magazine that every gram of weight counts, i think it was an issue on how far can 5 L of gas travel in a BMW 5 series. Of course, the winner refused to even carry a pen in the car because it will hurt fuel economy. yah, you may be laughing that a gram doesn't make a difference but it does in the long run.
theoretically yes, practically no. And I am sure you are not concerned, if you were you would be driving in a car without floor mats/ac/minimal flid levels etc, and possibly taking the bus more often b/c it'd be cheaper then using your own gas to get there.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4963 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
taxes have gone out of control.
Thats a 20% tax on a .5 cent bag.

Add in Drive Clean program (tax)
Eco Fee (tax)
$60 car license Toronto (tax)
Land transfer fee (tax)
HST
Health Care Tax

The underground economy is booming... wonder why?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6964 posts
65 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm waiting for major retailers to start charging you if you want a receipt. "It's 10 cents for the receipt unless you bring your own paper and ink"
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
3203 posts
477 upvotes
Markham
angekfire wrote: I'm waiting for major retailers to start charging you if you want a receipt. "It's 10 cents for the receipt unless you bring your own paper and ink"
You better patented it first. When Comrade Miller implemented this idea, you'll get a cut of it, ala the Arts group and the bill board tax, er fee.