Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 2, 2004
500 posts
1 upvote
Markham

HTC Touch on Univ of Toronto Wireless Network

Anyone know if I can use the HTC Touch wireless internet on the UofT wireless network?

I know that in order to connect you have to pass their 'security' test things, would this be possible to do with the HTC Touch? Anyone have first hand experience using their HTC Touch on UofT's wireless network?

Thanks!
14 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
2899 posts
620 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
yes you can. all university campuses support wifi so dont worry bout it
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27991 posts
931 upvotes
Dildo, NL
just ensure your data profile on the Rogersnetwork is BLOCKED and/or your internet settings in your HTC are purged.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Addict
May 4, 2003
1584 posts
13 upvotes
Imusion wrote:
Apr 11th, 2008 4:05 pm
Anyone know if I can use the HTC Touch wireless internet on the UofT wireless network?

I know that in order to connect you have to pass their 'security' test things, would this be possible to do with the HTC Touch? Anyone have first hand experience using their HTC Touch on UofT's wireless network?

Thanks!
I don't think you'll be able to because of the security test software you have to run. It's the same deal at McMaster.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2006
2939 posts
46 upvotes
Should be fine. You can connect with iPhones through UTORwin.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2004
500 posts
1 upvote
Markham
dasaylay wrote:
Apr 12th, 2008 9:38 pm
Should be fine. You can connect with iPhones through UTORwin.
Hmm so do you even get prompted to run the EPS check tool thing that you would normally get when you connect with a laptop? :confused:
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
2899 posts
620 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
my htc touch works perfectly fine at york u.
Sep 18, 2007
259 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Yeah, i wanted to know if you could do something similar at University Of Ontario.
Sep 30, 2006
238 posts
4 upvotes
If the phone can support PEAP with MSCHAP, you're good to go. Should just have to input a valid student id # and password.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1699 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
We did it on my friends HTC, although its not a Touch, some other one, can't remember what it is, and it was an unlocked version.

Tried it once, didn't work.
Tried it again, it connected, asked for the username and password... entered it in and it worked. It did not ask to run the security test... and seemed to work fine.

@ UTSC
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
2994 posts
239 upvotes
I thought they only run ESP on your "device" if it's a Windows operating system (excluding Windows mobile). It didn't ran ESP for me when I tried logging on with Ubuntu or my PSP.

Edit:

[QUOTE]What equipment is required to run the test?

Computers that run Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 Server are required to run the test. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, nothing to worry about :P
[OP]
Oct 2, 2004
500 posts
1 upvote
Markham
Awesome, thanks for the response guys. I've tried a couple times without success but I shall try a few more times. Never even got to the page where it prompts for user or password yet.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1592 posts
13 upvotes
you will probably have better luck by asking the IT people at the university.