• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 9:49 am
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16326 posts
1081 upvotes
Woodbridge
They sent me $50 of the $650 US. LOL

Seriously, they don't get it. That is why fail.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3539 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
zabuza wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:18 pm
Do you want to save money? Do you prefer a stock-ish ROM? Can you wait a few months longer?

I'm waiting for the OP5, because my answer to all questions is "yes".
valid points, yes to all for me.
Mar 12, 2016
233 posts
171 upvotes
I just want to say, that squeeze thing.................................................sigh

I mean it's useful in certain situations, like..very specific situations, but to promote THAT as a selling point? that's just sad.......................

But i will say, i used to love HTC phones for their full metal body, and now theyre making it glass? aesthetics 10/10
Nov 28, 2013
976 posts
276 upvotes
London, ON
Etabol wrote:
Isn't this the phone a bunch of big YouTube reviewers say to skip. The "BIG WASTE OF SPACE" phone that is over priced.
that is the U ultra which has a waste of space internally .. yes

this is the the u11 which is the upgrade to the htc 10
Feb 4, 2017
174 posts
125 upvotes
Etabol wrote:
Isn't this the phone a bunch of big YouTube reviewers say to skip. The "BIG WASTE OF SPACE" phone that is over priced.
I think you're confusing this phone with HTC U Ultra which is the phone with poor reviews. The HTC U11 just came out and doesn't have reviews yet.
Mar 5, 2008
299 posts
54 upvotes
This is actually a great price for a brand new yet to be released phone. Iphones and S8's are over $1,000. The HTC UI is amazing as its pretty much stock android. The squeeze name sounds pretty gimmicky, but if it works well I can see it being a useful feature just to quickly launch apps or flashlight.

Using the HTC 10 right now and pretty happy. I used to have the S7 edge and so I really miss the battery life and wireless charging it had. I was really hoping at least the latter would make it to the U11 especially since it went with glass, so pretty disappointed it did not which may be the deal breaker here.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1825 posts
44 upvotes
YVR
Etabol wrote:
Incorrect. That was the U Ultra that was, a giant waste of space of a phone. I think HTC goofed up on their marketing of names though. Who would understand that the 11 is the actual flagship... And the ultra is just a midtier test bed.
Aug 26, 2012
97 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
i rona give it a try
just did ordered the silver one
Aug 28, 2010
961 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Ugh not sure how i feel about it.... not a fan of the mirror finish.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1721 posts
733 upvotes
Montreal
magic18 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:25 pm
IPhone pricing but not an iPhone...
DOA
You mean iPhone pricing with a LOT better hardware. AOA(Alive on arrival)
Dec 3, 2011
777 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
the squeeze thing makes it seem like a gimmick.
it makes me think of some mcdonalds happy meal toy feature.
HTC is trying but they design of their phones as well as the internals are not so trying.
if youre spending almost 900 dollars on a phone, i would suggest just spending the extra 100-150 or so and be a much happier customer with samsung. the s8 is a fantastic phone with a great camera and solid software(i use an iPhone 7 but i have used the s8).
Jan 29, 2014
414 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
HTC could've had a killer phone if they just kept the same design as the One M8/M9, add a top of the line camera, IP68, and kept the headphone jack. But no, HTC is stupid so they took away one of the biggest selling features (front facing boomsound speakers), took out the headphone jack, and priced it in the same league as GS8 and iPhone 7.
Last edited by TomRFD on May 16th, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: inappropriate language
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16326 posts
1081 upvotes
Woodbridge
professormeth wrote:
May 16th, 2017 6:12 pm
HTC could've had a killer phone if they just kept the same design as the One M8/M9, add a top of the line camera, IP68, and kept the f***ing headphone jack. But no, HTC is stupid so they took away one of the biggest selling features (front facing boomsound speakers), took out the headphone jack, and priced it in the same league as GS8 and iPhone 7.
Thank You!

I wonder why they eliminated BoomSound, cost? It made no sense.

It's like they got sued by Apple and Samsung for coming up with a genius idea and said it's too amazing take it out or else. LOL

They had a hit on their hands and they managed to **** it up!!
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2041 posts
119 upvotes
Gee wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:30 pm
This phone will probably be the Pixel 2 in a few months.
I wish... google went to LG for their Pixel 2
Don't ask me why :(

HTC has one of the worst customer service in Canada... they do not even have their own service centre
just letting you guys know