GTA
What do they mean by "mark on disk" in the warehouse deals
Jul 19, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
Woah! wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 1:41 am
Now's your chance.

There are currently 4 open-box units available, all priced @ $559 each.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... BRIGYRJ3Q8
Wow, tempting! Thanks for sharing! :)

I had the 'factory sealed' one in my cart last night and was about to order, decided to sleep on it first as I like to do. It's gone now though lol. There are still three available which maybe I'll look into. Just debating between this or another PC...
Jan 10, 2016
47 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton, ON
abubakr wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 10:49 am
Wow, tempting! Thanks for sharing! :)

I had the 'factory sealed' one in my cart last night and was about to order, decided to sleep on it first as I like to do. It's gone now though lol. There are still three available which maybe I'll look into. Just debating between this or another PC...
Hey bud
I had been waiting on these warehouse deals for a while lol. After thinking about sleeping on it myself, I decided to pick up the factory sealed one last night ;) There is only one left at this price at the moment. If you're serious about getting this, buy that one, if it doesnt work out amazon has great returns. You're covered.
Cheers
Jul 19, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
kauljppp wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 2:08 pm
Hey bud
I had been waiting on these warehouse deals for a while lol. After thinking about sleeping on it myself, I decided to pick up the factory sealed one last night ;) There is only one left at this price at the moment. If you're serious about getting this, buy that one, if it doesnt work out amazon has great returns. You're covered.
Cheers
Nice! I hope you enjoy it. :)

I missed it this time around, maybe I'll grab it next time.
Jan 10, 2016
47 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton, ON
blazed16 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 3:12 pm
Yes picked one up also warehouse deals for 529$ but arrived with scratches/dirt so i did a exchanged and they ended up sending me a new one.Well codes not redeemed looked like it never came out of box and not a single mark along with plastic still on it.
How do you do an exchange on a used one. They told me they don't exchange warehouse deals product. Only refunds are offered
Jun 11, 2016
5 posts
Poutinesauce wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 6:48 pm
There's a reason why they are reducing their prices. It is because VR is obviously a fad that is already winding down a lot. It's like 3D TVs.

I don't see why anyone would invest money in something like this.

When consumers want to play, they want to relax. They don't want to get "immersed" in something that blocks away reality. They don't want to wear a huge, ugly helmet and stare at goggles that make them queasy if they move their head around.

It's only a matter of time before Vive, Oculus and all the others are abandoned, like 3D TVs or the Microsoft Kinect. It is called, a solution in search of a problem. But nobody had problems playing with a 2D screens, and nobody will then these devices are all discontinued.
I work in the games industry and I can say for a fact that VR isn't going anywhere. The big publishers are investing pretty heavily into VR development. Maybe you don't have any interest in VR, but the sales numbers that we have available to us, tell us that it's here to stay.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3885 posts
985 upvotes
weibee wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 12:01 am
I work in the games industry and I can say for a fact that VR isn't going anywhere. The big publishers are investing pretty heavily into VR development. Maybe you don't have any interest in VR, but the sales numbers that we have available to us, tell us that it's here to stay.
The sales numbers show that the top selling games sell hundreds of thousands of copies every month, sometimes close to a million. Now, out of all these copies, how many are played on VR systems? 0.001%? 0.00001%? And you're calling VR a "success"?

The average people simply don't care about this, it's a complete non-factor. The only reason we are hearing about it is that on the Internet there is a vocal minority of early adopters with a lot of disposable income, who will misrepresent their big purchase's popularity out of insecurity.

Game publishers will always hunt for the latest fads to generate hype and goodwill. That is nothing new. But one flop too many and they will simply move on to the next one.

https://haptic.al/latest-virtual-realit ... 53e42f60b5

The data on the number of HTC Vive devices sold show 420000 units. Now, consider the attach rate that any random moderately expensive VR game will have. Do you seriously think it's enough to make any kind of profit? The only thing that could even remotely be viable is cheap gimmicky throaway, overpriced mobile kind of games, that will eventually accumulate and make the whole library of these systems look like a collection of shovelware, discouraging new entrants (in essence, like third-party games for the Wii).

It also says that the total number of VR devices shipped in 2016 is 6.3 millions... now that includes EVERYTHING... there are a LOT of different VR systems, for phones, PCs, consoles, all of which are incompatible with one another. How many publishers are going to be willing to deal with such a marginal, chaotic ecosystem made out of many proprietary systems, out of which there is no overwhelming, clear winner?

It all spells disaster no matter how you try to paint it.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
Jul 7, 2016
627 posts
303 upvotes
keep telling yourself that. there is no way this is going to fail
even apple said that they want to get into augmented reality. google wants in and facebook wants in. either on phones with cheap headset or people who wants the full experience there will be money to make in it.
there are no Mario yet but this will come with time. android wasn't born with the super apps at first. every big tech giant will want a piece of pie of this but not everyone will succeed.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5251 posts
1883 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Poutinesauce wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 1:26 am
The sales numbers show that the top selling games sell hundreds of thousands of copies every month, sometimes close to a million. Now, out of all these copies, how many are played on VR systems? 0.001%? 0.00001%? And you're calling VR a "success"?

The average people simply don't care about this, it's a complete non-factor. The only reason we are hearing about it is that on the Internet there is a vocal minority of early adopters with a lot of disposable income, who will misrepresent their big purchase's popularity out of insecurity.

Game publishers will always hunt for the latest fads to generate hype and goodwill. That is nothing new. But one flop too many and they will simply move on to the next one.

https://haptic.al/latest-virtual-realit ... 53e42f60b5

The data on the number of HTC Vive devices sold show 420000 units. Now, consider the attach rate that any random moderately expensive VR game will have. Do you seriously think it's enough to make any kind of profit? The only thing that could even remotely be viable is cheap gimmicky throaway, overpriced mobile kind of games, that will eventually accumulate and make the whole library of these systems look like a collection of shovelware, discouraging new entrants (in essence, like third-party games for the Wii).

It also says that the total number of VR devices shipped in 2016 is 6.3 millions... now that includes EVERYTHING... there are a LOT of different VR systems, for phones, PCs, consoles, all of which are incompatible with one another. How many publishers are going to be willing to deal with such a marginal, chaotic ecosystem made out of many proprietary systems, out of which there is no overwhelming, clear winner?

It all spells disaster no matter how you try to paint it.
Sooooooo.........

What you're saying is....you haven't tried it.

Winking Face
Jan 10, 2016
47 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Woah! wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 2:36 am
Sooooooo.........

What you're saying is....you haven't tried it.

Winking Face
I am fairly confident in saying this:
If you're somebody who likes tech and you dont have to be a computer expert, even someone who appreaciates a new texh on an andriod or an iphone, once you try it you will begin to see the possibilities that come with this platform. Games and videos are an add on, just the interface itself is quite enthralling just to begin with.
Sep 12, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
I got to try the HTC Vive and a game called Quest for the Emberstone and it was the craziest thing I've ever experienced. I was like meh before now that I've experienced it I want one!