• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 12:34 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
1414 posts
880 upvotes
Montreal
How is Huawei with OS updates? (2 years? 1 year? Never?)

What about monthly security updates? (How many years, if any?)
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2450 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
Very tempting. I didn't see this phone on Telus or Bell websites.

Going to see what they can best offer for me to switch over.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17139 posts
1458 upvotes
Woodbridge
It is, IMO because of the Twilight.

If Huawei stuck with the bland black and white they wouldn't get much attention.

I guess like the P20 Pro I will wait for a price drop and/or better offer from my carriers.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Nov 1, 2009
735 posts
171 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 11:36 am
no chinese phone is worth over 1k
I don't get this comment.
So only Korean (Samsung) & American (iPhone) based companies are worth 1k. (though I don't agree with the pricing nowadays)
Even though both phones are made in China.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17139 posts
1458 upvotes
Woodbridge
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 11:36 am
no phone is worth over 1k
Corrected.

My three daily drivers are all under $1k*.

Apple iPhone XS Gold 64GB
Huawei P20 Pro Twilight
SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 9 Blue 128GB

*with credits, promotions

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
2880 posts
577 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 11:52 pm
Corrected.

My three daily drivers are all under $1k*.

Apple iPhone XS Gold 64GB
Huawei P20 Pro Twilight
SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 9 Blue 128GB

*with credits, promotions
Why 3? How would you rank them?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17139 posts
1458 upvotes
Woodbridge
Part addiction, part of great deals I couldn't pass up. You know, buy now, think later. LOL

Huawei P20 Pro. IR Blaster is important to me, love the Twilight color and yes, I take advantage of it buy using her naked at home.

iPhone XS. If I could afford, the 512GB Max it would be number one because I invested a lot in iTunes and I can have my library with me. Also, I am loving FaceID I forgot iOS apps are so much better to, majority allows me to sign-in using FaceID. I mean my Scotiabank android app still DOESN'T support FPS. WTF?!?!

Note 9. Love the bluetooth S-Pen. :) That's about it. LOL Clearly, this will be up for sale first.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Sep 14, 2018
10 posts
2 upvotes
Wondering why Virgin mobile doesn't seem to have the Mate 20 Pro for pre-order.
I'd want to take advantage of the free watch deal, but I guess I may need to switch providers or buy the phone at full price from somewhere if I wanted to stick with them :/
Dec 27, 2009
105 posts
40 upvotes
Hola
I am rather surprised that this phone is garnering more attention given the specs and camera features. Seems like most of us techy types got overwhelmed with Tecktober and underwhelmed with what we get in Canada :)

Anyone actually getting the phone? I see that the green hue around the edges being a major issue around the world, but not really reported in the tech media. I even asked Alex over at Redskull if his Mate 20 Pro he got from Huawei Canada showed this issue, and he replied that his phone is ok.
Mar 10, 2013
5 posts
HAMILTON
any store have this phone in store right now? seems like it is online only - but it would be great to see it in person.
Aug 18, 2018
452 posts
251 upvotes
SFO <==> YYZ
jay-em wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 3:33 pm
I don't get this comment.
So only Korean (Samsung) & American (iPhone) based companies are worth 1k. (though I don't agree with the pricing nowadays)
Even though both phones are made in China.
When you're the underdog*, you don't get to charge flagship prices. If Huawei wants to gain marketshare, they're gonna have to price them more like Oneplus instead of Apple. I for one was interested in the Mate 20 Pro, and was even willing to overlook the notch and lack of headphone jack because the battery life and cameras just blew everything else away. Then I saw the price and said "**** that", and waited until I got an amazing deal on a 512GB Note 9, which ended up costing less than the 128GB Mate 20 Pro.

*in the West anyway. I'm well aware Huawei is consistently in the top 3 sellers globally
GV/Hangouts + T-Mobile $10/2GB Simple Choice = Win
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
2690 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up this phone on Saturday... Still waiting for a case to deliver but it's definitely smaller than my Note9.

Running firmware 127 now.
My Heatware Feedback: Click!