• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2018 2:00 pm
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
267 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto

Huawei P20pro Owners thread

Hey all, my P20 pro arrives today (though nobody is home so I might only get my hands on it tomorrow).

Any other owners?
133 replies
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
267 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
parapudaw wrote:
May 17th, 2018 9:50 am
Ordered one but will be shipped in-store and they haven't called me yet. Did you receive the tablet as well?
No, I'm with Koodo, so I'm getting the two years of prime.

Have you chosen a case? Limited supply out there, made even more difficult by the protruding camera. I ordered two off of Amazon, so I'm really hoping they work out!
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1157 posts
199 upvotes
The one I got from Amazon is not that great. Basic plastic but will do it for now. I saw one at the Rogers store and I might pick it up upon close inspection. Otherwise, I'll probably stick with clear Spigen.
Sep 27, 2003
9206 posts
2086 upvotes
Newmarket
parapudaw wrote:
May 18th, 2018 9:21 am
The one I got from Amazon is not that great. Basic plastic but will do it for now. I saw one at the Rogers store and I might pick it up upon close inspection. Otherwise, I'll probably stick with clear Spigen.
Looks nicer in the pics than reality?
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
267 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
My cases are arriving today. The big concern with the cases seem to be camera protection.

I ordered these:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07B4B6YW5/ref ... .AbNA8P050

And

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07C7HQHZ9/ref ... .AbPR1JMZ1

I'm waiting for them anxiously, because the phone has arrived and I'm gently setting it up. Looked for some of the lag issues, etc - none so far. Loving the phone thus far.
Oct 18, 2006
251 posts
4 upvotes
How is the front camera? I heard it has some washout issues when taking selfies
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
267 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
raid3050 wrote:
May 18th, 2018 6:07 pm
How is the front camera? I heard it has some washout issues when taking selfies
Yeah, no question, it definitely does. it's not as dire as some make it out to be, but it's definitely a bit overexposed. I knew that going in and it doesn't matter much to me personally -- I use the rear camera more often and after a day of shooting, the triple camera is everything I hoped it would be.

I should also mention that EU owners are reporting that the overexposure has been mostly eliminated on their most recent update, but I don't have that update yet.

I'll also mention that the battery life for me today has been absolutely exceptional.

So far I am loving this phone. It has some quirks to be sure, but most do.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
267 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
Case: report. Of the two cases I bought that I listed a few messages back, the clear TPU one is going back. It fits and looks pretty nice, but the camera bump is flush with the case, offering no protection, and the lip around the screen is tiny.

The other 'rugged' case offers much, much more camera protection. It's ugly as sin - a shame for such a gorgeous looking phone, but it's protected.
Mar 25, 2018
25 posts
1 upvote
Does anyone have instagram and noticed that the ratio seems off? Whenever I'm looking at other people's stories, I noticed their text is cut off and the image looks zoomed in. Even the top notch is covering the top of the interface where the story duration lines are. Anyone know how to fix this?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1019 posts
108 upvotes
Halifax
The Spigen Rugged sits nearly flush with the camera. The Spigen Ultra Hybrid is better. There is a little bit of lip protection for the camera, better than the rugged. I prefer the rugged as a case, but I’m using the Ultra Hybrid because of the camera protection. Hopefully more cases become available. What tempered screen protector are people using? The case friendly one from Ringke is pretty crappy. Useable but not great. Poor coating sans wish it provided a little better coverage.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
267 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
AirTimid wrote:
May 19th, 2018 8:12 pm
The Spigen Rugged sits nearly flush with the camera. The Spigen Ultra Hybrid is better. There is a little bit of lip protection for the camera, better than the rugged. I prefer the rugged as a case, but I’m using the Ultra Hybrid because of the camera protection. Hopefully more cases become available. What tempered screen protector are people using? The case friendly one from Ringke is pretty crappy. Useable but not great. Poor coating sans wish it provided a little better coverage.
I'm still using the factory screen protector for the moment. I had read that about the Spigen rugged. My Note 5 case was the Spigen rugged and I liked it and was disappointed to read it's flush. How is the front screen lip on the hybrid?
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
267 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
thaitea wrote:
May 19th, 2018 3:48 pm
Does anyone have instagram and noticed that the ratio seems off? Whenever I'm looking at other people's stories, I noticed their text is cut off and the image looks zoomed in. Even the top notch is covering the top of the interface where the story duration lines are. Anyone know how to fix this?
I have Instagram, and just checked this out. I can see what you mean. I couldn't find any settings (in the millions of settings) that would alter this. I have to admit, I don't use the stories much so it didn't detract from my usage, but I can understand how it would detract for others. Maybe there's an answer on XDA.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2011
267 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
thaitea wrote:
May 19th, 2018 3:48 pm
https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei ... n-t3782621

Seems to be an issue with any phone that's not 16:9.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)