• Nov 9th, 2018 1:43 am
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4170 posts
719 upvotes
Kingston
BillyMays14 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 7:17 pm
Yup, it's like their Note line without the pen. The Mate 20 Pro has a huge notch but the Mate 20 regular looks great and has the same triple camera setup as the P20 Pro.
Not sure if it's true but their mate PRO is rumored to have a 6.9" screen Face With Open Mouth
I want the mate but I don't think I can use a screen that big lol.
Might have to stick to the regular mate version. Can't wait till it comes out!!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2552 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
I just picked up the P20 Pro over the weekend. My lord.... coming from Samsung S6 is like night and day. The performance is out of this world. Now just trying to set it up properly. So far I am very very impressed and I have not even taken a single photo yet lol.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5461 posts
1259 upvotes
Montreal
I've had my phone for nearly 4 months. I've kept the flimsy screen protector on the whole time and it has shown a lot of wear and tear. I finally ordered tempered glass screen protectors and went to install one yesterday. Imagine my surprise when I peeled off the dingy screen cover to reveal a real, factory installed screen protector on my phone!

My screen is so bright and beautiful now! The difference is night and day! I didn't even bother to install the tempered glass protector, at least for the time being.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2552 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
There is a screen protector applied from the factory? Really? If so, great news, I was just about to buy one for the phone.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4668 posts
780 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 12:30 pm
There is a screen protector applied from the factory? Really? If so, great news, I was just about to buy one for the phone.
it's good enough if you are a careful user.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17140 posts
1459 upvotes
Woodbridge
I like that Huawei includes one but prefer Tempered Glass as it feels better.

Plus mine got scratches after a few days.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1965 posts
203 upvotes
York
psyko514 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 8:57 am
I've had my phone for nearly 4 months. I've kept the flimsy screen protector on the whole time and it has shown a lot of wear and tear. I finally ordered tempered glass screen protectors and went to install one yesterday. Imagine my surprise when I peeled off the dingy screen cover to reveal a real, factory installed screen protector on my phone!

My screen is so bright and beautiful now! The difference is night and day! I didn't even bother to install the tempered glass protector, at least for the time being.
The stock one is pretty bad. Will last you a month most likely. I put a tempered glass on right after the stock one started to get scratched up.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5461 posts
1259 upvotes
Montreal
The Destroyer wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 9:37 pm
The stock one is pretty bad. Will last you a month most likely. I put a tempered glass on right after the stock one started to get scratched up.
Yeah, that's my plan since I have the tempered glass ones anyways. For now, I'm just loving how amazing my screen looks!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2552 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
Which glass would you guys recommend then? I have couple of cases coming to try, but I bet I will be keeping Spigen case which is what I use now on my S6.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17140 posts
1459 upvotes
Woodbridge
I have the ESR both for my Pro and 9.

No complaints. Got it at Amazon.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1965 posts
203 upvotes
York
bembol wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 3:37 pm
I have the ESR both for my Pro and 9.
I bought the ESR initially but I was disappointed in the drop protection. I went with the Spgien Ultra Hybrid this time around.

But the lack of cases for this model is disappointing in relation to that of other phones like the Samsungs/iPhones/Pixels.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2552 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
For case I have settled with J+D case. I was hoping someone would suggest a good front glass.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2552 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone else have major issues with colour balance and exposure when taking pics indoors using the auto mode?
Either over or under exposed and the colour balance is so off thats just crazy. Never had these issues with my old S6.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17140 posts
1459 upvotes
Woodbridge
I wouldn't even able to tell you if I did because I don't really pay attention too much on the camera, point & shoot. Done. LOL

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)