Huawei P20pro Owners thread

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2019 10:08 am
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cRaZyRaVr wrote: There is a screen protector applied from the factory? Really? If so, great news, I was just about to buy one for the phone.
it's good enough if you are a careful user.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
I like that Huawei includes one but prefer Tempered Glass as it feels better.

Plus mine got scratches after a few days.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2369 posts
568 upvotes
York
psyko514 wrote: I've had my phone for nearly 4 months. I've kept the flimsy screen protector on the whole time and it has shown a lot of wear and tear. I finally ordered tempered glass screen protectors and went to install one yesterday. Imagine my surprise when I peeled off the dingy screen cover to reveal a real, factory installed screen protector on my phone!

My screen is so bright and beautiful now! The difference is night and day! I didn't even bother to install the tempered glass protector, at least for the time being.
The stock one is pretty bad. Will last you a month most likely. I put a tempered glass on right after the stock one started to get scratched up.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3737 upvotes
Montreal
The Destroyer wrote: The stock one is pretty bad. Will last you a month most likely. I put a tempered glass on right after the stock one started to get scratched up.
Yeah, that's my plan since I have the tempered glass ones anyways. For now, I'm just loving how amazing my screen looks!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3943 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Which glass would you guys recommend then? I have couple of cases coming to try, but I bet I will be keeping Spigen case which is what I use now on my S6.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
I have the ESR both for my Pro and 9.

No complaints. Got it at Amazon.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2369 posts
568 upvotes
York
bembol wrote: I have the ESR both for my Pro and 9.
I bought the ESR initially but I was disappointed in the drop protection. I went with the Spgien Ultra Hybrid this time around.

But the lack of cases for this model is disappointing in relation to that of other phones like the Samsungs/iPhones/Pixels.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3943 upvotes
Milton, ON.
For case I have settled with J+D case. I was hoping someone would suggest a good front glass.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3943 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Anyone else have major issues with colour balance and exposure when taking pics indoors using the auto mode?
Either over or under exposed and the colour balance is so off thats just crazy. Never had these issues with my old S6.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
I wouldn't even able to tell you if I did because I don't really pay attention too much on the camera, point & shoot. Done. LOL

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1332 posts
783 upvotes
Ottawa
I can't decide between this and a Pixel 2 XL. I like the P20's design and larger battery. It also has 128GB standard. I like the Pixel's (supposedly) better camera and timely updates.

Did anyone else here pick the P20 Pro over the Pixel? What made you decide?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Go Pixel 3 or Mate 20 pro. Don't settle!!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Go Pixel 3 or Mate 20 pro. Don't settle!!
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1327 posts
295 upvotes
B.C.
yow2kvil wrote: I can't decide between this and a Pixel 2 XL. I like the P20's design and larger battery. It also has 128GB standard. I like the Pixel's (supposedly) better camera and timely updates.

This is my deciding factor that's why I have the P20 pro.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1332 posts
783 upvotes
Ottawa
honggil wrote: Go Pixel 3 or Mate 20 pro. Don't settle!!
The Pixel 3 is $400 more than the 2 right now at my provider (Videotron). The only real advantage it has over the 2 is a better screen.

The reason I'm looking at year-old phones in the first place is because they a considerably cheaper than newer ones while giving up little in performance.

Besides, I think I'd be in the same situation deciding between the Pixel 3 and the Mate 20 Pro.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
yow2kvil wrote: I can't decide between this and a Pixel 2 XL. I like the P20's design and larger battery. It also has 128GB standard. I like the Pixel's (supposedly) better camera and timely updates.

Price. Twilight. IR Blaster.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bembol wrote: Price. Twilight. IR Blaster.
Do you rock your p20 pro naked?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4586 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yow2kvil wrote: The Pixel 3 is $400 more than the 2 right now at my provider (Videotron). The only real advantage it has over the 2 is a better screen.

The reason I'm looking at year-old phones in the first place is because they a considerably cheaper than newer ones while giving up little in performance.

Besides, I think I'd be in the same situation deciding between the Pixel 3 and the Mate 20 Pro.
The screen is quite a huge jump though. The screen is just very poor on the 2xl. But I understand the price perspective.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1332 posts
783 upvotes
Ottawa
honggil wrote: Do you rock your p20 pro naked?
Good point. Today's phones are so fragile that a case is a necessity. So, once the initial unboxing is over, a phone's design quality becomes irrelevant IMHO.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
honggil wrote: Do you rock your p20 pro naked?
At home.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)