Humane mouse traps.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2010 12:32 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
5810 posts
426 upvotes

Humane mouse traps.

Where might I get Humane mouse traps in Toronto? Home Depot? Canadiantire? It's just one little guy. He's been with me for some time and has not been real messy but I needs to get rid of him but don't want to kill him.

What alternatives are there to just letting him loose out in the cold where his chances of death are pretty high.
7 replies
Sep 17, 2005
204 posts
3 upvotes
we were having an issue with way more than 1 mouse... my hubby wanted the humane trap...I went for the snap trap....I caught over 1/2 a dozen in mine and he caught nothing in his.
so be prepared that the humane one won't work. good luck
Use your head for something other than just parting your hair!!!! ;)
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2220 posts
189 upvotes
Bucket trap. Basically it is a bucket with peanut butter-covered paper towel roll suspended across it (use a coat hanger) like a bridge. Then use a small piece of wood to make a ramp up to the bucket. When the mouse climbs the wood to get to the peanut butter, the tube rolls and the mouse falls into the bucket. I caught three that way then let them go in a field about 500m from where I live.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Aug 30, 2008
106 posts
9 upvotes
Earth
e-man wrote:
Oct 26th, 2010 11:18 am
Bucket trap. Basically it is a bucket with peanut butter-covered paper towel roll suspended across it (use a coat hanger) like a bridge. Then use a small piece of wood to make a ramp up to the bucket. When the mouse climbs the wood to get to the peanut butter, the tube rolls and the mouse falls into the bucket. I caught three that way then let them go in a field about 500m from where I live.

One way to make sure they do not come back is to 1/2 fill the bucket with water. Mice will then drown. Why is everyone so concerned about being nice and not hurting mice. For crying out loud it's just a mouse, kill it and get over it.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1522 posts
65 upvotes
humane traps look humane, but thats it lol. Once you catch and release the mouse into wherever, they'll find their way back to you, provided they haven't already found someplace better while they're running back to you.

the snap traps looks gruesome, but its gotta be done. also keep in mind they spawn quickly and radically. :razz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHEjAZiAQgc
× < >