None
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10335 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver

Humber Bay Park

So I headed to Humber Bay park today in an attempt to get a different perspective on the city skyline.

People were telling me the police were there within an hour ago chasing off some coyotes. There was a lot of swans, ducks and geese and even some birds. This place sounds like it would be PACKED with wildlife come spring/summer!

Does anyone go here to shoot wildlife (or anything else?). After hearing about the coyote sightings, I am now on a mission to photograph at least one there...
10 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
1509 posts
30 upvotes
Now I do not mean to sound dumb but are you talking about the park near Parlawn Road and Lakeshore Blvd West. The reason I ask is I live sorta close by there and have not heard anything about coyotes but know sometimes police patrol there for unauthorized parties and prostitutes. I should also mention as far as I have witnessed I have never experienced any wildlife but sometimes I go to a little park neak Mimico Ave and Lakeshore Blvd West which has often provided me with some nice skyline pics but wish my cameras had better zoom to enhance and make them better but still pretty good. There are often some nice parts of the Martin Goodman Trail and little parks located in west end that provided with good conditions can givve you some good/interesting shots. I hope in the spring that when its a tad warmer to go to the Humber Bay bridge with my tripod and get some good shots. If you meant another park can you give more details.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10335 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver
flito ray wrote:
Feb 7th, 2010 9:56 am
anyone know if it's possible to get to that park via ttc??
I drove but there is a streetcar right there. I believe it is the queen streetcar that goes out there
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14949 posts
1915 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
HI-ROLLA wrote:
Feb 7th, 2010 12:16 pm
hahaha

Ugly Coyote = Prostitute maybe
lol, police code word?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1543 posts
147 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote:
Feb 6th, 2010 5:00 pm
So I headed to Humber Bay park today in an attempt to get a different perspective on the city skyline.

Does anyone go here to shoot wildlife (or anything else?). After hearing about the coyote sightings, I am now on a mission to photograph at least one there...
I think it is too far to get a detailed Toronto skyline from that park, unless you have pretty long lens. But that park and the road just past it is an excellent place to park your car and then use the path to bike to Toronto. :cheesygri

Here's a picture taken of something else taken near it last summer. :cheesygri

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=60836759&noresize=1
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
1509 posts
30 upvotes
Yes you can take the 501 Queen Streetcar to get there just make sure it says Kipling or Long Branch on it. You want to get off at Parklawn Road. It the streetcar rreads Humber you will have depending on how fast you walk a 10 to 15 minute walk. Another way is take the subway to Old Mill Station (Bloor & Danforth line) and take the 66 (D I believe) to Lakeshore & Parklawn. There is more then one 66 and one goes to Humber Loop which I guess you could take and if you get a transfer use it to take the 501 Streetcar the rest of the way.
Sep 13, 2003
528 posts
82 upvotes
I have been there a few times, spring is probably the best time for wildlife. If you are able to drive one of the best spots in the city has to be the Claireville Conservation area (etobicoke field study centre) Hwy 50(albion rd) and just north of steeles. I have actually seen deer and what appeared to a fox/cyote
Jun 1, 2008
143 posts
7 upvotes
Where would the police chase the coyotes to? There doesn't seem to be much forest around there. The only places to go would be the lake or the residential areas